We recently stayed 5 days in the Long's Peak House, which is one of the vacation homes operated by Brynwood on the River. This trip was a gift to our parents, and this house was perfect for our needs. We had three families - three couples and two children including a baby - and there were more than enough bedrooms and bathrooms and living area to accomodate all of us while giving us some space when needed. The main/ground floor has two masters, one of which is monstrous in size and has 2 walls covered with windows that look out at the mountains (including Long's Peak). Stairs lead down to the bottom floor, which is partially built into the side of the hill but still has some windows. There is a deck outside the kitchen/dining area, where there are a couple tables that can accomodate a large group (12-16 people?). We sat on the deck in the evenings enjoying the view while spotting prairie dogs, a badger, ground squirrels, mule deer, and other critters. The kitchen was furnished with a stove/cooktop, microwave, refrigerator, and dishwasher, and associated cooking and eating utensils. There was also a clothes washer and dryer in the downstairs bathroom which worked well. For our baby, there was a playpen as well as a "pack 'n play" where our little guy could hang out and sleep. The house was very clean and, though not brand new, was well taken care of. The location of the house was good - about 10 minutes by car to downtown or to the entrance of Rocky Mountain National Park. Downsides? The main downside was the water pressure, and the showers and faucets fluctuated depending on who was using the water at any given time. After we figured out what was going on, we adjusted to avoid taking showers while others were doing the same. Another minor downside might only apply to hot, summer days. There are window A/C units in the two master bedrooms and in the main living room area. It was in the mid 80's to low 90's (farenheit) while we were there, and the A/C units kept the rooms reasonably well cooled. On rare hotter days (91+ farenheit), I suspect the main floor might be a bit warm in the mid-to-late afternoon. (The downstairs bedrooms and living room remained nice and cool during the days due to its being built into the ground.) The owners/managers of the property that we dealt with were very nice. Overall, we were very happy with our accomodations, and we would return to this location and recommend it to others.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Brynwood has theme cabins, motel and vacation homes at the mouth of Rocky Mountain National Park, one mile from Estes Park. Some cabins are right on the Big Thompson River, have fireplaces and private hot tubs. We have a heated pool, hot tub and wading pool area. We offer cleanliness, a home away from home atmosphere with free Wi-Fi. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with TripOnline SA, Expedia, Hotels.com, Ebookers, Travel Republic (UK) and Evoline ltd so you can book your Brynwood on the River reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Brynwood On The River Hotel Estes Park
- Brynwood On The River Estes Park, CO