“NEVER GETS OLD!!”

Rodeway Inn Estes Park
Ranked #24 of 29 Hotels in Estes Park
Reviewed 3 December 2012

This trip was amazing! This was our 7th or 8th trip ( I have lost count) up to stay at the Rodeway Inn, this time we brought our 6 year old granddaughter for one of the best times yet. We are always treated like family when we stay at the Rodeway but this time was extra special. Our granddaughter was treated like royalty. She won prizes, we saw a fireworks display, we had a great dinner etc. Our time here is always well spent and we can not say enough wonderful things about coming here for our mini vacations. LOVE THIS PLACE! Great for families, close to amenities and shopping etc. See for yourself.

Room Tip: honeymoon suite is great!
  • Stayed: November 2012, travelled with family
2  Thank emrows24

Reviewed 18 November 2012

Went up for a quick night and some fishing. Booked the hotel directly and got a great senior rate. Lil, the front desk person was very sweet as were the other employees. Room was more like an older Motel 6. The room was clean,( I checked under the toilet seat) but needed updating. The outside could use a total make over but for the price it was nice.

Room Tip: If you want an affordable stay without all the bells and whistles this is the place. A good breakfas...
  • Stayed: November 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 3 September 2012

The Owners of this Hotel and Choice Hotels should be ashamed of themselves. Steve Joyce should make a trip to here for a site visit. My guess is he would shut this place down for good. They are charging an extreme price for their rooms and this Hotel is the most disgusting place my family and I have ever stayed and it will be the last. Rodeway inn does not do Estes Park Colorado justice. The paint is peeling off the walls, the walls are paper thin, the beds and bedding are probably the original from when this hell hole opened, my Wife and I also found a feminine pad wrapper in our bed. The bathrooms are even more gross than the room itself. The over flow drain in our sink looked as if someone had thrown up and they let it dry to the sink. You can't enjoy the view of the mounains because the windows are stained so bad. Lets go to the pool/hot tub area, their were uncontrolled kids running around the pool area, in and out of the hot tub, and the most disgusting part is that you couldn't smell chlorine in the pool area. The bottom of the pool is bubbling up like their is water getting under their liner area. Breakfast, ah yeah breakfast-this was no more than waffles and hardboiled eggs. I WILL GIVE YOU A WARNING-STAY AWAY FROM THIS HOTEL AND THE SISTER PROPERTY (COMFORT INN). If you still come here and stay do it at your own risk. CONSIDER YOURSELF WARNED-----GOOD LUCK!!!!!!!!

Room Tip: Stay away from this Hell Hole
  • Stayed: September 2012, travelled with family
3  Thank jtb20
Reviewed 29 August 2012

In August, 2012,we had booked the meeting room and a motel room to hold a two day meeting. When we checked in, the table cloths on the tables were soiled. I had to ask twice to get them changed. We had arranged for snacks to be served in the afternoon and cake in the evening. Both along with lemonade and iced tea. For the afternoon snacks, there were no silverware or napkins provided as we had been told there would be. We had to ask for them. In the evening, the cake was not set up at the time we had asked for and again there were no silverware and napkins. We had to ask for those again. The man in charge of setting up the food was not pleasant to us.
When we checked into our room that night, we found a lot of mold on the three sides of the shower, the sink basin was dirty and the porcelain had a large area that was completely chipped off. The toilet hinges were stained with urine. The breakfast selection was not all that great. They had a peanut butter jar on the table and patrons were to just dig in and get what they wanted?! We were booked for two nights and we checked out the next morning after only one night. We would not stay there again!

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled with friends
Reviewed 23 August 2012

Estes Park, Colorado is always a pleasant busy place to visit. It is only about 65 miles from Denver. Try the local Rodeway Inn across from the Lake (& in the East part of town). There one can find friendly staff, a nice cool indoor pool, hot tub, clean rooms, decent rates, and breakfast in the am with waffles. The lobby is also comfortable. Also there is plenty of parking room.
( Might get crowded in the fall when the elk appear!)

Room Tip: If one wants a large room, there is a suite that sleeps about 6 people with a kitchen!
  • Stayed: August 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 19 August 2012

I recently held my class reunion at the Rodeway Inn. They were very accomodating. The food was great that we selected for the banquet, the prime rib and scalloped potatoes were outstanding. The hotel gave us group rates and had a great pool area and lots of room for us to spread out. They even provided a kareoke machine for us. It was a great weekend. The views from the rooms are excellent. The rooms were very clean!

Room Tip: The king size bed rooms with the balconies are nice to sit out in the morning and view the mountains...
  • Stayed: August 2012, travelled with friends
Reviewed 13 August 2012

I stayed at this property in August 2012, my granddaughter (age 16) showed me a dried blood-stained pillowcase saying she had not wanted to wake us the night before to show it to us. I called the front desk and reported and asked for housekeeping. When they didn't arrive I went to the front desk and spoke to the General Manager explaining what was discovered and offering that I didn't know if the pillowcase had been washed or bedding changed and asked why it wasn't thrown away. I did not cause a scene but said this condition concerned me. He asked if I expected housekeeping to make a special visit to my room because they have a schedule. I found this response interesting at best. And, he further stated that my granddaughter's nose could have bled causing the problem. Incredibly insensitive response when an apology would have been welcomed. I did not ask to be compensated nor make any other demands. I expected a humble apology but again I did not receive it from him only arrogance. The two women at the front desk were compassionate and apologetic. I would never stay again stay at this hotel nor recommend to anyone I know.

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled with family