“Rude staff with no guest service skills.” 1 of 5 bubbles
Review of Silver Moon Inn

Lowest prices for {0} - {1}
Enter dates for lowest prices
We check up to 200+ sites for the lowest hotel prices
Silver Moon Inn
Ranked #2 of 29 Hotels in Estes Park
“Rude staff with no guest service skills.”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 January 2012

I booked a riverside room for New Years weekend and was so excited! The day before we were supposed to check in, I received a phone call stating my room was actually unavailable and that I was going to have a different room. I wouldn't have minded another room however, I had my heart set on the riverside and I was no longer getting one by the river. I asked for a discounted rate or even a room with a fireplace since I was not getting what I had originally paid for. They did not have anymore rooms with fireplaces, but the manager insisted the room I was getting was an upgrade so therefore that was my "discount". I gained nothing with that room except for extra space and an additional bed I had no use for. Larger, more expensive, or not, they had an obligation to find me a room anyways due to the fact that it was not my fault and that I had no place to stay. The manager offered me a 10% discount which was a whole $8.99 for the two-night stay. I asked if I could have a voucher towards dinner because to me, that was not enough. The manager refused and once again stated that the room with an extra bed was my discount. Then he offered me a room by the river for the second night. That was another inconvenience because then we would have to get settled in all over again. I explained how frustrated I was because I could have booked a room at so many other places and been by the river. The manager then stated, "I would be more than happy to release you out of your resevation for tonight (the second night) and you can look elsewhere." I was shocked! He was willing to lose my business to another lodging company instead of just making the customer happy and offering me a further discount! All I really wanted was for them to actually recognize the inconvenience they created for me and to offer something more than $8.99 off of my stay. It was their fault that they double booked a room and I am the one who took a hit for it. After the remark about how I could look elsewhere, that's just what I did! I took my money that I would have given them for the second night and booked elsewhere. I will never stay at The Silver Moon Inn. It is a nice place, but if you want to be treated with respect and get what you pay for, this is NOT the place to stay.

• Stayed December 2011
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
9 Thank MomoB84
motel2, Owner at Silver Moon Inn, responded to this review, 5 January 2012
We do appreciate all of our guest’s comments. We are sorry to hear that the stay was not up to your standards. You were upgraded to a room with almost twice the square footage of the original booking, with extra amenities. There was no overbooking that occurred. The property is under going renovation, which should be done very shortly. Unfortunately our contractors were unable to complete that room in time. We strive to meet all of our guests needs and work with them in the best way that we can. A few different options were brought up to try to solve the issue that you experienced, but we were unable to offer a complementary stay as was requested. We do believe that we have the best guests in the industry, and we do appreciate all the patronage.
Thank You, Tom and Katy Hochstetler proprietors of the Silver Moon Inn

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (182)
Fort Collins, Colorado
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 November 2011

We stayed for one night in one of the Inn's pet-friendly rooms. It was so pleasant not to be charged a pet fee for our dog, that we almost didn't pay attention to the other amenities when we were booking our stay. When we arrived, the staff was as friendly as could be, had great local coffee that was fresh, and the room was very clean. The bathroom was a little small, but it was so nice to have a fridge, microwave, real glasses in the room, etc. We loved our stay here!

• Stayed November 2011, travelled with friends
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank smile83839
Denver, Colorado, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 November 2011

My husband and I went up on November 10-12, 2011. It was beautiful. Though this is set up with 3 floors and appears to be a hotel/motel, the inside of the rooms resemble a small cabin. They are decorated as one would expect a cabin to be. Our first room (210) had a wood burning fireplace which was lovely!!! After a snafu with the smoke not going up the chimney, we were moved to room 119, with an electric fire place. One of the newer and larger rooms. Also, decorated beautifully! From our room we could walk right out to the river. 119 had a private patio with a table and chairs- could read, eat, whatever, with the sounds of the river just a few feet away. The bathrooms look newly remodeled and are very nicely done.
We enjoyed the hot tub (clean and hot), the fire pit (with new wood each night), morning breakfast/snacks (fruit, pre-wrapped danish, granola bars, hard boiled eggs, large juice selection, coffee, hot cocoa, ect).
It is a very short walk into town! Lunch, dinner, ice cream and shops are all within a short walk. No need to fight over parking downtown.
Overall a great and relaxing time! Thank you to Adam and the other front desk guys for making this such a great birthday weekend! We'll be back!!!!!!!!

