“Our best meal in Estes Park”

Big Horn Restaurant
Ranked #20 of 137 Restaurants in Estes Park
Cuisines: American, Barbecue, Diner
Good for: Child-friendly
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Lunch
Reviewed 5 October 2013

We stayed in Estes Park for a week, hiking in Rocky Mountain National Park. Every evening we walked into town and ate at a different (generally low budget) restaurant. Big Horn was the most expensive place we ate at, and it also probably our best dinner.
The entrees at Big Horn come with an All-You-Can-Eat-Soup-And-Salad bar. My wife didn't want any soup or salad, so she asked if they would knock a couple of bucks off of the price of her entrée if she skipped their salad bar. They said yes.
We paid $32.96 for a Fish-n-Chips meal and a Chicken Parmesan meal (with salad bar) for me. We also ordered soft drinks - the waiter constantly refilled our glasses so we had plenty to drink. I enjoyed both their salad bar and the clam chowder soup. I went back for seconds of the soup.
The meal was really delicious and filling after a long day of hiking. The service was excellent. We stayed at the Murphy's River Lodge, so the location of this restaurant was ideal.
I will post pictures of our filling dinners.
I would eat here again, if I ever returned to Estes Park

Write a ReviewReviews (1,152)

Reviewed 2 October 2013

We had a very poor meal at this restaurant, expected fresh fish, got frozen which was overdone and the fries were tasteless and non description. Decor was dull and bland and the whole place could do with cleaning and redecorating. It's only redeeming feature was the waiter Tim who was pleasant and efficient. We can't recommend this restaurant at all, it is awful.

Reviewed 26 September 2013

I have been visiting this restraint since 1988.
The food is great.
Never Had a bad meal or experience.
They are the best for breakfast ANYWHERE.
The Huevos Rancheros are the BEST! in all 50 States.

Bev & Lucky LaFaro Weedsport, NY

Reviewed 21 September 2013

Excellent food, service, atmosphere. We have passed this one many times in our travels to Estes, finally tried it and was very good.

2  Thank dw6825
Reviewed 18 September 2013

What an awful place!

We chose to have dinner. Fish and chips for him, and Ribs for me - both meals were extremely disappointing. Expected 'fresh' fish but frozen and out of a packet. The ribs must have been cooked several days before hand and then just a luke warm BBQ sauce drizzled over the top.

The place need a damn good clean too. Ok the locals may eat there and I dare say that there breakfasts may be HUGE but that doesn't excuse not keeping the place clean and tidy. Do they have environmental health officers checking out restaurants in the USA? If so, then they ought to visit this place.