“Best Restaurant in Estes Park!!”
Review of The Other Side

The Other Side
Ranked #21 of 135 Restaurants in Estes Park
Price range: US$8 - US$25
Good for: Local cuisine, Groups, Special Occasion Dining, Romantic, Business meetings, View, Child-friendly
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Lunch, Buffet, Reservations, Takeout
Description: Nestled by the Big Thompson River near the entrance to Rocky Mountain National Park, The Other Side Restaurant invites you to enjoy traditional all-American cuisine for breakfast, lunch and dinner: choice steaks, prime rib, lobster, crab, pasta, salads and daily Chef's Specials.
Seattle, Washington
“Best Restaurant in Estes Park!!”
Reviewed 16 September 2010

My husband and I ate at the Otherside because of several recommendations! We ate downstairs by the the lake, and it was beautiful!! So much fun to watch and feed the ducks. Our server was great, and looking around I could tell the rest of the servers were just as professional and personable!! She made several suggestions, and was sure to mention that they had a new chef, and to take notice of the specials!! I really appreciated that she cared about our experience. The food was fantastic, colorful, hot, and looked fabulous on the plate. The entire experience was fantastic. You can definitely tell the owners know what they are doing!! We will definitely be back, when we visit Estes again!!

• Finnish first
Dallas, Texas
“Mediocre, you probably can do better than this.”
Reviewed 5 August 2010

Got the salmon salad for lunch. ("Blackened" salmon? Cannot remember, but it wasn't the smoked salmon one.) Salmon was dry and surprisingly bland given all the apparent spice use. Subbed sweet potato fries for the cole slaw. The fries were almost as large as steak fries and were uncooked on the center, having a raw taste and texture of al dente cooked carrots. Under the salmon was a sea of cut lettuce and two tomato slices. Not sure what the point was with this. I wasn't offered a dressing, and it had no dressing, so was it for decoration? I finally asked for ranch dressing.

The bread was good.

The other person at the table got the chicken strips and thought it was a good meal.

Service seemed slow. Others who arrived right after us got served before us. Not sure what's so time-consuming about blackened salmon and chicken strips.

Most of the restaurant overlooks a moderately-sized duck pond.

2 Thank IHatePseudonyms
Estes Park, Colorado
“Can't Believe What I Saw”
Reviewed 4 August 2010

Ordered coffee and a piece of pie. Seated next to kitchen. Watched our waitress walk into kitchen, open pie box, pick up a piece with her fingers, put it on a plate, a piece broke off, she ate it, licked her fingers, then adjusted the piece of pie on our plate, licked her fingers again. Then returned to deliver the pie. I told her that I watched her pick up the pie with her fingers and she said " but I washed my hands". (which she didn't because I happened to be watching). So of course we refused the pie. OK, this may happen all the time, but KNOWING it happened and watching it happen is just plain gross, unappealing, unsanitary, probably a health code violation, negligent, and a good reason to NEVER eat here.

6 Thank StuDad58
Charlottesville, Virginia
“Horrible Service”
Reviewed 20 July 2010

I can't comment on the food because the service was so terrible we walked out. We sat at our table for 15 minutes with no water and no contact from our server. Once she arrived, she had a very in-your-face personality and was in such a rush she didn't have time to answer questions about the menu. We tried to give the restaurant a chance by ordering drinks, but after another 10 minutes of waiting we left. Looking around, very few patrons had food so leaving was probably the best option.

2 Thank Akargus
Denver, Colorado
“great place for brunch”
Reviewed 14 June 2010

This olace has fantastic service and food!! We stop here every visit to Estes Park. They have never let us down.

1 Thank jmark40