“Delicious!!”

Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Breakfast
Highlands Ranch, Colorado
“Delicious!!”
Reviewed 23 December 2013

Excellent food, diversified menu and great staff! I had blueberry and pecan waffles… (waffles and pancakes are a specialty). The owner is on site, with 'locals' and repeat customers. There is a clear familiarity in kindness and happiness in this family owned restaurant. Definitely a must when you visit Estes Park! It's directly west of the really amazing custom glass blowing business.

Visited December 2013
1 Thank Andrea M

Fort Collins
“Very good for a tourist town!”
Reviewed 26 November 2013

On the west end of town and out of the parking contest is the Big Horn. Their lunch was surprisingly good for a tourist town! The service was friendly and efficient and the soup/salad bar addition to the entre really rounded things out.

They advertise their Bar-B-Que as home smoked. It was and the ribs were fall off the bones tender. For my taste, the sauce should have been on the side (or deleted as one wants) rather than over what was already very tasty.

• Visited November 2013
1 Thank UncleDon41
Denver, Colorado
“Best breakfast I've had in a long time”
Reviewed 21 November 2013

I love the homey friendly atmosphere. Their breakfast was touted by many reviewers as the best in Estes Park. We had a lovely breakfast on the first morning, and there were several items I wanted to try also, so we went there for breakfast on the second, and third mornings we were there. The Pecan Waffles with blueberries were amazing. Staff is efficient and friendly, and seemed real, and not at all forced friendly that you find at many chains. The place is clean and very cozy.

Visited November 2013
Buffalo Junction, Virginia
“Very good Breakfast”
Reviewed 19 November 2013

this restaurant was the other side to town from where we were staying but drove through town to get their breakfast every morning.

Great breakfast but can not comment on the other meals of the day.

• Visited August 2013
Billings, Montana
“Terrible service”
Reviewed 10 November 2013 via mobile

I stopped into the restaurant for an early lunch after hiking in the park. I ordered the soup and salad bar. There wasn't much to the salad bar and one type of soup. My real issue was that I came back to my table after getting my food, and the bus boy had cleared everything. My coffee, water, and magazines I was reading... all gone. The waitress to brought me replacements; and my bill at the same time. I never saw her again. Not even for a coffee refill. Another couple had waited at least 25 minutes for their food. Not worth the time or money.

Been to Big Horn Restaurant? Share your experiences!