“I would give a 6 if I could!”
Review of Silver Moon Inn

Silver Moon Inn
Ranked #2 of 29 Hotels in Estes Park
Reviewed 2 September 2014 via mobile

Hotel rooms are just a place to sleep. But some places are just better - and the Silver Moon Inn is just that - better! The room is clean, very comfortable, and always updated. Nice toiletries and clean bathroom, so much so I love to take a bath here. Nice little conti breakfast. But the service is what you would expect from a larger, more sophisticated hôtel. The staff is wonderful. WONDERFUL! I have only stayed at one 'better' hotel, but it was several hundred dollars more! Definitely stay here!!!

• Stayed: June 2014

Reviewed 2 September 2014

If possible get a second-story room facing the river, they have fire pits and will provide you with some limited firewood so that you can sit outside and watch a little cowboy TV. Short distance to walk to for some good food at the grubstake or one of the other restaurants nearby,just a nice location

• Stayed: August 2014
Reviewed 28 August 2014

This is the first time I've actually stayed in town because the past two trips to Estes I didn't have my teenage girls with me since it was purely a RMNP hiking trip. This time it was split between hiking and family time. I wanted to be close but not to close and this was the perfect place. On the edge of town but a block off of the main street, right next to the river (more like a stream where I come from). Open the front door and walk 30 feet and your at the edge of the river with plenty of chairs, swings, fire pits, and grills to enjoy after a day of running around. With a pool and hot tubs on the property my kids loved it as well. My wife loved it since she could walk a block away to the shops or just sit and relax near the waters edge. Rooms were nice; TV, fridge, decent shower and the staff was friendly. If you leave your window open you can here the river water flowing which makes for a good nights sleep at least for me! Still only about 15 minutes from the RMNP entrance for those die hard hikers!

Room Tip: I liked the first floor since you could just walk out to the river. Really had no issues with noise...
  • Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Brian S
Reviewed 20 August 2014

Great value-good sized comfortable room, beautiful surroundings-right on the creek, with hot tub, gas grills, firepits & of course complimentary smore fixins:) Walking distances to downtown. Good variety of choices for breakfast. Evans was very helpful with advice on hiking trails.

Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 17 August 2014

My husband and I pulled into Estes Park mid-morning on our motorcycles after having just ridden through 47 degree weather and constant rain. Obviously we were way too early to check in, but the staff was so friendly and requested that our room be put as a priority to be cleaned. We went and had breakfast and the man at the front desk let us leave our luggage there with him so it didn't have to stay out in the rain. When we came back from breakfast, the front desk said the room we originally had was not ready, but one with the same features was ready. We took it. The location is just great. It's on a river and you can leave your window open and hear the water all night. They have swings down by the river and even BBQs that you can use. There aren't rooms behind you so you can open the window in the front and in the bathroom to get a cross breeze going through. The rooms themselves look like they have been recently updated - and it has been done well. Sometimes you can tell that an update was done halfheartedly. Not here. We had a fridge, microwave, even plates and a toaster in our room. And I can't compliment the staff enough. It wasn't just the man who checked us in, but also the man who was there later in the day. They both seemed to really enjoy their job and working with people. We will stay here every time we are in Estes Park.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank K F
Reviewed 12 August 2014

I was here with my 3 BFFs on a girl's vacation. I've lived in Northern Colorado for the past 10 years and my husband and I love going to Estes for the day, but I don't often get to stay overnight. I've been looking at Silver Moon Inn as a possible getaway location for several years. Its at what I consider the "far" end of Elkhorn Avenue on Spruce Street, and the River runs right in front. They have all kinds of chairs, tables, grills and fire pits by the river for guest enjoyment. After a hard day of shopping, we sat around the fire pit and drank wine while we whined. What I liked most was the convenience of the hotel to town (walking distance), and the national park entrance (a short drive). The place is a bit rustic for my taste, but my taste runs to the Della Terra, and you can't always stay at the Della Terra. Silver Moon Inn was super clean (a big plus in my book) and the staff was great. They were friendly and knowledgeable about the area. They also had a big white board in the lobby with local restaurants and what guests thought of them. Room rate was really reasonable (especially considering this is vacation season) and included a continental breakfast. Overall, it was a very pleasant experience and I would stay here again.

Room Tip: No elevator so if you are schlepping a lot of gear, you may want a room on first floor. The staff o...
  • Stayed: August 2014, travelled with friends
2  Thank Marcia H
Reviewed 11 August 2014 via mobile

Can't say enough good things about silvermoon. We spent our entire vacation congratulating ourselves on our great choice. . Location was perfect, we could all walk to downtown area and come and go without having to use car. Friendly staff, went above and beyond, supplied free sundries we forgot to bring. Housekeeping was always prompt and did an excellent job. Our suite (2 bedroom,1bath) was spacious and clean. Can't say enough. Nice outdoor areas to sit and relax. Just great all around.

• Stayed: August 2014