“Surprisingly good”

Ranked #35 of 131 Restaurants in Estes Park
Price range: US$5 - US$30
Cuisines: American, Italian
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, Reservations
Description: The Trailhead Restaurant can be entered from the gift shop. At the Trailhead you may enjoy breakfast, lunch or dinner and beverages, including regionally brewed and national brand beers, served from our Old West log bar. The experience of the Trailhead will be unforgettable as you dine surrounded by a panorama of towering mountains and the nearby seductive high peaks and forests of Rocky Mountain National Park.For those wanting a truly remarkable dining experience, try a meal on our expansive log and stone pillar open-air deck. From your table you will be treated to a magnificent view of mountains soaring above Fall River as it winds past forests, meadows and grazing wildlife. To the east you will see Fall River Valley bordered by mountains. To the west are majestic high peaks with a glimpse of Trail Ridge Road, leading to the Continental Divide and all that awaits you ahead in the Park, including the region’s highest mountain: Long’s Peak.While enjoying your meal or drink, have a park meal prepared, packed and ready-to-go when you are. Or, if a visit to our restaurant is not possible, you may simply want to take snacks, coffee, or other beverages and one of our packaged lunches with you. Don’t forget dessert!
Greensboro, Georgia
“Surprisingly good”
Reviewed 19 August 2014

We really hadn't expected such a nice experience when we decided to eat at this restaurant to avoid the crowds in downtown Estes Park. It was not crowded when we arrived for dinner, so we were seated immediately. We both ordered the trout which was very good. One reviewer mentioned that the vegetables must be frozen, and I imagine they are, but I'd love to know how they were prepared. We were served so much food that we couldn't finish our meals. So glad we chose this reasonably priced restaurant!

Visited July 2014
2 Thank Frances M

Garrettsville, Ohio, United States
“What a view!”
Reviewed 8 August 2014 via mobile

We stopped for lunch on our way out of RMNP. We were able to sit on the deck & enjoy the incredible views. The lunch menu had enough selections and they were very accommodating when I wanted to change a wrap to suit my pickiness. Excellent service and a good lunch for the money.

1 Thank footballwrestlingmom
Phoenix, Arizona
“Nice location with good food”
Reviewed 4 August 2014

We went twice, for dinner and for lunch. For dinner we had excellent, rapid service. The food was very good with an adequately sized menu. Their signature elk stew was very good. For lunch, however, it was more crowded and we had a very long wait for our food to arrive. However, it was excellent when it did. For those who are interested, it is attached to a large gift shop.

Visited July 2014
1 Thank Lzrdoc
Nashville, Tennessee
“Mountain marvel times two”
Reviewed 26 July 2014

So I went here because it sounded like the kind of place you eat at when in the mountains. It was definitely that, but oh so much more. Before I even tried to get a table I had all my souvenir shopping done, some Christmas and some personal too. Very large retail section with all sorts of stuff to get you what you think you need.

When I actually did get to the restaurant, I was greeted with genuine smiles and a fun atmosphere. Service was excellent and the manager was busy, attentive and caring ( he stopped to check on me twice ). My food was fantastic and fun stuff I would never order at home. The names of the dishes were gamey, but the food certainly was not. And the people were great. Literally everyone we met was smiling helpful and genuine! You will enjoy your time here. DO IT!

1 Thank Derrick T
Lawrence, Kansas
“Not very fresh food”
Reviewed 18 July 2014

Our cabin lodge recommended this location to eat at and we were disappointed with it. Ordered chips/salsa and I am certain it was bagged chips and Old El Paso salsa out of a jar. The vegetables with our meal were certainly frozen vegetables/not fresh.