“Alright”

Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 1 August 2012

The Tripadvisor ratings are accurate when it comes to this restaurant. My husband thought it was awful, but I didn't think it was that bad. Service was very good, we were seated promptly at our reservation time, and the surroundings are nice. There are tables outside, but none were available when we arrived. I thought the prices were reasonable.
The food left a little to be desired. We were served a big portion of warm garlic bread, but it was the kind you might buy in the freezer section at the grocery store. The salad that came with our entrees was huge, but the dressing wasn't that great; it was topped with sliced black olives and the type of Parmesan that comes in the green can. I liked my polenta, but the sauce on top was overpowering. My husband thought the food tasted like it had been frozen and just heated up. Alright, but nothing special.

1  Thank IlliniTrav
Write a ReviewReviews (1,095)

Reviewed 31 July 2012

We had visited Rocky Mountain National Park all day, so were hungry and tired. We grabbed the first restaurant that did not have a wait. What a delightful find. The setting was romantic & upscale (yet not horribly overpriced), no annoying "bar room" tv's everywhere. We ate inside but there was live music for those eating on the wrap around patio. We had 7 in our party and they got the food out in a decent time, especially considering the crowd (we ate around 7pm on a Saturday). We did feel we had to wait a bit on drink refills, but that could have been more reflective on being so hungry and thirsty. A wonderful experience all-in-all!

1  Thank 2plusthecrew
Reviewed 31 July 2012

We ate here during our visit last year and liked it so much, it was first on our dinner list this year. Great selection of food, very reasonable prices ($5 for a glass of the house merot), great service. Meals are not a la carte, like a lot of places, they come with a great house salad and garlic bread so good you will be asking for more!

1  Thank John S
Reviewed 30 July 2012

We'd been craving Italian all day, and the lovely outdoor dining offered by Mama Rose's sucked us in. I had been expecting run-of-the-mill Italian flavors, but was surprised by the menu offerings. My husband ordered the "Mama's Special" (I think it was called) which featured a number of courses accompanied by generous wine flights including: fry bread & honey, salad, spaghetti with meat sauce, and spumoni with Frangelico. I ordered confetti pasta with shredded zucchini in place of the pasta. All very, very delicious and our bill was under $50 for the two of us. The view is lovely, the service is excellent, and the food will not disappoint you after a day of hiking. Enjoy!

1  Thank WITraveller251
Reviewed 30 July 2012

This is a family restaurant in a great location. Unfortunately, the food was awful. The service was also poor.

2  Thank Carlagc