“Saddle and Surrey”

Ranked #13 of 29 Hotels in Estes Park
Macon, Illinois
“Saddle and Surrey”
Reviewed 27 July 2014

Big, clean room, comfortable bed, convenient, quiet and safe location. Just a short drive to Rocky Mountain National Park and to all sites in Estes Park. The owners are very helpful and knowledgeable about the area. We visit RMNP from time to time and will definitely stay at the Saddle and Surrey on future visits.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (52)
Davenport, Iowa
Reviewed 26 July 2014

We stayed here two nights. Very welcoming, friendly owners and workers. Comfortable king size bed. Microwave and mini fridge in room. Very small, but very clean, shower. One of the cleanest places we have ever stayed. Nice pool and hot tub. Grills and picnic tables. Swing set. Free continental breakfast (coffee, tea, muffins, oatmeal, pastries) in the morning in the office. Paper available to read during breakfast. Our room had a loveseat, desk, dresser, and small closet. Lots of room to relax. Close to town. Great pillows. Shampoo and soap provided. Benches outside of rooms. We relaxed here after a day of hiking in Rocky Mountain National Park. Bike path is across highway. Ample parking spaces. Would definitely stay here again:).

1 Thank TravelPlayEat
Pueblo, Colorado
Reviewed 23 July 2014

Had to travel to Steamboat Springs for Sales Meeting and took my wife. This was a last minute trip change and we decided to travel through Rocky Mtn National Park and stay in Estes Park to check out the area. I found it hard to get a room at the chain hotels I usually stay in when I travel for business. Reading TA I found the Saddle & Surrey interesting and thought I would call on the same day as our arrival day... expecting them to be full. I spoke to the heavily accented owner who was more than accommodating. We booked #2, a King room with a flat screen TV, closet, small bathroom with shower (I mean small). Upon checking in the wife escorted us to our room and showed us how to operate the AC. The room was very clean with none of those odors you sometimes have in small Mom and Pop places. Even though we were next to a highway I found that the room was comfortable and quiet. Check out was at 10 and that worked well with our schedule. This is going to be a place we will stay at in the future.

Room Tip: The pool closes at 9PM and there is a small fridge in the room.
1 Thank HungryTraveler13
Kansas City, Kansas
Reviewed 19 July 2014

Just wanted to Thank the folks at the Saddle & Surrey. we so enjoyed our stay at your place. It was homey and clean .While relaxing Pool side we got to watch a Bald Eagle I just loved it there! Can't wait to come back !! Tom and Susan S.

Room Tip: Homey and comfortable.
Deport, Texas
Reviewed 12 July 2014 via mobile

My husband and I stayed here before hiking in Rocky Mountain National Park. The staff was very friendly and professional. The room was so fresh and clean! Very close attention had been paid to every detail! The room we stayed I had a full kitchen that was very clean. The beds were very comfy and the pillows were great! We will be back!

Stayed July 2014
1 Thank Kelly C
Reviewed 8 July 2014

This is a great "ma and pa" motel in Estes Park. My family was first greeted by the owner who was very friendly and offered to show the room. Room 18 was a suite style room which had more area than a normal chain hotel room. It is an older motel, however it is fixed up nicely and clean as a whistle. The outside of the motel represents the inside, because it is clean and updated as well. I highly recommend this motel to anyone looking for an affordable, clean, and comfortable place to stay in Estes. I will not hesitate to stay at the Saddle and Surrey for my next stay in Estes.

• Stayed July 2014
1 Thank Clint A
Manhattan
Reviewed 29 June 2014

We just spent two nights at this motel on the outskirts of Estes Park. It is a very nice clean motel. The owners are very friendly and helpful. We have stayed here before and I am sure we will again. Estes Park is one of our favorite spots for relaxing and enjoying Colorado.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple