“Enjoyable”

Ranked #11 of 20 Estes Park B&B and Inns
Laramie, Wyoming
“Enjoyable”
Reviewed 31 August 2012

We stayed three nights. The managers and employees were very nice and helpful. No problems with having our dog stay with us. Having a propane grill on the deck was very handy. It rained some each day; but having a covered deck made it enjoyable to sit and watch the rain. We found the stay enjoyable!

The only problem we had was that for us the bed was too hard. Being used to a Sleep Number Bed, however, it is difficult to go back to a standard bed. We were both glad we brought our memory foam pillows though.

• Stayed August 2012, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (45)
Corning, Iowa
Reviewed 12 August 2012

My fiance and I staying at The Inn on Fall River for 3 nights and it was wonderful! This was our first trip to Estes Park so we were very excited to be there. We could hear the river at all times and ate breakfast on our patio every morning overlooking the river. Very clean and neat place. Staff was very friendly and gave good advice for places to eat, what to do, etc. High recommend this lodging, you won't be disappointed!

• Stayed July 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank SmallTownIowa47
Kansas City, Kansas
Reviewed 5 July 2012

We just spent three of the most amazing nights at the Inn. There was the river right outside our patio (opened the screen and listened to it all night!) and an adorable chipmunk that visited every morning for peanuts! Room was clean and quite spacious... We loved having enough room to spread out a little. There were even robes in the closet ready to be lounged in :) Just lovely.... made for a perfect vacation!

• Stayed July 2012, travelled as a couple
Denver, Colorado, United States
Reviewed 29 May 2012

I was invited up to spend memorial day weekend with my fiance's family; however, bring up my dog was an issue I was trying to address. My fiance's family had reserved 2 rooms. My fiance was already up there before I drove up and she had confirmed that dogs were allowed. The morning after I arrived, we were all outside (including my dog) getting organized to head up to Rocky Mountain National Park, and the owner comes over and doesn't even say hello, just rudely (almost in a yelling fashion) asks if this is my dog. I said yes he is my dog. Then she began complaining about how she chewed out her neighbor about the issue thinking my dog was his dog. Then she blamed me for ruining her morning. And said it was my fault that I did not register my dog at the front desk. Even though when my fiance asked, no one explained that there was a dog registration, and fee. I was very apologetic and went to pay the fee in the front office immediately. $25 was the fee by the way (not bad). Moving on, due to the pet restrictions in RMNP, I left my dog in our room. He is 5 and well behaved and caused no damage to the room. Upon our return from our hike, we realized that we had been locked out of our room. So I ran up to the front desk to get an extra key, and the owner just looked at me with disgust on her face and remarked in a hostile manner, "I thought we had an understanding!" Perplexed by her comment; I said, "I am sorry, I don't understand?" She then said that my dog was not allowed in that room and that I owed her $100 for a pet cleaning fee. Long story short, it turned into an incredible yelling match and her giving a sob story about how they are a small family owned operation and people like me just try to take advantage of situations like this. Also, she said my entire party "assumed" way too much and that we should have been more in tune to their policies and whatnot...

Basically, the situation could have been handled more professionally, rather than accusing and being rude to one of her clients and backing the customer into a corner to the point where the situation escalated into a confrontation.

My advice, although it is a nice compound, I firmly believe that customer service should be a number one priority in the lodging business, and I would be willing to bet that you will be able to find a comparable place without having to deal with disgruntled, and unprofessional owners.

Again, this was my experience and is solely my opinion, and it is soured by this incident.

I would never go back to the Inn on Fall River....

• Stayed May 2012, travelled with family
8 Thank Eric G
PaulainEP, Manager at Inn on Fall River, responded to this review, 8 June 2012
Your review gives me the perfect chance to share our “Pet Policy”!

Most guests who travel with pets realize that you cannot just show up and presume you are guaranteed a pet friendly room/cabin.

We allow pets on property when registered at time of reservation or check in. We only allow pets in certain units and we do charge a one-time, non-refundable fee for your four legged friend to enjoy the Inn on Fall River as well.

Please see our full pet policy that you signed and dated

Mature, well-mannered dogs accustomed to being away from home and accompanied by well-trained owners are welcome.

Dogs and their owners must heed these policies:

Never leave your dog alone in your room/cabin.
Always leash your dog when outside.

When elk, deer, big horn sheep or other wildlife are in the area,
dogs must be inside.
No barking, howling or whining is allowed at any time.

