“Nice, clean place”
Review of Peak To Peak Lodge

Peak To Peak Lodge
Ranked #20 of 29 Hotels in Estes Park
Reviewed 26 June 2013

Nice clean lodgings - with good rates. Located approxinmately 1/2 mile from 'downtown' Estes Park - it works well. Pool, ice -- what more do you need? Not much parking space - but adequate. Assuming you will not be spending a whole lot of time in the room -- this motel fits the bill as to quality to price.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank Martin G

Reviewed 5 June 2013

Lodging in Estes Park can be a daunting proposition, price wise. So we were very happy to find the Peak to Peak Lodge, a clean and quiet motel just a short drive from the center of the village of Estes Park. Our large room was comfortable and clean, and appointed with a gas fireplace and all the amenities we require of our home base on our adventures. The pool and hot tub were both immaculately maintained, and the hot tub was a kid-free zone...a nice change from the hot tubs that are packed with children. The view from the parking lot was great, and included several elk visiting the houses across the street on several occasions during our few day stay. The staff was courteous and helpful. I would definitely recommend Peak to Peak for any budget-minded travelers to Estes Park.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank JeffJA1970
Reviewed 10 November 2012

I spent two nights at the Peak to Peak lodge during the 2012 Elk Festival. It's been a sort of forced choice since all other motels I had considered were fully booked. Despite through the online reservation system I wasn't able to get the same room for my two nights stay the person on duty when I checked in told me that they managed and get me the same room for my whole stay. Moreover, I was granted a microwave ( not properly working) as I had previously requested despite it was not part of the room basic appliances consisting of a small fridge. The room was cramped even for a single traveller, clean and decent but definitely dated. Sad to say there wasn't any coffee maker and I mostly missed it when in the morning I couldn't get any coffee from the lobby since they open it only at 8 ( actually even later).Too late for me that I had planned an early start for hiking at the Rocky Mountains National Park and for many guests. When I asked to spend a third night at the lodge I was told that only a bigger and more expansive room was available but should they ever had had any cancellation they would have let me know. It seemed fair to me, and I was a little disppointed when returning to my room on my second day I saw the "no vacancy" sign. It meant they had already offered someone else the available room without asking me if I could be interested in it in any case. I would have expected at least a different treatment since I had expressed my desire to spend one more night. I was forced to find a different accomodation but when I found it I was glad of what happened since my new room was better and cheaper.

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled solo
1  Thank d8889
Reviewed 19 September 2012

My husband & I stayed here in room 10 for 3 nights to attend a wedding and go to Rocky Mt National park. The location is good. Room very clean and comfortable. Had everything we needed, queen bed, 2 suitcase racks, hair dryer, iron, ironing board, nice TV, small refrigerator and microwave. This is an older motel, and room somewhat small. We did not need AC as it was Sept, so can't speak to that. No breakfast, but did have coffee in the room and at the office.
Good value for your $. Recommend if you want a clean, comfortable place to stay. Staff was friendly.

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Diane P
Reviewed 19 September 2012

It was late and we were desperate to find a vacancy that didn't cost an arm and a leg. This place met our not-too exacting specs. We took an upstairs room with a king bed. The room is small, the view was less than spectacular, and the carpet was stained. No nearby recommended restaurants. We only stayed one night, and that was fine with me.

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled with friends
1  Thank Homebody44
Reviewed 11 September 2012

My wife and I stayed in room 7 from the 9th September 2012 for 2 nights. We stayed here for access to the Rocky Mountain National Park, whose entrance is about five miles away. The photograph on the internet flatters this older type Motel and, yes, there is a tricky and steep ramp to access. as other reviewers have noted. The parking would also be tight if the Motel were near capacity.
Check-in was efficient if somewhat humourless, and our Queen room was clean and tidy. However as the one window is small, and the front pourch covered, the room is somewhat dark, even with the white painted walls. The bed was comfortable, but has patterned sheets did nothing to offer confidence. White sheets please (There were two spare pillows; they had white pillow cases.). The room is small so the walk-in wardrobe came in useful to stow cases, etc. The worst problem with this room, was the air-con unit which is very noisey, and opening the screened window just let in the noise of other air-con units from adjacent rooms. While I'm at it the towels were some of the smallest that we've encountered for some time. The Bath-towels are wet when you still are!
Outside there is a small swimming pool and BBQ facilities (Bring your own coals though). Being here for 2 nights we had the opportunity to see other rooms, and there are some ground floor much better than ours. Some had kitchenette's and a King bed, but these, of course, cost a lot more.
The Motel does not offer breakfast, but there is an excellent Safeway a mile away if, like us. you use the Room's Microwave and Fridge.
Would we stay here again? On balance the extra charged by other establishments is probably worth it, so yes but only if our budget were very tight.

Room Tip: The basic Queen room that we had, was not good value. Probably worth paying the extra for a larger r...