“Sweet Basilico-very good”

Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, After-hours, Reservations, Takeout
Arvada, Colorado, United States
“Sweet Basilico-very good”
Reviewed 22 January 2014

we were in Estes Park for the weekend, hungry for Italian and we went to Sweet Basilico and was impressed with their food, their friendliness, their service. All very good. I would recommend. They also had a duo that played acoustic and that too was so pleasant!

• Visited January 2014

Port Saint Joe, Florida
“Chef Raul is the best”
Reviewed 4 January 2014

Sweet Basilico's is a very good Italian food restaurant. Simple atmosphere with a large menu and great flavors. Service was good and will definitely visit again

Visited July 2013
Estes Park, Colorado
“Wonderful evening!”
Reviewed 7 December 2013 via mobile

What a fun place to eat & relax! Had a great dinner, nice glass of wine... & they had a duo singing/playing guitar too! Prices quite reasonable (my Italian Sangiovese red wine was less than $8 per glass!!). The staff was friendly & attentive. The owner, Raul, seated me & then later, came by to say hello - nice touch. Will definitely eat here again!

Visited December 2013
Albuquerque, New Mexico
“Very good Italian in tiny Estes Park”
Reviewed 19 November 2013

Estes Park is a wonderful small town and they have a wonderful Italian restaurant that bridges the divide between a small Colorado mountain town and Italian food. My wife and I ate at Sweet Basilico twice in early November and we enjoyed both meals very much. The veal parmesan was absolutely great! Other dishes were very good, but not quite up to the veal dish. Their bread and dinner salads were also very good. The wine selection was modest but perfectly adequate and not overpriced. Actually, the prices were quite good all around.

Why didn't I give it a 5 rating? Both my wife and I thought there was a touch too much salt in their sauce. It wasn't enough to make the sauce unappetizing, but if I could have magically removed some of the salt then I think the meal would have been just a little bit better.

The next time I'm in Estes Park I will most definitely have at least one meal at Sweet Basilico…the salt issue isn't nearly enough to keep me away from their wonderful restaurant.

• Visited November 2013
1 Thank SteveABQ
Wichita Falls, Texas
“Great family owned slice of Italy”
Reviewed 6 November 2013

This Italian restaurant happened to be just down the road from where we were staying. It was a cold and rainy night but the place was busy. Atmosphere was nice with candles on each table. My wife had a spicy pasta dish and I had the veal. The portions were huge and the food was delicious! Friendly staff and the price was reasonable. We will be back next time we are in Estes Park.

• Visited October 2013