This property is a combination of creature comforts (wifi, cable tv, swimming pool, hot tubs) and CREATURES! We have stayed at the cabins two summers in a row, (approx. 5 days apiece).
The property is 'natural.' Meaning, that they dont have sod that they mow. I LOVE THAT! The river runs through the lower section of their lot, and there are many spots to sit outside and listen to the trees and the river and just relax. Actually, you can even sit in the river. My mom and I took our patio chairs and placed them in the shallow part of the river and played cards for hours. Your imagination kicks into high gear when you are surrounded by beauty.
If you are so inclined, take a swim; the fresh white towels in the office are a nice touch! Take a walk - you can wander over to a cute grocery store and stock up on supplies. Or wander over to the nice wine shop a few blocks away. No need to go without my Clois du Bois.
For technophiles, grab your iPad and work wirelessly in the cabins. Or watch a movie on cable or DVR. Really, there is so much to do on property, that I could stay here a day or two just taking it all in.
Also, it is very simple to get your shop on and go into the ADORBLE downtown Estes. The people are so nice; the shops are cute; the food is good. We also liked going up to the Stanley for breakfasts. Really a nice experience.
When we tired of hiking in the unspeakably breathtaking RMNP, we would go back to our cabin and see what Mama Nature wanted to present to us. If you are a nature lover such as I, then you will be boldly suprised by the beautiful animals that wander on to the property.
Where do I begin? Deer that came so close to my mom they almost touched her hair. Stunning Elk that sun themselves on the grass for hours, then tromp through the river when the sun sets. Birds of so many variety I bought a book in town and started birdwatching. Fishing - which I do not do - but saw others having a great time. But the coolest encounter by far, was last September, while I was watching two HUGE elks rub their backs on trees so wildly that the trees looked like they may snap, my mom called out to me, watch out, BEAR. And yes, while I was staring at the ELK, a black bear ran by. And after the excitement wore off, we jumped in our hot tub and discussed our day with a cold glass of wine.
I LOVE THIS PLACE. Not Kidding. Go.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Brynwood has theme cabins, motel and vacation homes at the mouth of Rocky Mountain National Park, one mile from Estes Park. Some cabins are right on the Big Thompson River, have fireplaces and private hot tubs. We have a heated pool, hot tub and wading pool area. We offer cleanliness, a home away from home atmosphere with free Wi-Fi. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Ebookers, TripOnline SA and Evoline ltd so you can book your Brynwood on the River reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Brynwood On The River Hotel Estes Park
- Brynwood On The River Estes Park, CO