“Great mountain breakfast !” 5 of 5 bubbles

Big Horn Restaurant
Ranked #17 of 129 Restaurants in Estes Park
Cuisines: American, Diner, Soups
Good for: Local cuisine, Groups, Cheap Eats, Kids, Child-friendly
Dining options: Dinner, Brunch, Breakfast, Lunch, Highchairs Available, Parking Available, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
louisiana
“Great mountain breakfast !”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 October 2013

We had been told by the people at our condo to eat breakfast here. When we pulled up we remembered that we had eaten here on a previous stay 3 yrs ago. It was still just as good as we remembered. We had, pecan waffle, eggs, biscuits, ham, chicken fried steak w gravy, hash browns . I think that covered everything that the 4 of us had. My pecan waffle was crispy just how I like it. Everyone enjoyed their choices, coffee was good too. Definitely a place to make a return visit !

• Visited October 2013
    • 5 of 5 bubbles

“Popular home town restaurant”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 October 2013

I was hungry for pulled pork BBQ and the Big Horn Restaurant was a good choice. There was so much lean pork on my sandwich that I saved part of it for another meal.

The service was good. It is on the way into Rocky Mountain National Park from Estes Park, so it is convenient, no matter what time of day. It has been consistently good over the years.

• 3 of 5 bubbles
Seattle, Washington
“Our best meal in Estes Park”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 October 2013

We stayed in Estes Park for a week, hiking in Rocky Mountain National Park. Every evening we walked into town and ate at a different (generally low budget) restaurant. Big Horn was the most expensive place we ate at, and it also probably our best dinner.
The entrees at Big Horn come with an All-You-Can-Eat-Soup-And-Salad bar. My wife didn't want any soup or salad, so she asked if they would knock a couple of bucks off of the price of her entrée if she skipped their salad bar. They said yes.
We paid $32.96 for a Fish-n-Chips meal and a Chicken Parmesan meal (with salad bar) for me. We also ordered soft drinks - the waiter constantly refilled our glasses so we had plenty to drink. I enjoyed both their salad bar and the clam chowder soup. I went back for seconds of the soup.
The meal was really delicious and filling after a long day of hiking. The service was excellent. We stayed at the Murphy's River Lodge, so the location of this restaurant was ideal.
I will post pictures of our filling dinners.
I would eat here again, if I ever returned to Estes Park

Visited September 2013
Wirral, United Kingdom
“Mediocre at best, eat elsewhere”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 October 2013

We had a very poor meal at this restaurant, expected fresh fish, got frozen which was overdone and the fries were tasteless and non description. Decor was dull and bland and the whole place could do with cleaning and redecorating. It's only redeeming feature was the waiter Tim who was pleasant and efficient. We can't recommend this restaurant at all, it is awful.

• 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
Weedsport, New York
“Great Food The best Huevos Rancheros in 50 states”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 September 2013

I have been visiting this restraint since 1988.
The food is great.
Never Had a bad meal or experience.
They are the best for breakfast ANYWHERE.
The Huevos Rancheros are the BEST! in all 50 States.

Bev & Lucky LaFaro Weedsport, NY