My wife and I (i'm 30 yrs old to give perspective) wanted a nice place for a long weekend getaway and we certainly found it!
To start we were greeted at check in as if we were regulars or part of the family. Very friendly and helpful. Then after that they are there if need them, but will simply leave you alone. Changed the trash and fresh towels. Other than that we felt like we were alone out there. Which in this case was exactly what we wanted.
We stayed in the one bedroom suite 12. One word CLEAN. I was blown away by how clean it was given it has a full kitchen and a wood burning fireplace. We are neat freaks too, well I am. I just know people can be messy and disrespectful to stuff that isn't there's when on vacation. As stated it has a full kitchen, with better pots and pans than we have at home. Everything you need and more, even for a top chef.
Although it wasn't on once during our stay there was a 30" HDTV in the room. We did however use the Bose iPhone/iPod speaker dock for music while enjoying our wood burning fireplace.
After our snowshoe trip in RMNP the on site hot tub was amazing! The trek back the the suite is a little frosty but worth it.
Views and sounds of the river are phenomenal. The grounds are in great shape and show no signs of any flood damage. That I could tell anyway.
Can't say enough great things. Overall my expectations were exceeded and we will certainly be back.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located in a dramatic, mountain riverside setting, The Woodlands offers one and two bedroom suites overlooking the Fall River. Beautiful landscaping, trees over 300 years old and Castle Mountain views all combine to provide the perfect location for your vacation or getaway in Estes Park. Just just two miles from the Fall River entrance to Rocky Mountain National Park. You have easy access to over 350 miles of hiking trails, bountiful wildlife and scenic drives unique to this great national treasure. The Woodlands is convenient to Estes Park shopping, dining and its variety of year-round activities. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com so you can book your The Woodlands on Fall River reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Woodlands On Fall River Hotel Estes Park
- The Woodlands On Fall River Estes Park, CO