Dogs must take their “exercise” away from the buildings.
Owners must clean up after their dog.

Dogs must bring their own dishes for food and water.
Dogs who like to lie on the furniture must bring their own.

Dogs must be registered at check-in.

My dog is a mature, well-trained, reliable, house-broken companion. I agree to the above policies. I will be financially responsible for any damage done by my dog, or extra cleaning necessary because of my dog.

Signed___________________ Date______________________
Paragould
Reviewed 26 May 2012

We spent a rejuvenating eight days at Inn on Fall River. We were greated by smiling, helpful, friendly hostesses. The river flowed at the back of our deck. Elk grazed right at the railing of the deck. Rocky Mountain National Park was two miles away. We traveled in mid-May. The weather was amazingly beautiful with sun-shiny days and snowy days. The beauty of the area is undescribeable! It was like a picturesque postcard! Our room had a king-sized bed; fireplace; kitchenette with mini-frig, microwave, toaster, and sink, and a loveseat. Wood was supplied daily, but more could be purchased if needed. Electric heat was also in the room. We had a WONDERFUL 42nd anniversary trip and will be going back to the same place if at all possible!! Paula and Mark, get ready for us again!!!!!!!!!!

Room Tip: There was no fitness center or swimming pool, but there was a hot tub. Natual activities abound in...
  • Stayed May 2012, travelled as a couple
PaulainEP, Manager at Inn on Fall River, responded to this review, 2 June 2012
42nd Anniversary—WOW!!! That’s awesome! We are grateful that you chose the Inn on Fall River for your stay on this special occasion. Thanks for sharing your thoughts with our prospective guests. All rooms have kitchenettes, a wood burning fireplace and a patio or balcony on the Fall River. We will look forward to your return visit!
Mesa, Arizona
Reviewed 19 May 2012

Knotty pine wood walls, wall kitchenette, fireplace, patio/balcony. Unit 9 is the end unit across the river with two queen beds and a small living area. Very nice patio with the river about 18 feet away. There is a gas grill on the private patio. We enjoyed sitting on the patio and watching the river.

Room Tip: Units 9 to 13 are in a row and are one story with patios about 15 to 20 feet from the river. Units...
  • Stayed May 2012, travelled with family
PaulainEP, Manager at Inn on Fall River, responded to this review, 2 June 2012
We appreciate your comments and thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts on our rooms with prospective guests. We have found that our guests love the units with the patios on the river...sitting and watching the river go by. We hope you will come and see us again! And we are glad you enjoyed your stay.
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 9 April 2012

After a long day in the road we arrived here feeling tired & without a reservation. We enquired about rooms & was offered a selection of keys to rooms. We were given a key to a queen room, a king room & a suite on its own behind the main building.
All the rooms were satisfactory & would have suited our needs, however as soon as we saw the suite we knew that was where we were going to stay!
The suite we had was 15a, which is behind the main block, as you enter it you see a large living/dining area with a flat screen tv & large doors to a balcony containing a gas BBQ. To the rear of the dining area is a small kitchen, but it contains all you need to prepare some simple meals. It has a 4 ring hob & oven, fridge/freezer, coffee maker, toaster, microwave, blender. A good selection of pans & utensils, in fact the only thing lacking which we needed was a salad bowl!
The bathroom is small, but adequate. It appeared quite new, shower pressure was good.
The bedroom was large containing a king size & also a double bed, to the rear of the bedroom is a door leading to a
secluded balcony containing your own hot tub. It was amazing to be in the hot tub after a long day watching the stars & relaxing!
All in all the suites decor was a little dated or as I prefer "rustic"! The service was nothing more than extremely friendly & professional. We genuinely enjoyed our stay and wish our plans could have allowed for longer.
We will definitely be returning to here & already planning when this will be!

• Stayed April 2012
PaulainEP, Manager at Inn on Fall River, responded to this review, 9 May 2012
So glad that you found us! I love the fact that you were able to have a nice selection of rooms to choose from.
It is nice to hear that you were able to use all the amenities that the suite had to offer-Sorry about the lack of a salad bowl. I recently went and purchased a new set of bowls for this unit. We do have a "lending kitchen" at the office if you would ever find that you were in need of something that is not available in your unit.
Glad you had a starry night to enjoy the hot tub! It is just as enchanting when there is a snow! We will look forward to your return visit!