“Nothing special, could use some friendliness”

Rodeway Inn Estes Park
Ranked #25 of 29 Hotels in Estes Park
Reviewed 11 September 2007

We spent two nights here. When we checked in, our initial room was not the same that we reserved, but that was corrected by front desk. However, I was under-whelmed by the friendliness of the staff.

There was an excellent view from our room’s balcony (made even better by the wolf rescue group staying near us; we had our own personal pack outside both nights!). The room was nothing spectacular, but it wasn’t dirty either. The hotel offers a free movie selection, but the titles are from the Wal-Mart bargain bin 10 years ago.

This hotel as just ok, but I would try something else next time.

• Stayed: October 2006
1  Thank Rt66Honeymoon

Reviewed 25 August 2007

This was a nice, reasonable place. We were in one of the suites which is EXTRA nice! It was really helpful to have the kitchenette available and the extra room helped immensely with different sleep schedules. The pool area is well kept and the hot tub was greatly appreciated after a day of hiking! The staff was helpful and the wireless internet worked fine. The breakfasts aren't great but convenient if you just need some coffee and rolls to get going. The location was convenient and is a shuttle bus stop so if you're heading downtown you don't have to fuss with parking (which really IS a problem during high season).

• Stayed: July 2007, travelled with friends
Reviewed 2 July 2007

This was one of the most disappointing hotels I have ever stayed it. When I made reservations, I was told we would have a Premium Deluxe Queen room, with microwave & fridge. Well we had those alright, stacked on a cabinet that had a curtain instead of a door. I was told by the reservation desk how much I would love their hotel, & that people leave other hotels to stay there. NOT LIKELY! Tiles in the bathroom ceiling were so molded, not to mention a dirty tub. Coffee pot in room so molded that it needed to be tossed & no telling how long the grounds were in it. Dark, dreary, room. When I went to the front desk to complain, they did knock off $14.00 from the $125.00 a night. The desk clerk told me they could move me, but probably would not be worth the trouble. She said they had not remodeled in 30 years & that the girl who told me all of the wonderful things, was no longer there. (we are talking a span of 2 weeks) She said it was peak season & they have no problem getting the price. It was definitely a eye sore to a beautiful area. Never again.

• Stayed: June 2007, travelled with family
Reviewed 13 June 2007

I had previously stayed at the hotel a few years back my stay was mediocre. I stayed there last week and what a wonderful experience !! New ownership!! Wonderful guest services with all employees, beautiful room, beautiful view and great a experience this time around excelllent morning waking to bisquits and gravy for breakfast hot coffe and juice then going for a swim in a nice heated clean pool and relaxing afterward in the hot tub and sauna !!! Thank you rodeway and staff !!!! No other place i will stay in estes park for my yearly trip !! See you next year

• Stayed: June 2007, travelled with family
2  Thank bratwood
Reviewed 4 October 2006

We love to go to Estes Park in the Fall to see the colors and watch/listen to the elk. We picked a busy weekend (Elk Fest) in town and in RMHP and lucked out with awesome weather. Because of the crowds, finding a hotel on a budget was not easy. This was our first stay at the Roadway Inn and I was a little disappointed. This isn't to say we wouldn't try it again though. The room was clean. The shower was a BIG whimp (little pressure and temp keep varying). My 6' husband had to bend over to get under the shower head! The blanket on the bed barely came over the edge of the bed and I was cold all night! The indoor pool was a nice treat. The hot tub, although very hot was old and the jets in need of repair. I would try it again though if I couldn't find anything better.

• Stayed: September 2006, travelled with family
Reviewed 8 September 2006

My initial response from Ray was good, but it went downhill from there. The 2nd time I spoke with him (about 30 days later) he had no idea who I was or that he had even spoken with me.

Oh how I wish I knew about this site last December. I was so mad! The rates he had quoted me in November for some reason went up $10 a room. And when I asked & asked & kept asking Ray why the rates, it was like he was on another planet. He completely ignored me. He didn't even know I was him a perfectly legitimate question.

When my family showed up for a good-sized reception, it was like everything Ray said was going to happen somehow was forgotten about. There were no linens, as promised. I specifically asked for a big-screen tv, and Ray was like "no problem", and I was so happy. but when I showed up, there was no tv. And then when they brought us one, it was half the size I asked Ray for.

What else. I found it very unprofessional that Ray just blamed everything on the rest of the staff, even if it was their fault. I wanted Ray Marez to be man enough to take accountability, but he wasn't. All our rooms were messed up. I have an 80 year old mother that I specifically said needed to be on the 1st floor. She wasn't.

Ray can promise stuff like no tomorrow. And unfortunately, he's just as talented in coming up with excuses for why his promises didn't come through. I was very disappointed with the services from Ray Marez.

Mark "Chevy" S.

Stayed: December 2005
1  Thank chevvy
Reviewed 26 August 2006

I also book with Choice to get the discounts, but this hotel I decided to check out of and go stay at the local Holiday Inn instead. I helped my 12 year old son up to the ceiling & he was able to crawl around up there no trouble at all. I didn't have him lift the ceiling tiles in our neighbors places, of course, but I could see that he easily could have if he wanted to.

We stayed the night because I promised my boys they could swim in the pool. I noticed there was a hottub also, but the water was lukewarm and it was green. The boys had a good time in the pool, but the next night at the Holiday Inn I discovered they have a much bigger and better pool area, and the hottub was hot and clear (not green).

It was a good stay at the Holiday Inn, but this other hotel - the Rodeway Inn - I don't even understand how it could be a Rodeway Inn. They clearly are unaware of the problems with their hotel at wherever Choice headquarters is.

Bill Frenn