“Pleasant, convenient hotel with great internet access”

Alpine Trail Ridge Inn
Ranked #4 of 29 Hotels in Estes Park
San Francisco, California
“Pleasant, convenient hotel with great internet access”
Reviewed 28 July 2014

This hotel is located about a quarter mile outside the tourist town of Estes Park along the road to Rocky Mountain National Park. It's a very convenient location if you're planning to spend all day in the park. The rooms are large, clean, and comfortable. The wifi in the rooms is surprisingly great (and free!) — much, much better than standard hotel fare.

There are several decent restaurants within easy walking distances; the one right next door gives a small discount to hotel customers.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
mtnpoet2, General Manager at Alpine Trail Ridge Inn, responded to this review, 4 August 2014
Our thanks to all the reviewers who are willing to take the time to post a review on their stay with us. We have a great staff and are working very hard to make it an exceptional stay with us here at Alpine Trail Ridge Inn.

I would like to elaborate a bit on the new internet access we put into operation the 1st of July. I feel we have the fastest internet in town. Our previous provider, who is one of the nicest people I've ever met, just didn't have the wherewithal and the bandwidth to provide really good service to commercial accounts like ours. So I switched to Baja Broadband, who provides our TV feed, and now where I previously had about 6 Mgs down and 1 Mg up for the whole property of 48 rooms, I now have 33 Mgs down and 3 Mgs up on EACH of our three buildings and the office.

The buildings are hardwired to each room from a central distribution point and each room has its own individual router and unique password for each room. Guests can either connect to the router with a Cat 5 cable or connect to it wirelessly. We are getting excellent feedback on the system. Come and experience really fast internet access.

Thanks, Jay Grooters, Operations Manager, Alpine Trail Ridge Inn

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (284)
  • Finnish first
Centerville, Ohio
Reviewed 27 July 2014

My wife and I were finishing up our Evangelism Tour and wanted to spend a couple of days in Estes Park and Rocky Mountain National Park. We searched for numerous days looking at hotels, motels, and cabins. We finally settled on the Alpine Trail Ridge Inn because of the reviews, photos, and proximity to RMNP. What we were to encounter next went beyond our expectation of service and way beyond what pictures can describe. I called to find out about dates and availability. I was greeted by a very friendly voice. The lady was patient and gave me options. Because I called several weeks in advance she recommended the king size bed, with the balcony, and cathedral ceiling. She informed me it had a wonderful view of the mountains. This was just what I was hoping for my wife and I...so eagerly I made the reservation.

From the moment we came onto the property our impression of this Inn only increased. The staff even friendlier than on the phone, the room (#133) was even nicer than I thought (including the cleanliness of the room), and the view breathtaking. There is really no way a photo can capture the depth and beauty we saw from our window. When you see our photo multiply it by 10 and you'll get an idea. The location to the RMNP and into downtown Estes Park is excellent. Not so close to the city where you deal with continual traffic and only a couple of miles from the park! I'm telling you it is just this convenient.

Since we both like the mountains and Estes Park we are eagerly awaiting to return...and we will, by GOD'S grace stay here.

Shane

Acts 4:11-12

Colorado
Reviewed 27 July 2014

We stayed three nights in room 134, which is a balcony room in the back of the property. We stayed in the exact same room last year too (I requested the same room this year). Check in was easy and friendly. The bed linens were fresh and the bathroom was sparkling clean. I am very picky about cleanliness and I had no complaints. For some reason the traffic was noticeable to me but with the sliding glass door closed and the air conditioner on I couldn't hear it. Overall I love this great old-fashioned place and will probably return there in 2015!

Room Tip: Balcony rooms are worth a few extra $$
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
Victor, New York
Reviewed 27 July 2014

This is a very nice,clean motel at the edge of Rocky Mountain National Park. Staff was friendly and courteous. Free shuttle stop at hotel to take into Estes Park or other attractions in area. Restaurant right next door. Would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with friends
Amarillo, Texas
Reviewed 26 July 2014

This was our first time to stay at Alpine Trail Ridge. I picked it randomly off the internet (due to its ratings) and must say we were NOT disappointed! Was so very relaxing, very clean rooms, Perfect location. The staff were so friendly, and housekeeping does a top-notch job. We will definitely recommend this lodge to our family and friends and look forward to our next stay! Thank you!!

Room Tip: Rooms with the balcony for awesome views!
Highlands Ranch, Colorado
Reviewed 25 July 2014

We made a last minute reservation here with a relative in town and found the unit nicely remodeled with lots of updates and nicely equipped for seniors with handicapped rails, fresh paint, new carpet, comfortable beds, air conditioning and wi-fi. the room, sundeck and pool was very clean and well-maintained. The inn is very close to the entrance of Rocky National Park on Moraine and just minutes away from down town Estes. the staff and owners were very accommodating and friendly. We would definitely stay here again.

Room Tip: Best to choose a room furthest from the highway and either on the top floor or a unit with nobody ab...
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 25 July 2014

Our family has stayed her many times over the last 20 years, and would never consider a different motel when we travel to Estes Park. The rooms are very clean, the staff are friendly and helpful, the location is fantastic (on the quieter west side of town, and closer to RMNP entrance, and there is a gas station and grocery store across the street). Jay and Fran-you are the BEST!

Room Tip: family unit is nice with complete kitchen facilities
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled with family