Rodeway Inn Estes Park
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
Columbine Inn(Estes Park)
Hotel Estes(Estes Park)
View Hotel
Blue Door Inn(Estes Park)
Appenzell Inn(Estes Park)
View Hotel
All reviewswould stay here againcontinental breakfastnice stayroom was clean and comfortabletwo queen bedsclose to rocky mountain national parkratesmountainstrailrockiescolorado
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 7 July 2014

I can't really recommend this motel because, as other reviewers have noted, it's really showing its age. It's got a very '70s vibe; the current owners have kept it up enough to meet the modest requirements of the Rodeway chain, but you can see how it's a money pit that, frankly, needs some more money put into it. Rooms are OK, and they've been modestly updated, but we still didn't have things like flat screen TVs or nice bathrooms. The beds were OK. Breakfast is extremely modest; cereal, bad bagels and a waffle machine. This would all be OK if you paid something like 60 bucks, but Estes Park motels tend to be expensive in season, and this place is no exception. Bottomline, I'd look elsewhere first, as the reviews here correctly summarize the quality and value. It's mediocre at best. Best feature is probably the large indoor pool, obviously built when the property was "fancier" than it is today.

Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 1 July 2014

We read good reviews about the hotel and decided to try it out. Quite disappointed. The room we stayed in was very small and basic. The sink was in the room itself, there was no coffee maker in the room. It was clean but unless pressed to do so, we will not be staying there again.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 29 June 2014

I have not stayed at many Rodeway Inns so I can not compare but I did stay at many other motels during our two week road trip and this was the worst value. The motel and rooms are in desperate need of upgrading, this should not be the case when charging $145 a night, even in Estes Park. The location is fine and within walking distance to the Waterfront Grille which was quite nice for dinner. I went to checkout in the morning and there was a sign indicating that the front desk personnel had to step away for a moment, call this number for assistance - when I called the number it rang the front desk...no one was there?

Room Tip: Check around and try to stay somewhere else, for $145 a night you can probably get a more updated room.
Reviewed 28 June 2014

We picked this for two reasons. It is part of the Choice Hotels and they allowed pets. This was our first trip with our 10 month old puppy and they allow pets for a nominal $10 a day charge.

Place was very clean and economical. Breakfast was typical waffles, hard boiled eggs, cereal, toast, bagels etc. The breakfast room was very large and uncrowned the two days I was there. My wife is Gluten intolerant so she always brings her own cereal and milk.

Room Tip: Good Pet Friendly place
1  Thank mljacks
Reviewed 24 June 2014

I read the reviews before booking and knew the hotel was old but I think it is probably the most out of date property I have ever stayed in. The people were friendly; each time I was at the desk they were training new people. The property is not laid out well with multiple flights of stairs to get to rooms. Even using the elevator to get to our room on the second floor, we had one set up and one set down to reach our room. The property was clean, but very dated with worn carpets, banged up molding, doors that did not close completely with gaps showing light. Continental breakfast was average - bagels are actually cut in half and served in plastic wrap to reduce costs/waste.

If your primary deciding factor is cost then this is a good choice. The rooms were inexpensive, clean and conveniently located to downtown and the National Park. But there are absolutely no frills.

1  Thank Cindy B