“Try the yak burger!”

Ranked #23 of 128 Restaurants in Estes Park
Price range: US$10 - US$35
Cuisines: American, Bar
Good for: Groups, Kids, Bar Scene, Local cuisine, Child-friendly
Dining options: After-hours, Lunch, Dinner, Accepts American Express, Accepts Discover, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Off-Street Parking, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: A locals favorite, The Grubsteak serves thick, hand-cut steaks and fantastic burgers, your choice of beef, elk, yak, buffalo and more! Wild game and vegetarian options, too. Gluten free menu available. Wide selection of local beer, wine list and cocktails. Enjoy dining inside in one of our Old West dining rooms or outside on our covered patio. Open daily for lunch and dinner year-round. Please call ahead for winter hours.
Washington DC, District of Columbia
“Try the yak burger!”
Reviewed 22 August 2014 via mobile

Great spot for lunch, especially if you want something different. Definitely a burger spot with a twist. Of course there is beef, but why not try the bison, elk, lamb or yak options. I've eaten all of the above except yak and my server encouraged me to get it cowboy style, cooked medium. DELICIOUS! I had one of the two bistro tables out front and although it's not the most comfortable seating, it is great people watching.

Naperville, Illinois
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“burgers!”
Reviewed 19 August 2014

Nice that they offered a Gluten Free Menu. The burgers that we ad were fantastic after a long day of hiking & trail mix

Visited August 2014
Greeley,CO
“Great Customer Sevice”
Reviewed 19 August 2014

We were in Estes Park last week and after doing some shopping we decided to get something to eat for lunch. We had a table in the outdoor patio at the back of the restaurant. Not much of a view but a nice covered seating area that was good for the day--it was 85 degrees. We both had burgers and beer--they have a nice selection of micro-brews. My burger had bacon on it--when it arrived the bacon was not as crisp as I like. I let our waitress no and she said to give her a minute. She came back within just a few minutes with 5 pieces of crisp bacon on a plate--I only had 2 pieces when my order first arrived. I thought it was great that I didn't have to surrender my plate and then wonder what the cooks might do to it our of sight. Both of our burgers were good and I had a nice slice of cantaloupe with mine. I would definitely go back if I was hungry for a burger and beer.

• Visited August 2014
Kelso, Washington
“Something different”
Reviewed 17 August 2014

Wife and I came here for our anniversary dinner. We shared the shrimp cigars, was very, very good. Be careful on biting into them though, the cream cheese I think is boiling. The choice of beer was good, except the one my wife wanted they where out of. I always like to try something different so I ordered the Yak burger. Was pretty good, texture was different but all in all was pretty good. Wife had a beef burger and she liked it. One thing negative about this place is their French fries are horrible. They seem like they are cooked in old oil. This is a steak house, they should be serving steak fries. Substitute your fries for something else. Other than that I would eat here again....I think I would eat the Lamb burger next.

Visited August 2014
Seattle, WA
“Nice place for lunch”
Reviewed 15 August 2014

Our first choice for lunch had a long wait so we settled for Grubsteak. We were quickly seated out back under a tent at picnic table. Our food was ok, the beer selection was limited and expensive. Would probably choose a different place if we had to do it over again.

• Visited August 2014