I booked a riverside room for New Years weekend and was so excited! The day before we were supposed to check in, I received a phone call stating my room was actually unavailable and that I was going to have a different room. I wouldn't have minded another room however, I had my heart set on the riverside and I was no longer getting one by the river. I asked for a discounted rate or even a room with a fireplace since I was not getting what I had originally paid for. They did not have anymore rooms with fireplaces, but the manager insisted the room I was getting was an upgrade so therefore that was my "discount". I gained nothing with that room except for extra space and an additional bed I had no use for. Larger, more expensive, or not, they had an obligation to find me a room anyways due to the fact that it was not my fault and that I had no place to stay. The manager offered me a 10% discount which was a whole $8.99 for the two-night stay. I asked if I could have a voucher towards dinner because to me, that was not enough. The manager refused and once again stated that the room with an extra bed was my discount. Then he offered me a room by the river for the second night. That was another inconvenience because then we would have to get settled in all over again. I explained how frustrated I was because I could have booked a room at so many other places and been by the river. The manager then stated, "I would be more than happy to release you out of your resevation for tonight (the second night) and you can look elsewhere." I was shocked! He was willing to lose my business to another lodging company instead of just making the customer happy and offering me a further discount! All I really wanted was for them to actually recognize the inconvenience they created for me and to offer something more than $8.99 off of my stay. It was their fault that they double booked a room and I am the one who took a hit for it. After the remark about how I could look elsewhere, that's just what I did! I took my money that I would have given them for the second night and booked elsewhere. I will never stay at The Silver Moon Inn. It is a nice place, but if you want to be treated with respect and get what you pay for, this is NOT the place to stay.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Estes Park’s legendary hotel lodging in downtown Estes Park, just outside Rocky Mountain National Park. Silver Moon® Inn has all you want in Estes Park accommodations: cozy rooms and suites, a river front location, walk to shopping and dining, friendly staff and quality service. Silver Moon® Inn and your unforgettable Colorado Rocky Mountain Vacation Experience await your arrival! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Ebookers, Odigeo, Priceline, Hotel.de and Agoda so you can book your Silver Moon Inn reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Silver Moon Hotel Estes Park
- Silver Moon Motel
- Silver Moon Inn Estes Park, CO