Room Tip: Pick a newer room on the far end (117-120 or 217-220(?) ) or a room on the top floor.
  • Stayed November 2011, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Kris W
Minnesota
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 November 2011

We stayed one night at Silver Moon on our way through Estes Park. The staff was wonderful and very helpful, but I probably wouldn't stay again. The room decorations and feel were old and worn. I asked for the top floor so I wouldn't hear footsteps above us and I'm glad I did as we could hear the people in the next room talking. The "river" everyone is talking about is a small creek in the front of the hotel. I was hoping for a real river view out a balcony but the hotel abuts a bluff and there are no balconies or windows out the rear of the room. There are virtually no mountain views at this hotel. We went to the hot tub area and both looked cloudy and unkept but we used the cleaner of the two. The common areas outside also looked to be unkept. We appreciated the free wireless and breakfast but the breakfast was just cold pre-packaged rolls and coffee.

• Stayed November 2011, travelled as a couple
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
6 Thank Bubbles2055
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 November 2011

Great location (right by a babbling brook)! A++ = room, fire place (wood available upon request)... Hot tubs (location not that great tons of ambiant light can't see the night sky). Walls and ceiling thin... (Get a room on 3rd floor or you will hear peoples foot steps) refrigerator freezes everything (check settings) windows actually open so you can control some cooling in the room. All and all outstanding experience!!!!

• Stayed November 2011
1 Thank cherrh
New York
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 November 2011

Without sounding like I'm gushing....Silver Moon Inn is fantastic! We spent a week here in a second floor room, every night listening to the Fall River rushing right outside our door. The staff was courteous, the hot tub felt great...especially after hiking and dodging the rutting elk everyday in Rocky Mountain National Park and the location was perfect! While dining within downtown Estes Park we found to be spotty, it was still nice to know we could walk to dinner if we chose to. As I mentioned, the staff was very helpful, especially when, on the day we were leaving, we woke up to almost an inch of snow on our car and needed a scraper, which they readily lent. So the bottom line: the room was clean, the bed comfy, plenty of room to store clothes (as many hotels are now doing away with dressers..what's up with that?), courteous staff, well maintained hot-tub, reasonably priced. I would definitely stay here again.

Room Tip: We were glad we were on the second floor when we chose to sit on the porch. The first floor rooms w...
  • Stayed October 2011, travelled as a couple
2 Thank mslalite
Chicagoland, Illinois
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 November 2011

This was a (very) last-minute add-on toward the end of our March/April 2010 spring break Route 66 road trip from Chicago to Santa Fe and back. … We didn’t know we were staying at Silver Moon until we were more than halfway to Estes Park. There weren’t a lot of choices because it was still decidedly off-season. We were scared away from the RMNP-area national chains because of some pretty horrifying reviews. Thank goodness for wireless and smartphones. Thank goodness Silver Moon in was open and available. …

Not only was Silver Moon available, they were OK with our late check-in. They hid a key for us and actually let us check in the next morning (as we were checking out!). Clean and surprisingly large room. Beds were more than enough for me, wife, and 9-year-old twins. Powdered donuts and juice in the small main office were good enough as we were thrilled to wake up in the Colorado air for a quick off-season visit to Rocky Mountain National Park.

Room Tip: Not a lot of choices in March and April. Silver Moon in was there for us at the last minute.
  • Stayed March 2011, travelled with family