Deer Crest Resort
If you like this hotel, you might also be interested in
Discovery Lodge(Estes Park)(Great Value!)
US$84
Quality Inn Estes Park(Estes Park)(Great Value!)
US$127
Silver Moon Inn(Estes Park)(Great Value!)
US$170
Alpine Trail Ridge Inn(Estes Park)(Great Value!)
US$126
The Estes Park Resort(Estes Park)(Great Value!)
US$154
US$150
Hotel Estes(Estes Park)(Great Value!)
US$134
Stanley Hotel(Estes Park)(Great Value!)
US$253
US$208
Groupon.com
  • Restaurant
Murphy's Resort at Estes Park(Estes Park)(Great Value!)
US$104
Nicky's Resort(Estes Park)(Great Value!)
US$87
Orbitz.com
StoneBrook Resort(Estes Park)(Great Value!)
US$149
All reviewsmini suitefall riverhot tubseparate freezerprivate balconyno petsfire pithummingbird feedersroom was largepeaceful stayclose to townriver frontnational parklittle riverking beddvd librarythe lower level
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 17 August 2007

This place is a hidden gem! We spent two nights of our vacation in the Old Man Mountain King Loft Suite and wished we had spent the whole week there. The suite was gorgeous -- huge moss rock fireplace, loft bedroom and beautiful decor. It was huge (so big, in fact, when I showed pictures to my mom, she thought she was looking at the hotel lobby!!) The patio overlooks the river - perfect place to relax in the evening after a day in the park & trotting around in town.

We loved the location, too. Away from the hustle & bustle of downtown Estes Park and very close to RMNP entrance.

Ken and Carrie were wonderful hosts, too, Both very nice and pleasant to talk to.

An added bonus was the family of yellow bellied marmots that also seemed to like the property. Hummingbirds were everywhere, as well.

We are hoping to return some day and spend a whole week there.

• Stayed: July 2007, travelled as a couple
5  Thank SusanandKevin
Reviewed 23 July 2007

We enjoyed our stay at Deer Crest in Estes Park. The rooms were a nice size and the beds were comfortable. The creek runs right out back and the lawns are well kept. Owners were very nice. A large selection of VCRs and DVDs are available for checkout. No air conditioning, though.

• Stayed: July 2007, travelled as a couple
2  Thank kendebtravelers
Reviewed 24 June 2007

Exactly what we were looking for. A quiet, reasonably priced motel right on the roaring Fall River. The grounds were immaculate and, though the motel is a bit aged, it was just right for us. We particularly liked the upper level with stools and a high table on the deck overlooking the Fall River.

Stayed: June 2007
2  Thank Evergreen007
Reviewed 17 September 2006

Deer Crest is a wonderful, mom-and-pop owned and operated lodge with Fall River singing merrily at the back of the lawn. The room was fine for for the two of us, the kitchenette was great for breakfasts and had a good-sized refrigerator. There is wireless high speed internet access from the rooms, although you may have trouble with a cell phone, depending on your provider.

The owners were warm and welcoming and very attentive to whatever we asked of them. They've got a nice little library of videotapes and DVDs that you borrow on the honor system, and each room has, in addition to cable and HBO (or maybe Showtime?), a video and DVD player.

There's a comfy couch and chair, too, in addition to a comfortable bed. Each room has a little sitting area in front, and guests were friendly.

This is very near RMNP Fall River entrance and within walking distance to Nicky's, a popular restaurant. It is quiet -- very little traffic since the main lodging area is on the other side of town.

We'll go back and definitely will stay here.

• Stayed: June 2006, travelled as a couple
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
9  Thank OldMuse
Reviewed 9 August 2006

I stayed there for three nights. Room 107 was perfect for someone who loves the sound of water. The room and grounds were spotless. We felt like we were visiting old friends. The stream (Fall River) produced six (released) awesome trout for my flies, including two well over 16 inches before supper first night. There's grilles ready to use. I told the owner I wished for a bigger coffee maker, and he had one at my room in minutes. The location was perfect, and we had no complaints whatsoever. I ran into friends from my hometown who spent 9 nights elsewhere there, paid more, and had lousy service and experience. Heck, the ground squirrels were even eating out of my hands. Did I mention the fishing there? I was really impressed with the owners and property alltogether. And I don't impress easily. This place shouldn't disappoint you. It's a no-brainer for me and my friends going out there in the future.
Joe

• Stayed: July 2006, travelled as a couple
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
10  Thank Ozarksflyfisher