“Terrible service”

Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Lunch
Billings, Montana
“Terrible service”
Reviewed 10 November 2013 via mobile

I stopped into the restaurant for an early lunch after hiking in the park. I ordered the soup and salad bar. There wasn't much to the salad bar and one type of soup. My real issue was that I came back to my table after getting my food, and the bus boy had cleared everything. My coffee, water, and magazines I was reading... all gone. The waitress to brought me replacements; and my bill at the same time. I never saw her again. Not even for a coffee refill. Another couple had waited at least 25 minutes for their food. Not worth the time or money.

Davie, Florida
“Something for everyone”
Reviewed 3 November 2013

I ate here twice during my stay in Estes Park. The food is fresh and tasty. For dinner there is a salad bar with basic salad items. All were fresh but the selection was limited. There is also hot soup at the salad bar which was delicious both nights. We had country fried steak with smashed red potatoes which was great. Also, we tried the BBQ platter with brisket and pulled pork. Both were served smothered in sauce, which was way too much sauce for my taste. The fried chicken looked real good. I will be back to Big Horn Restaurant when I return to beautiful Estes Park.

• Visited October 2013
Palm Harbor, Florida
“Breakfast”
Reviewed 24 October 2013

Wonderful breakfasts resonable priced. We went there twice and the second time the waitress recognized us immediately. Service was personal and prompt and delightful.

Visited October 2013
Aurora, Colorado
“Come hungry”
Reviewed 21 October 2013

My wife had a milkshake that was a work of art. She and our frien had the fish and chips. Not greasy and very tasty. The fish portions were generous. I had the hot beef sandwish, a huge portion. The meat and gravy were excellent. The ice tea tased like tea. The waiter looked like he fell asleep in the sun and he said he had. He was pleasant and very competent. We ordered what he recommended and were very pleased.

• Visited October 2013
Estes Park, Colorado
“A good "locals" choose for a meal”
Reviewed 18 October 2013

Of the many choices for meals in Estes Park, the Big Horn is always a dependable home cooked meal. Especially good for breakfast, they have a good menu for lunch and dinner also. My favorite is the chicken fried steak. During the summer there is frequently a wait, depending on your timing. Located at the west end of Elkhorn Avenue in Estes Park, it is an easy stop on the way in or out of Rocky Mountain National Park.

• Visited August 2013