“I won't go back”
Review of The Other Side

The Other Side
Ranked #28 of 142 Restaurants in Estes Park
Price range: US$8 - US$25
Good for: Business meetings, View, Child-friendly, Groups, Local cuisine, Special Occasion Dining, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Breakfast, Buffet, Reservations, Takeout
Description: Nestled by the Big Thompson River near the entrance to Rocky Mountain National Park, The Other Side Restaurant invites you to enjoy traditional all-American cuisine for breakfast, lunch and dinner: choice steaks, prime rib, lobster, crab, pasta, salads and daily Chef's Specials.
Reviewed 28 June 2018 via mobile

My husband and I went there for lunch after a morning of hiking. The hostess while not friendly was polite. We had been in Estes Park/RMNP for 3 days before we got the dreaded "you don't belong here" look. We waited for about 5 minutes before the hostess came back with a pitcher of water with pieces of something floating in it. A waiter shows up and asks if he can help us with something. How about asking if I want a drink?(I didn't actually say it but I remained polite). My husband wants to leave at this point but I'm stubborn and am determined to make him ask me to leave if I'm not welcome. I ask him if he would bring me a coke and he actually ask "just regular coke, not diet?" Now I'm not a bean pole but I'm far from fat.
My husband ask if he could bring some clean water and he takes the pitcher and doesn't bring it back until we're half way through eating. I will say that I had the Turkey Avacado sandwich and it wasn't half bad. My husband had a burger that should've been well done but was more like medium rare. He also asked for mayo and it was dry. He asked the waiter to bring mayo and he shows up with dirty packets after about 10 minutes when DH had given up & just put ketchup on the burger.
We should have just left but my point is if you don't want to serve blacks just say it. This was our first visit to RMNP and I will be back but stubborn or not they won't get another dime of mine.

2  Thank gibson405

Reviewed 26 June 2018 via mobile

1:30 pm. Estes Park. Hungry and tired. With all the craziness downtown, we found this fantastic place on the outskirts of town. Beautiful setting looking over a pond toward the mountains. Something for everyone from the kids to mom and dad. Servicer was polite. Food was great. Reasonably priced (for Estes Park) — the two burgers (one elk and one buffalo) and a rainbow trout — soda — $50.

Reviewed 24 June 2018

A family group of 7 ate here on Father's Day, so we had to wait to get a table (since we were traveling, we'd forgotten what day it was). But the food was worth it. The younger, less-adventurous eaters ordered off the children's menu, and the rest of us tried everything from rainbow trout to elk burger. Everything was delicious.

Reviewed 24 June 2018

The staff was very nice but unfortunately the food was awful, as were the drinks. Can't recommend this place. :(

1  Thank EPgal2016
Reviewed 13 June 2018

We went to The Other Side after a hike in RMNP. It was a perfect place for my hard to please family with varying dietary needs and tastes. We enjoyed the fact that parking was easy and the service was fast. We went between the lunch and dinner hours.