“nice economical motel in the Co. Rocky mountains”

Rodeway Inn Estes Park
Ranked #21 of 29 Hotels in Estes Park
Northglenn, Colorado
“nice economical motel in the Co. Rocky mountains”
Reviewed 23 August 2012

Estes Park, Colorado is always a pleasant busy place to visit. It is only about 65 miles from Denver. Try the local Rodeway Inn across from the Lake (& in the East part of town). There one can find friendly staff, a nice cool indoor pool, hot tub, clean rooms, decent rates, and breakfast in the am with waffles. The lobby is also comfortable. Also there is plenty of parking room.
( Might get crowded in the fall when the elk appear!)

Room Tip: If one wants a large room, there is a suite that sleeps about 6 people with a kitchen!
  • Stayed August 2012, travelled with family

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (65)
Reviewed 19 August 2012

I recently held my class reunion at the Rodeway Inn. They were very accomodating. The food was great that we selected for the banquet, the prime rib and scalloped potatoes were outstanding. The hotel gave us group rates and had a great pool area and lots of room for us to spread out. They even provided a kareoke machine for us. It was a great weekend. The views from the rooms are excellent. The rooms were very clean!

Room Tip: The king size bed rooms with the balconies are nice to sit out in the morning and view the mountains...
  • Stayed August 2012, travelled with friends
Homewood, IL
Reviewed 13 August 2012

I stayed at this property in August 2012, my granddaughter (age 16) showed me a dried blood-stained pillowcase saying she had not wanted to wake us the night before to show it to us. I called the front desk and reported and asked for housekeeping. When they didn't arrive I went to the front desk and spoke to the General Manager explaining what was discovered and offering that I didn't know if the pillowcase had been washed or bedding changed and asked why it wasn't thrown away. I did not cause a scene but said this condition concerned me. He asked if I expected housekeeping to make a special visit to my room because they have a schedule. I found this response interesting at best. And, he further stated that my granddaughter's nose could have bled causing the problem. Incredibly insensitive response when an apology would have been welcomed. I did not ask to be compensated nor make any other demands. I expected a humble apology but again I did not receive it from him only arrogance. The two women at the front desk were compassionate and apologetic. I would never stay again stay at this hotel nor recommend to anyone I know.

2 Thank Jean B

Travellers are raving about these Estes Park hotels

Breckenridge, Colorado
Reviewed 13 August 2012

The only thing this place has going for it is that it shows up in search engines while looking for a place to stay in Estes Park. I REALLY wish I had gone on tripadvisor first and spent a lot more time looking. For $160 we got a so run down it is dirty room.It looks like the type of motel prostitutes would hangout in. You pull up and realize the hotel is run down then get in and think oh, no I have to stay here. Save yourself from this dirty disaster and call the Estes Park Visitor Center for help. The one nice thing is the air conditioner in the room worked really well. Did not use the pool but another guest was complaining about wanting to hot tub and that unsupervised kids were screaming and running around the pool. The guy asked the kids to calm down and instead started swearing at him. Poor guy came tot he manager for help and the manager said she couldn't do anything more than he did. Uh, why are unsupervised kids in the pool? There was a complimentary breakfast but it was pretty weak with hardboiled eggs instead of scrambled eggs. No clue how old they were. Can't go wrong with self made waffles.

Room Tip: Don't Stay here.
  • Stayed August 2012, travelled as a couple
Omaha, Nebraska
Reviewed 13 August 2012

I went to Estes Park for a family wedding. The area is beautiful. This hotel sits across the highway from the lake. This hotel is not great, but it is not bad. My room was clean. It looked as though the bathroom had been updated recently. The bed was terrible. Even my 8 year old grandson complained about the bed. I could hear the people talking in the neighboring room. The front of the hotel looks pretty good. The back of the hotel needs a lot of attention. The breakfast area (free breakfast) is very large and can seat a lot of people at one time. They had a waffle macine and hardboiled eggs, cold cereal and different breads for toast. The pool was green and cloudy. I wouldn't let my grandson swim in it. I would stay there again if I was passing through, but not for an extended stay. I gave it an average rating because it is only a 2 star hotel. I believe it is average for that star level.

Altamont
Reviewed 11 August 2012

We recently stayed here after making reservations for Estes Park, not knowing any other places we could stay. Big mistake as there were many other hotels, motels, and cabins to choose from, that I'm sure were much cleaner and up to date than this dump was, not to mention in a much better location. After walking into the room, I knew I had made a mistake in booking this place. The carpet was worn through in places and was dirty, the bedspreads were old and looked dirty, there was a ceiling tile out near the bathroom, which I was afraid anything could drop out of, the TV remote was duct taped together, there was peeled paint on the doors and around the window, the WIFI would not stay connected, and the breakfast was horrible. I would be embarrased to take people's money if I owned this place! Do yourself a favor and don't give this horrible place a single penny of your money! The only good thing I have to say about it, was the young lady at the front desk was very nice when we checked in.

Kasota
Reviewed 28 July 2012

Friendly staff but absolutely terrible room. Dirty, smelly, very, very dated. Worst place I've can ever remember staying at. WIFI did not consistently work. Mountain view but could not be enjoyed because the windows were so fogged you couldn't see out of them. Balcony overlooked trash - not a very pretty site. Only 1 light in the room worked as one of the outlets did not work (we found this out when our computer went black). If I had to do this again, I would spend the night in my car. Also breakfast was terrible. STAY AWAY....................................................

• Stayed July 2012, travelled as a couple