“poor place to stay”

Ranked #18 of 29 Hotels in Estes Park
Falls City, Nebraska
“poor place to stay”
Reviewed 13 August 2011

room size very small. housekeeping poor. Pool and spa area a joke. would not stay again. employees rude

• Stayed August 2011, travelled with family
1 Thank cindy f

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (34)
Lockport, Illinois
Reviewed 7 August 2011

I stayed here for 6 days last week, with my son and daughter. The owners were so nice and very helpful. The lodge is not a fancy place but it was perfect for us. We were gone out hiking everyday so we were only sleeping here and getting out early every morning. We had a room with a kitchenette that worked out great for us to make our breakfast in the morning. the room was nice and clean with a really comfortable bed (wonderful after hiking in the mountains all day). We enjoyed the hot tub every evening as well.
The location was close to town - just a few minutes in a car and we also ate 2 nights at the Peak to Peak Grille down the street, which was delicious and away from the crowds in town.

• Stayed August 2011, travelled with family
1 Thank pattio7
Santa Monica, California
Reviewed 1 August 2011

This small hotel is 1950's style, but perfectly adequate for visiting Rocky Mountain National Park. It is basic, but clean and quiet. You are not walking distance to Estes Park's restaurants, shops, etc. but it is no more than a 2-3 minute drive and there is plenty of parking in town.

A friend stayed at the Comfort Inn and spent about $60 more per night and we both agreed Peak to Peak Lodge was just as nice and a better value.

Cell phone signals are spotty throughout the area - Safeway parking lot has the most dependable signal.

Stayed July 2011, travelled solo
Conway Arkansas
Reviewed 28 July 2011

My family stayed at the Peak to Peak Lodge for one night on July 18. The property was immaculate! I've stayed in newer chain hotels that were not this clean. We stayed in a family suite - full size bed and futon in living room, as well as dining room table. The small kitchenette was great and met all our needs. The separate bedroom had a full size bed plus a twin bed. The bathroom was the cleanest I've ever seen! The pool was pristine.
The location was great, easy to get in and out. Close enough to drive to town in a minute, and far enough away to be quiet and relaxing. We spent time talking to the owner who is a great guy. He stopped by that evening and chatted with us as we were sitting outside enjoying the cool weather. I felt so at home and very welcomed at the lodge. If we ever go back to Estes Park, this is where we will stay. You won't be disappointed staying here.

• Stayed July 2011, travelled with family
Boise, Idaho
Reviewed 20 July 2011

Maybe the owners were having a bad week during the 4th of July. The lady/owner was very argumentative & unhelpful during check-in and verbally abusive to her husband in front of us. We decided to figure out the accommodations for ourself to quickly get away from the owners. This was a very important family reunion & we were not going to let them ruin it.

The room was clean with clean linens & no bed bugs, but we could not get enough towels for the number of people we had paid for. The towels that were provided were old, thin & small. Luckily, we also had our own. I would suggest this. The stove did not work, so we were forced to eat out for all main meals. Beware of the $50 charge for not putting clean dishes away. We made this mistake after washing a couple spoons, but did not remember to put them up on the shelf before leaving. You are subject to using dishes that have been cleaned buy the last person using the room. We had to rewash the dishes & glasses to use them when we arrived. Internet is an extra charge - $14/day if I remember correctly. We had limited choices making this reservation on this popular weekend. We will not stay here again.

• Stayed July 2011, travelled with family
Krokus, Owner at Peak To Peak Lodge, responded to this review, 23 July 2011
We appreciate and respect comments and opinions from our guests. But this writer is lying considerable about things which never happened and not true at all.

Facts:

1. My wife was never verbally abusive to me (husband and owner), especially in front of guests which are in our office. Sorry, but I would remember if I had a fight with my wife.

2. My wife (owner) can't remember having a negative argument with a guest the last 10 weeks. We would remember especially if it was less then 3 weeks ago.

3. We provide our guests with as many towels as needed. Every guest can come to the office and ask for more towels and other needed items.

4. Stove did not work. All our Stoves are working, but the gas needs to be ignited. We never had anybody in our office, who asked how the stove is working.

5. With the comment about the $50.00 cleaning fee, the writer is suggesting that she was charged with the $50.00. We did not charge anybody the last 10 weeks for any cleaning fees. Our housekeepers check the kitchenettes with their content.

6. We NEVER charged any guest for the Internet. The Wi-Fi is FREE. This accusation that we charge $14.00 a day for the Internet is WRONG.
Nebraska City
Reviewed 17 July 2011

I stayed here on one of my mountain hiking trips and was completely satisfied. I highly recommend this as an economical place to stay. It ain't fancy, but a very good place to stay in Estes.
I also dropped my motorcycle key in their drop box at 4:00 am and since I had to get going all it took was a phone call after I arrived home to have them mail it to me. Excellent service.

• Stayed August 2010, travelled solo
Sherman, Texas
Reviewed 28 June 2011

We stayed here recently and really enjoyed this older property. The rooms were clean and the room we selected had a small sitting area with a gas fireplace. The owners were very friendly and responded quickly to all of our requests or questions. This was our first trip to Estes Park and we loved it. I would recommend this property to anyone that is looking for a good place to stay at a reasonable price. There was no restraurant on the property but there were numerous good places to dine within a few minutes drive. This property is also not far from the entrance to the national park.

• Stayed June 2011, travelled as a couple