“ALWAYS A WONDERFUL STAY !!”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Nicky's Resort

Nicky's Resort
Ranked #19 of 29 Hotels in Estes Park
Fort Collins
“ALWAYS A WONDERFUL STAY !!”
Reviewed 1 October 2012

My husband and I stay at this great little resort regularly, in all seasons of the year. We have been doing this for several years now and absolutely just love it !! The staff are friendly and welcoming, the accommodations are clean and comfortable with recently upgraded amenities and the setting is exquisite. This woodland-style Inn offers three types of rooms--the lodge rooms, river rooms and a couple of spacious cabins with decks. The grounds are gorgeous, enhancing the Colorado mountain ambiance with a river flowing through the property. There are sturdy patio chairs outside of just about every room for one's viewing pleasure. An added bonus is the convenience of having the legendary Nicky's Steakhouse Restaurant right there on the property for breakfast, lunch and dinner. This location is perfect as it's just a few miles each way, right between the town of Estes Park and the entry to Rocky Mountain National Park. We were at Nicky's this past weekend and have already made reservations for our next stay...always a good value and so, so much fun!!

3 Thank Doreen J
What A Nice Review! Thank You

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (32)
Centennial, Colorado
Reviewed 28 September 2012

Both my wife and I stayed here in early September. The room was clean, and the bed was very comfortable. Nice and quite location along the river. Bathroom was a bit small and the sink was outside the bathroom at one end of the bedroom. Parking was convenient. Breakfast consisted of coffee, granola bars and small packaged muffins. There was a restaurant and a very inviting looking patio along the river. All in all, on the average side.

• Stayed September 2012, travelled with friends
1 Thank BeJeTravelers
Thank-you We Appreciate Your Business
White Bear Lake, Minnesota
Reviewed 16 September 2012

We stayed in Estes park last year and left early due to bad wearher. Nicky's had a nice restraunt and the lodge looked nice we booked a room there this year and have just returned from a great trip. The lodge was very clean and the restraunt accross the parking lot was a real plus. The rooms were not big but perfect for our needs.

2 Thank Mswinter
Thank-you We Appreciate Your Business
Abbotsford, Canada
Reviewed 11 September 2012

Our room had been freshly painted and was very clean. The bed was comfortable and we found the towels to be of good quality. It was nice to have a small fridge in the room. From reading other reviews we knew to bring a hair dryer with us. All our interactions with staff were warm and friendly. It was nice to have a restaurant on site and we enjoyed a breakfast there and also found the service to be friendly. When we booked Nicky's we knew that the motel would be more 'rustic' than what we might find in the city, so we found the country style furniture charming and we were not disappointed in any way. In fact, for the price we found Nicky's to be very good value.

• Stayed September 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank Jacquie396
hics, Owner at Nicky's Resort, responded to this review, 26 December 2014
Thank-You All Rooms Now Have Hair Dryers
topeka
Reviewed 4 September 2012

The location is ideal if you want to get away from the hub-bub of a busy life. Wonderful mountain views and sounds of flowing water. Good clean rooms with easy access from the parking area. The restaurant onsite is very convenient and the outside tables next to the river adds a wonderful touch. They had a wonderful piano player who added to the whole ambience of the site as his music could be heard from one's room. The restaurant does need some updating and management needs to review training of some of their servers. We had problems one of the nights with our server consistently needing to be reminded of our food and drink orders. This did not spoil our overall experience though and I would return in a heartbeat.

1 Thank barfly1
Sorry We Do Not Own The Restaurant. Please Post On Nicky's Steakhouse Thank-You
Yorkshire
Reviewed 26 August 2012

We were pleased with the room overall, except the thin vertical blinds on the patio windows combined with the lights on outside made it hard to get to sleep. The rooms on the second (first in the UK) were easily accessible as the parking was up the hill. The meal we had in the restaurant was quite good and reasonably priced, with pleasant efficient service. On the negative side, I had to go and collect a hair drier from reception, then as we were checking under the bed for lost items I discovered the plastic band from a six-pack, an indication that the house-keeping standards were not up to scratch.

• Stayed August 2012, travelled as a couple
All Rooms Now Have Hair Dryers
Phoenix, Arizona
Reviewed 14 August 2012

I booked a room in June for a wedding in early November. As happens with life, plans changed and I realized I would not be able to attend the wedding. I called to cancel my reservation on July 30th and was told my request had to be cleared by a manager, at which time I would have to pay a cancellation fee. No such fee was ever explained when I booked the room. I did find it on the website eventually after further exploration (though, poor grammar makes the cancellation policy statement a bit confusing). Knowing this was likely a ridiculous fee I'd overlooked when I booked in good faith, I was willing to accept the fee and move on. However, when the manager did call me back five days later, she called at 7:45 on a Saturday morning, was incredibly abrupt and hung up on me before I was able to get a cancellation confirmation number. Feeling uneasy about the interaction, I made note to call for the cancellation confirmation number. Before calling I noticed my account had been credited the amount of the room, less the cancellation fee. Shortly thereafter, my account reflected TWO MORE debits for the full amount of the room. When I contacted them about this they were lackadaisical in their response time and, yet again, the manager was less than polite or apologetic for the error. Needless to say, the staff appears to be friendly and helpful, but the management and practices of management leave plenty to be desired -- namely basic politeness and customer service skills. I've stayed here and eaten in the restaurant before under circumstances in which I did not make the arrangements or deal with the staff and found it to be fine. I would have likely stayed there again in the event that plans worked out better (though changing plans for one night over three months in advance does NOT seem like poor planning on my part). But I will NOT stay here and will be just as vocal with friends and colleagues who frequent the Estes area. I have never written a review before, here or anywhere else, as I am usually an easy going person and consumer. But this was one of the more downright awful experiences I've had.

• Stayed August 2012, travelled with friends
7 Thank EMC0307
hics, Owner at Nicky's Resort, responded to this review, 26 December 2014
All Motels Have To Charged A Cancel Fee To Cover Credit Card Charges . They Charge Us

Travellers are raving about these Estes Park hotels