“Nothing Like It”

Baldpate Inn Key Room Collection
Ranked #32 of 78 things to do in Estes Park
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 1-2 hours
Owner description: Baldpate Key-thedral Theater is a delightful outdoor venue providing live theater and special events during the summer months in Estes Park, Colorado. Nestled in the pine and aspen forest next to Rocky Mountain National Park, our intimate performance area seats up to one hundred guests. Theater groups such as Encore! Encore! and The Fine Arts Guild of the Rockies have collaborated with Baldpate Key-thedral Theater to provide outstanding family entertainment each season. Comedy acts, musical performances, and seminars have as well all enjoyed highest reviews over the years. Performance schedules and Tickets will be available for purchase beginning June 1 each year.
Reviewed 9 August 2014

I was intrigued by what I read from other reviewers on TA, so knew I had to see the key collection for myself. The Inn sits off the road, and you have to look carefully for the sign. Down a dirt road, and there sits the almost 100 year old Inn. It has a lot of character, which I expected in something this old. But that's part of the charm. It has its own kind of beauty. The key room is exactly what is says it is-20000 keys hanging on the walls and from the ceiling. Many are framed and have the story of the key written beside it. You could spend hours walking through and reading about their history. Since we didn't have that much time, it was just hit and miss what we found. I do wish there was some type of guide pointing out where certain keys were located-Frankensteins Castle, Westminster Abbey, etc. it won't spoil your vacation if you miss the collection, but it will definitely give you something to talk about afterward. We didn't get to eat at the restaurant, which I heard is vey good.

1  Thank Teachaimo
in 5 reviews
"hiking"
in 2 reviews

Reviewed 5 August 2014

They offered a soup and salad bar that was very good. There were two offerings of soup the day I was there. The history and the key collections are a must see, even if you don't hang around for the lunch.

Reviewed 5 August 2014

We were recommended to the Baldpate Inn and it is a great place to eat. The building is older but has lots of character and great viewing of the hummingbirds at the many feeders. The key room is very interesting and unusual!

Reviewed 30 July 2014

Interesting restaurant, but the soups were flat (I make better). The cornbread is always delicious as was the pie. The salads were very good.

1  Thank jmf1978