“Not for us...” 3 of 5 bubbles
Review of Estes Park Bed & Breakfast

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Estes Park Bed & Breakfast
Ranked #11 of 20 Estes Park B&B and Inns
Tampa, Florida
“Not for us...”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 April 2014

During the planning of our trip to Colorado, I used the reviews from Trip Advisor to select Estes Park Bed & Breakfast for the one night my wife and I would be staying in Estes Park before going through Rocky Mountain National Park. Almost all of the reviews were rated “Excellent,” and the price seemed very reasonable, so I concluded that this was a really good value. The B&B’s website did not allow for online booking, so I called and spoke with Sheila who was an absolute delight, and we booked the King bedroom. Off to a great start!

Sheila and the delicious breakfast she made both deserve an excellent rating, but the accommodations were far below average. The house itself is set in a residential neighborhood just outside of the main strip in Estes Park. The common area and the bedrooms are very outdated. It felt like we were stepping back into the 1970’s. The entire bedroom and bathroom were carpeted wall-to-wall with an old shaggy-style carpet. The carpeting in the bathroom was especially disgusting. My wife and I both detected the scent of a cat within the room and a strong pungent odor coming from the carpet. We didn’t even want to unpack our things, but it was too late in the day to find another place to stay, so we were stuck.

There is a hot tub in the yard, but Sheila was hosting a family barbeque so there was no privacy for peaceful soaking. We enjoyed our delicious breakfast outside on the porch, but there is no view of the mountains from this location as the house is surrounded by tall pines. Considering the lack of scenery on the outside, and the unpleasant conditions inside, the Estes Park B&B had nothing special to offer. With full bellies, we were quite pleased to lug our suitcases back down the stairs and leave the B&B behind us.

It pains me to write this since Sheila is such a sweetheart, but I wish someone had been forthright about the conditions of the lodging as it may have helped me in my decision making and perhaps I would not have been so disappointed.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled as a couple
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
4 Thank MisterJoshua
EstesParkBandB, Owner at Estes Park Bed & Breakfast, responded to this review, 3 May 2014
Joshua,
I am so sorry you were unhappy with your stay at our bed and breakfast! It is my goal to provide a comfortable, a clean, and a quiet experience for our guests staying at our mountain home in Estes Park. I strive to improve our accommodations each year to our b&b, as an example this year hardwood floor was expanded throughout all three of our guest bedrooms and travertine tile in our guest bathrooms.
Sheila
Estes Park Bed and Breakfast

Business
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (12)
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 February 2014

We rented this lovely second story home for the weekend--three couples. It has a large, sunny, comfortable common room with a huge, well stocked kitchen. There are three bedrooms--two smaller with a shared bathroom, and a master bedroom with in-suite bathroom. The common area has hundreds of videos, books, games, puzzles and a fireplace, sheepskins on the hardwood floor. One whole wall of the home has large picture windows overlooking the mountains. It's within walking distance of downtown for shopping and eating--no need to hassle with parking. The price can't be beat--we couldn't believe how large, beautiful and comfortable this place was. Sheila cooked us an amazing breakfast and was a delightful hostess. We rented the whole house, so no sharing space with strangers. Each room has a mini-frig, TV, heater. There is a hot tub out back. One of the rooms has a walk out deck. We will definitely stay here again--we just loved it.

Room Tip: Only the master bedroom has a private bath. The middle room has a walk out deck.
  • Stayed February 2014, travelled with family
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Maryland
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 October 2013

I was booked for 4 nights at the Estes Park B&B - scheduled to arrive on the day when the entire town was evacuated because of the horrible flooding that devastated the entire area. Because of Sheila, the incredibly kind, caring and conscientious owner, I was forewarned about the situation because she personally called me when things began to look serious! Had I been booked in a big hotel, I would have continued with my plans and been in the middle of a dangerous situation and a real mess. Instead, I re-routed my trip and I'm thankful for that opportunity. I am writing this review to thank Sheila and to state that I will absolutely stay at the Estes Park B&B when I finally do get to visit the Rocky Mountain National Park. I hope that readers of this review consider this B&B as well. She must be a wonderful host!

Stayed September 2013, travelled with family
Arvada, Colorado
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 September 2013

We enjoyed ourselves so much at this lovely B&B. Situated within 2 blocks of the river walk and main street, it is a perfect location. We stayed in the large and comfy king room complete with a mini-fridge that is stocked with soft drinks and ice cream.

Sheila is warm and friendly, and provides helpful information. She prepares a scrumptious breakfast as well as yummy afternoon snacks.

We couldn't imagine a better B&B in Estes Park.

Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
Thank Mary Kay and Je... S
Anoka, MN
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 September 2013

This is our third stay at this lovely B&B at the gateway to the Rocky Mountain National Park. As always, Sheila and Bill were most welcoming hosts. The property is tastefully decorated and very comfortable. The breakfasts are delicious and so substantial as to satisfy the greatest appetite. This year, a flood that the media described as "of biblical proportions" occurred in the middle of our stay. Our hosts went out of their way to provided the most accurate and current information regarding the state of affairs. When it became clear that we needed to leave early, they did everything they could to ensure that we were taking the safest route out of the disaster area. Their service and caring in very difficult circumstances when their own property was in jeopardy of damage was as congenial and helpful as it has been during sunny and calm times.

We can't recommend this B&B and Bill and Sheila more highly.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 August 2013

Couldn't recommend this B&B any more. My wife and I stayed here for our anniversary this July. Great location, clean rooms, amazing food, and friendly service. Easy to walk to anywhere in town, and a short drive to RMNP. Must stay if you go to Estes Park.

• Stayed July 2013
1 Thank JETayl
Arlington, VA
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 August 2013

My wife and I, along with our two teenage children stayed at the Estes Park Bed and Breakfast in mid-August for 6 nights. We found it to be restful and quiet, while at the same time convenient to all the shops and restaurants on main street. The location of the B&B is up on a hill a couple of blocks from main street, so you don't get the noise, just the convenience! On those days we had to leave the house early, Sheila was very accommodating and prepared food we could access ourselves from the fridge and counter. The other breakfasts were wonderful. On those days, we rarely had to eat lunch. We all loved Sheila's cinnamon pancakes! We loved relaxing in the hottub in the back yard after a long day of hiking in the mountains. This is a very original and welcoming place. You really can't go wrong staying here.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled with family