“Small room, excellent view.” 3 of 5 bubbles
Review of Inn on Fall River

Lowest prices for {0} - {1}
Enter dates for lowest prices
We check up to 200+ sites for the lowest hotel prices
Inn on Fall River
Ranked #13 of 20 Estes Park B&B and Inns
Nebraska
“Small room, excellent view.”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 October 2012

The rooms on the South side of the river are 1950's type of motel room. Very small, but have nice views of the river. The lighting is poor, have to sit in bed to read. Fireplaces. Nice covered patio. The beds are very soft. The rooms on the highway side, the ones with the second floor, are newer, having been built after the big flood in the 1980's.

Room Tip: Ask for a room on the road side of the river, they are newer, I was told.
    • 1 of 5 bubbles

Business
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (38)
Chino Valley, Arizona
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 September 2012

Thanks to the Inn of Fall River our trip to Estes Park was amazing! Just a few miles from the entrance of the Rocky Mountain National Park, this Inn was a great place to stay! It was a very nice queen room in an amazing setting. Sliding glass door leads right to the river. We enjoyed a fire in our fireplace at night. We couldn't ask for anything more! Simply the best, and we plan on making this Inn our choice to stay at Estes Park for years to come!

Chicago IL
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 September 2012

I (26 old male) recently took a family trip to Estes Park as I was coming from out of town and only get to see my brother (23 Old male) and sister(30 old Female) a couple times a year. Having my mother be a past visitor at The Inn on Fall River, it was recommend to us to stay here. After looking at other options first, those being booked, we decided to book at this location or two nights. I rented an apartment with two queens and placed myself and my sister on the application with the expectation of bringing up to four people as allowed. I called in advanced and confirmed check in and wanted to see if there was a way or available room that we could bring a dog, as my brother was unable to find a dog sitter. The owner stated no and we made every effort to find a dog boarding company in Estes Park which were all full for the weekend. Our thought would be to bring the dog and respecting the rules of the Inn, we at the last minute rented a tent for my brother and his dog for the night.
Upon arrival, check in was prompt and quick and the owner stated “I couldn’t help to see you brought a dog when I told you no” I explained the last minute issues we faced and explained that as soon as we get check in we will be setting up a tent at a local campground. Myself, my wife, my sister, and her boyfriend dropped our things off and were off to set up a tent. Upon leaving we made a left out of the Inn as we had no idea where we were going to find a campground only to make a U – Turn and head the proper way. Twenty minutes later we found a campground only to have it pooring rain. We then went and had dinner and hoped for the rain to stop so we could set up tent later. It rained all night so after a long day of traveling to Estes Park we figured that we would have my brother and his dog sleep in the SUV and set up tent the next morning. My brother never stepped foot in the room, nor the dog. The next morning I went out to look at the river and was greeted by the owner standing outside of my car peering in. The owner at 7:30 am walked up to me and rudely said, “ We have a big problem, you need to pack your things up and we are going to have to ask you too leave right away.” I asked why and she stated that we had two vehicle and five people staying at the Inn. I explained what happened and how it was an extremely stressful night after our long travel and we did not have any other alternative. We did not see how if we brought two vehicles or my brother slept it the car, how it affected our agreement. The owner continued to avoid my rebuttles and simply stated we had to leave. Furious, my family had to pack up that minute and check out. We were refunded $50 short due to the fact that we had “five” people in the room.
Conclusion: Service is what sets these inns apart from each other. There are several other places to stay at in the area. I do not disagree for the owner getting upset that we had a dog, for someone that has her dogs constantly in her office and walking the property I could not believe the owner to be so heartless with animals, especially because they are considered family. I could not help to feel discriminated for our age as the average people staying during our visit was 50+. We were quite, well behaved, and friendly customers. Instead of the owner booting us out for trying to make best of our situation , she could have offered an alternative or understood our circumstances. Instead she watched us like a hawk, judged us, and ruined our family vacation. The owner was so possessive and watchful that our discussion before I left she stated that she watched us turn left out of the premises and not right! We are not from around here! My stay at the inn was made horrible due to service, lack of compassion, and ultimately discrimination. I know the owner will state there are rules and we never broke any of them. We were upfront and honest and the owner did nothing to help or accommodate our situation. If you are going to be an owner of a private establishment and want it o be successful, you must go the extra mile for your business to grow and stand out. The owner does not understand this simple concept.

• Stayed August 2012, travelled with family
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
8 Thank Joshua J
Broomfield, Colorado, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 September 2012

It was only by luck that we found the Inn on Fall River. We wanted to spend the Labor Day weekend in Estes Park but it was all booked, except for a small room at the Inn on Fall River. It was a simple queen size room. However, it had a fireplace, microwave, frig and a slide-out door to a back patio that sits along the river. The Inn is not at all new, which adds to the fantastic atmosphere of an old rustic cabin sitting on a river in the mountains. It brought back so many memories of places I spent in my childhood. I wish we would have had time to use our fireplace because all the other fireplaces smelled wonderful. Needless to say, the Inn was fully booked. We met so many wonderful people. Our hostess, Paula, was great. Just a wonderful, down to earth person that did everything to ensure that our stay was perfect. If you want to stay at a place that has a truly rustic, mountain atmosphere, this is your place. Sure, there are newer, more modern resorts, but what's the purpose of going to the mountains and staying at a place like that? I will stay at no other resort will vacationing in Estes Park.
(Still want your jeep!)

Room Tip: There are all different type of rooms. From simple rooms to full cabins. We had a room on the othe...
Laramie, Wyoming
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 August 2012

We stayed three nights. The managers and employees were very nice and helpful. No problems with having our dog stay with us. Having a propane grill on the deck was very handy. It rained some each day; but having a covered deck made it enjoyable to sit and watch the rain. We found the stay enjoyable!

The only problem we had was that for us the bed was too hard. Being used to a Sleep Number Bed, however, it is difficult to go back to a standard bed. We were both glad we brought our memory foam pillows though.

• Stayed August 2012, travelled as a couple
Corning, Iowa
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 August 2012

My fiance and I staying at The Inn on Fall River for 3 nights and it was wonderful! This was our first trip to Estes Park so we were very excited to be there. We could hear the river at all times and ate breakfast on our patio every morning overlooking the river. Very clean and neat place. Staff was very friendly and gave good advice for places to eat, what to do, etc. High recommend this lodging, you won't be disappointed!

• Stayed July 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank SmallTownIowa47
Kansas City, Kansas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 July 2012

We just spent three of the most amazing nights at the Inn. There was the river right outside our patio (opened the screen and listened to it all night!) and an adorable chipmunk that visited every morning for peanuts! Room was clean and quite spacious... We loved having enough room to spread out a little. There were even robes in the closet ready to be lounged in :) Just lovely.... made for a perfect vacation!

• Stayed July 2012, travelled as a couple