“Terrific Resort Stay”
Review of Deer Crest Resort

Deer Crest Resort
Ranked #11 of 29 Hotels in Estes Park
Reviewed 7 March 2014

I recently stayed at the Deer Crest Resort for the first time. What a terrific place. Catering to Adult non smokers the Resort sits along creek with various places to sit and enjoy the scenery of the wildlife, mountain views and creek side comforts. The room was extremely clean and had a very comfortable king size bed. The room had a love seat and chair that was in excellent condition and supported my back great. The electric fireplace gave the cold winter night the perfect home feel of all great hotel rooms. As an added plus the resort is quiet! No loud screaming kids, drunkards, or obnoxious guests to ruin the stay. You cannot even here the other guests come and go from their rooms. My room had a private balcony that was cozy and secluded to the other balconies of other rooms so no one can see you enjoying the scenery. Setting just off the highway to the National park I am happy to note that you could not here any traffic noise in the room. Lastly, the rooms provide ample electrical outlets for all your high tech gear. Phones, eReaders, laptops, Ipods, etc can all be plugged in with out needing to hot swap or unplug the room lamps to get everything charged. I have gotten used to bringing additional strip outlets on my travels but at the Deer Crest they were not necessary. Room was cleaned daily. I found Ken, one of the owners to be extremely helpful and a delightful man to deal with during my stay. I have stayed at most places in Estes park over the years but the Deer Crest, in just one stay, has become the ONLY place I will ever stay in Estes Park.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled solo
6  Thank RobinoftheRockies

Reviewed 3 March 2014

I have stayed here twice and have enthusiastically recomended it to others who have also enjoyed staying there. The family owners are very friendly and welcoming. They have been updating the facility and technology features. I also enjoyed the decor and thought it was perfect for the location. I don't usually sleep soundly in beds other than my own but that was not the case here. The bed was very comfortable as was the other room furniture (all of which reclined). While I love children and pets I enjoyed the peace and calmness of it being for adults only and non-smoking everywhere. Although I have only stayed there when it has been snowing, I like that every room has a patio with furniture and hope to return again when it is warmer. Also like that the location is not right in town but close enough to be convenient and also not far from Rocky Mtn. Park entrance.

Stayed: February 2014, travelled solo
1  Thank Jacque P
Reviewed 19 February 2014

First of all, the location is great as it is few minutes away either from the park entrance either from the town where you can find everything: shops, restaurants, Starbucks, pubs, stores.
The resort is very nice, it has clean and spacious bedrooms with comfortable beds and a nice kitchen. We choose the room with the fireplace and it was lovely especially while outside was snowing!
A special remark about the complimentary S. Valentine's box full of candies and chocolates, the large collection of DVDs freely available for guests and the good choice of board games!
Finally, the nice and welcoming owner who assisted us during our stay providing prompt help when needed!
So, in few words...we really recommend this place for your lovely stay on the mountains!!

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 17 February 2014

We have spent 2 days in this resort, and we have really enjoyed our stay here! Rooms are clean and spacious, with comfortable beds and a well-equipped kitchenette. We got once with the fireplace, it made the atmosphere very romantic!
It was great to have a large DVDs and board games collections to choose from freely available at the reception, as well as teas and infusion.
The kind and welcoming owner made us feel at home, he even offered us a chocolate S. Valentine's box...delicious!!! We had also a minor problem with the faucet but he solved it immediately!
Last but not least, great location between the Rocky Mountain National Park Entrance and Estes Park town: within 5 minutes driving you have everything you need!
Choose it and you will not regret it!

Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Magicvale
Reviewed 10 February 2014

We chose the Deer Crest Resort because is was located near Rocky Mountain National Park and we were going snowshoeing in the park for a nice quiet Christmas trip. Also because this resort is adult only and no smoking anywhere on the property. The room was very nice with a beautiful view of the river and woods. The owner was very accommodating, letting us check in very early so we could drop our bags and change clothes in the room before going into the park. The room was very clean and comfortable. It had a DVD player with free movies in the office, so we just curled up with a good movie on Christmas eve. We are planning to return for another visit in February and will stay here again.

Room Tip: Get an upstairs room overlooking the river.
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 3 February 2014

We arrived in Estes Park on September 12, 2013 which coincided with rarely seen biblical flooding in CO. After being evacuated from two campgrounds the roads were becoming dangerously flooded and we were desperate for a place to stay for the night. As we took the road toward town we stopped at every hotel with a vacancy light without finding any that were staffed until we finally got to Deer Crest Resort. As someone who typically doesn't stay anywhere without going through an excessive number of tripadvisor reviews first, I was relieved to find that the hotel was everything we could have wanted even if we had done our research. Clean rooms, comfortable bed, good size, and right on a creek (although at this point the "creek" had turned into a gushing river - see photo). I wish words could adequately express how wonderful the people who run this hotel were. Friendly, helpful, and, when one of the rooms was in danger of flooding from runoff coming down the mountain, they stayed up all night working to divert the water. Also, I'm pretty sure that given the situation they could have completely gauged us on price but I'm fairly certain that what they charged us was under the going rate. I look forward to the day when I can pay another visit to Dear Crest Resort and take the time to enjoy the room, the creek and the area under better circumstances. And to once again thank the wonderful staff.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Ecrom
Reviewed 7 January 2014

Each winter my husband and I go to Deer Crest for a weekend getaway. We love Deer Crest because it's quiet, on the river, the room is cozy (we always stay in one of the mini suites), we like having a kitchenette, it's spotless, and very comfortable (I have a bad back and have always been comfortable in the king bed). We love the gas fireplace for post-snowshoeing cozy evenings, we like the hot tub 16 steps away, and although the place feels somewhat secluded from the hubbub of town, it is a mere 2-minute drive to town. Perfect for us. Ken and Carrie, the hosts, are always very friendly and pleasant, full of advice if we ask. The lobby has a great collection of movies and games, and snowshoes are available if we forget to pack ours. If we need anything, it's taken care of ASAP. We have been going to Deer Crest for about 10 years now... and will keep going for years to come. No need to change a good thing!

Stayed: February 2013, travelled as a couple