“"Thick, Heavy, Good, but definitely not fast"”

Mama Rose's Restaurant
Ranked #28 of 136 Restaurants in Estes Park
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 26 May 2014

We stopped by Mama Rose's before another booked trip, and had a great time. Fun for a group to enjoy a meal, conversation, and a drink. Whatever you do, don't plan anything afterwards. We did have a little bit of an issue getting in and out fast, and the waiter sometimes left us hanging. We weren't disappointed, but just trying to 'get to the next thing on our list'. The food is good, but definitely heavy and 'full'. If you are looking for a light meal, this isn't it. It's very traditional Italian!!! Not disappointed, but it wasn't a 'feature meal' for me.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,095)

Reviewed 19 May 2014 via mobile

The service is always great. The environment is positive and elegant. I always have to choose between the shrimp scampi and the tri pasta. They made me love pesto again! Salad and bread right out and the food is excellent. Anyone who had an issue with any aspect of their visit should have spoken up because they will make it right.

Reviewed 8 May 2014 via mobile

Our innkeeper recommended this restaurant and I foolishly did not cross-check with any Internet sites.

My husband and I started the evening with what proved to be the highlight of the meal - fresh goat cheese balls rolled in sliced almonds and coated in honey which were accompanied by crispy pita toasts.

Our entrees came with a simple salad of iceberg lettuce, a couple of red onion rings, and a healthy measure of black olives liberally doused in Italian dressing and smothered in "shaker-quality" Parmesan cheese. We were also supplied with garlic bread that had the texture and flavor of croutons.

My entree was homestyle spaghetti with a ground beef-and-Italian sausage meat sauce, while my husband had chicken Parmesan. I would rate the entrees as fair, better than an average diner but probably less tasty than what can be found at a mid-scale Italian chain restaurant.

The service was friendly, however, and the restaurant was pleasant. Nevertheless we will seek other establishments for the remainder of our trip.

Reviewed 5 May 2014

Good wine selection, nice menu from which to select apps to entrees, and ask for Javier as he gave THE BEST service. When we were there Tuesday night was 1/2 off bottled wines. Very good deal. Lasagna or rigatoni two good choices. Salads are shared bowls and garlic bread very good.

Reviewed 4 May 2014

my husband and i got the portabella mushroom rav. they were amazing!!!! servers were awesome speedy clean very pretty will be going back!