“Worst pancakes during my 3 weeks USA vacation”

Mountain Home Cafe Inc.
Ranked #7 of 142 Restaurants in Estes Park
Price range: US$4 - US$12
Cuisines: American
Good for: Local cuisine, Business meetings, Child-friendly
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Lunch, Takeout
Description: Estes Park's favorite breakfast and lunch cafe. Excellent food, great service, and fair prices. Join us today!
Reviewed 5 weeks ago

I see good reviews of this restaurant and when leaving there were at least 20 people waiting for a table. So where did it go wrong? I've had very dry, flat pancakes here. Scrambled egg was a minimal portion and the coffee at best an average. Waitress not very nice. Probably this was an incident, but see for yourself!

Date of visit: September 2018
Write a ReviewReviews (1,038)

Reviewed 5 weeks ago via mobile

We arrived in town and needed lunch. Took a chance on this spot tucked into the zipper Stanley Village shopping center and were glad we did. The open face hot roast beef sandwich was good. And I really enjoyed the featured strawberry poppyseed chicken salad — perfect!! Quick and friendly service. Lots of locals eating here!! Try it out — you will be glad you did.

Date of visit: November 2018
LoveEP, Manager at Mountain Home Cafe Inc., responded to this reviewResponded 4 weeks ago

Thank you very much.

Reviewed 5 weeks ago via mobile

This little place had slightly better than average food and the service was pretty good. Coffee cup was neglected a bit but the server was very attentive to my celiac issues so...it kinda evens out.

Due to the food quality this would be my primary breakfast place of choice when returning to Estes Park.

Date of visit: October 2018

Thanks!

Reviewed 5 weeks ago

I figured it would just be a burgers/fries kind of place for lunch. Vegan options can easily be made with a few modifications!!! I was so happy to find they had tofu sandwich! I just had them hold the sauce, and replace the focaccia with sourdough bread. Delicious!

Date of visit: November 2018

Thank you very much!

Reviewed 6 November 2018

We happened on this place when we arrived in Estes Park, we were tired and hungry and just wanted some lunch! I had a yummy salad and my husband had a chicken wrap! My husband was so impressed by his food and the looks of all the food coming out that he insisted we come back for breakfast and thankfully we did! It is obviously a choice breakfast spot for folks in the area and it was easy to see why, the food was delicious and all the food looked so good I don’t think you can go wrong! Oh and they make their own cinnamon rolls, get one OMG soooo yummy!!

Date of visit: October 2018

Thank you for taking the time to write a review.