“Fantastic Mexican Food”

Cuisines: Mexican
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 11 July 2014

Fantastic food. Interesting layout to restaurant. Huge plates of food, excellent quality. Service was great. They were very accommodating to children to get them exactly what they wanted, even though it wasn't on menu.

1  Thank Meg A

Reviewed 10 July 2014

Went to this restaurant as we like mexican. The outdoor seating was very nice - great view. Took a while for a server to come over. The food was bland. had to ask for complimentary chips and salsa.

Reviewed 7 July 2014

My husband and I had a craving for mexican food and visited Chelito's. The view was fabulous. The wait staff was good But the food was terrible!. Salsa and chips were the best part of our meal. I ordered shrimp fahitas and shrimp smelled so strong I pulled all my shrimp out. I sent back my beans as they weren't even luke warm. Rice was cold. The waitress complied by warming it up. My husband ordered a pork wrap and we couldn't tell what kind of meat it was. We paid our bill but left our food there. Our fault for paying for the meal. Our flight back to Michigan was the next morning. My husband began vomiting and stumach cramps. Two days later he was still vomiting and stomach cramps. Do not recommend unless you want to be sick.

Wanda and Bill
Horton , Michigan

2  Thank Wanda W
Reviewed 1 July 2014

Made-at table-guacamole good, also salsa verde good. Other than that, just average. No special effort. Wait staff very pleasant.

Reviewed 18 June 2014

We approached this restaurant because they had some vegetarian options and semi-reasonable prices for the area. We arrived around 1:45pm and there were only a handful of tables. When our food came, all 3 of our orders were incorrect. We received spinach tortillas instead of plain flour, jalapeños outside the burrito instead of inside, refried beans instead of black beans, and the flour tortillas on the side might as well have been crackers. When we asked for new tortillas, our server took at least 10 minutes to bring them out and never offered to refill our water. Also, the avocado still had the stickers on it and we received only 4 tiny shrimp on the diablo plate. Besides these mix-ups, however, the food was tasty and filling.

When it was time to pay, they messed up splitting our bill. When we asked them to correct the problem they took them back up front and added a $9 shot of tequila (we ordered a shot to enhance the extremely weak $6.50 house margarita). The server never mentioned it when we ordered, and when the manager finally came to our table to address our concerns, he was incredibly condescending, dismissive and rude about the entire thing. Needless to say, we will never return to this restaurant. Without new coming tourists like ourselves, I doubt this business would survive.