“Great food and service.”
Review of Sundeck Restaurant - CLOSED

Sundeck Restaurant
Cuisines: American
Good for: Child-friendly
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Breakfast, Reservations
Austin, Texas
“Great food and service.”
Reviewed 5 August 2014

The food was delicious and the staff was very friendly. The prices were a little high for a family on a budget.

Visited July 2014

“"Best lunch in Estes Park"”
Reviewed 4 August 2014 via mobile

My family and I recently visited Estes Park, and were so pleased to find Sundeck. The food was, hands-down, some of the best we had during our stay.

Our waiter, Hogan, was friendly and attentive. He even checked with me twice to see that he had placed my wine order correctly (there were two quite similar on the menu). He gave us good information about the town & even told us a little about himself.

As far as the food: The Pecan Smoked Trout was a favorite appetizer (pleasing even my picky 9-year-old). My mother & I had the Chicken Tortilla soup, which was chock-full of chicken & veggies. And my teen-age daughter loved the fried chicken.

We were under a time crunch & needed to leave for an appointment. Not a problem for the staff of Sundeck. We received our bill and to-go boxes quickly, and the staff even split our check, when requested, with no problem. The owner even offered and took a family photo for us, on the way out.

All of that - in under an hour. Kudos, Sundeck! You made our day!!

Potomac, MD
“highly overrated!!!”
Reviewed 28 July 2014

We asked around town for recommendations about where to find good trout. Sundeck was recommended to off we went. We were very disappointed. The trout was not prepared well (served swimming in some liquid) and not filleted well at all. For a restaurant that specialized in trout this was substandard. Our service was spotty. Overall, we found this restaurant to be overrated, but maybe this the best Estes Park has to offer. We weren't impressed.

• Visited July 2014
Mahomet, Illinois
“Dinner with family”
Reviewed 26 July 2014

I enjoyed the grilled trout and dinner salad. The salad was very good and the trout was fresh! The children with us ordered from the kid's menu and all their entrees came with fresh fruit, which they really enjoyed. My husband was not as thrilled with his steak. But my daughter enjoyed her cod. I would go back here again if I came back to the area.

• Visited July 2014
Ossining, New York
“Great trout”
Reviewed 26 July 2014

We drove past this place and saw the sign mentioning fresh trout, and trout we had!
And it was as fresh and delicious as advertised.
The restaurant was quite full at an early hour, which suggests it being popular, and for a good reason. They offer trout prepared several different ways; I'm not sure which one we had but I do remember it was the best trout I ever had.
We also had the chocolate lava cake for dessert, and it was awesome. So awesome that it almost overshadowed the trout..

• Visited June 2014