“all of it was fresh”

Cuisines: American
Good for: Child-friendly
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed 8 August 2014

You know, when you eat in a restaurant at the crossroads of a town at the entrance of a national park, you don't have high expectations: actually, you expect the food to be a little ratty. This wasn't like that at all -- we were very pleasantly surprised. I got a salad plate, and all of it was fresh and crisp; one of us had the mushrooms (the "cultured mushrooms") and another of us had the chile rellenos, all of which were much, much better than you'd expect in a tourist restaurant. The french fries and the pie weren't quite up to the standard of everything else -- the fries could have used another minute in the deep fryer -- but they were pretty good, too. Oh, and the service was friendly. I'd go back.

There are newer reviews for Sundeck Restaurant

Reviewed 5 August 2014 via mobile

Came here to enjoy some trout and we certainly did! We ordered the special which was trout cooked with butter and yummy seasonings with crunchy sliced almonds, steamed vegetables and fresh tasting rolls. The trout was fillet at our table as the waitress did an excellent job at taking the bones out. Melt in your mouth goodness for sure! Also had their avocado dip which had a really good flavor for an appetizer.

Reviewed 5 August 2014

The food was delicious and the staff was very friendly. The prices were a little high for a family on a budget.

Reviewed 4 August 2014 via mobile

My family and I recently visited Estes Park, and were so pleased to find Sundeck. The food was, hands-down, some of the best we had during our stay.

Our waiter, Hogan, was friendly and attentive. He even checked with me twice to see that he had placed my wine order correctly (there were two quite similar on the menu). He gave us good information about the town & even told us a little about himself.

As far as the food: The Pecan Smoked Trout was a favorite appetizer (pleasing even my picky 9-year-old). My mother & I had the Chicken Tortilla soup, which was chock-full of chicken & veggies. And my teen-age daughter loved the fried chicken.

We were under a time crunch & needed to leave for an appointment. Not a problem for the staff of Sundeck. We received our bill and to-go boxes quickly, and the staff even split our check, when requested, with no problem. The owner even offered and took a family photo for us, on the way out.

All of that - in under an hour. Kudos, Sundeck! You made our day!!

Reviewed 28 July 2014

We asked around town for recommendations about where to find good trout. Sundeck was recommended to off we went. We were very disappointed. The trout was not prepared well (served swimming in some liquid) and not filleted well at all. For a restaurant that specialized in trout this was substandard. Our service was spotty. Overall, we found this restaurant to be overrated, but maybe this the best Estes Park has to offer. We weren't impressed.