“Stayed June 24, 2014”
Review of Econo Lodge

Econo Lodge
Ranked #27 of 29 Hotels in Estes Park
Reviewed 29 June 2014

Good location with a mountain view from deck but I felt it unsafe. The outside stairs were worn and insecure. I doubt they would pass a safety inspection. Room was very outdated and dirty. Window missing screen. Multiple electrical appliances on one connecting strip. Old TV. King bed sank to made a V in the middle and very uncomfortable. Pool area unkept. Weeds everywhere. Breakfast was very minimal. Milk was outdated. A pile of towels remained outside one room during our stay. Foul odor noted in lobby during stay following check out. Would not return! Needs lots of work to update and has potential.

Room Tip: Would not recommend due to safety concerns and room condition.
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank pasha1671

Reviewed 20 June 2014 via mobile

If you aren't expecting much then you'll be satisfied. It was horrible or gross but it provided the bare essentials. Our bed sunk in the middle and my partner and I had no choice but to sleep right next to each other. The outdoor pool was not kept up and no way would I swim in it.

Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 18 June 2014 via mobile

Nice people... Lynn was awesome. Gave us a great recommendation to Clares on the Park for dinner. Room was a bit dated but was comfortable. 1 or 2 nights would be fine, don't think more than that. Didn't eat breakfast there we ended up going back to Clares. Right around the corner from the Stanley which was cool to see.

Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 30 May 2014

For $77 we had a room with outdated and old decor. It didn't seem very clean. The exterior walkways had yucky old carpeting. The shower water temperature took 10 min to heat up during the night. The only plus was the room was large. The beds were adequate. Continental breakfast was meager in the morning. A fair price would've been $57.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 27 May 2014

Walked into the lobby to check in waited at least ten mins rang the bell at the counter opened and closed the door several times trying to get some one to come to the desk and nothing finally called the hotel and someone answered but not from the Front Desk. She said she was down stairs that she would be right up. She did come into the lobby very quickly. While checking us in never said welcome thank you for staying with us was just very frantic and did not seem to know how to work the computer system. Took us a long time to get checked in and still had to wait before we were able to get keys for the second room. As we are finishing checking in and heading to our room that we had the keys for cops showed up and arrested one of the guys that worked their. Got in the room and had to open windows smelled very stale. windows had no screens and one window had a small brick to keep it opened. No garbage can in the bathroom just in the bedroom no bags. We stayed two nights and I did not want anyone going in the room while we were out for the day (we wanted to spend as little time there as we could) I could not find a Do Not Disturb sign went to the front desk to get one and she had a hard time finding one..... I could go on and on.. like the fact that the lobby is only open till 11pm. and we heard a man screaming at midnight saying it was BS that this place isnt open past 11. Also first thing in the morning we heard someone outside the door trying to get in our room. The lack of knowledge, hospitality and professionalism is ridiculous. The one good thing about this place was the shower head and water pressure. Water stayed hot and the pressure was great it was a new shower head and I was able to adjust the settings. Everything else in the room was outdated and no pictures or decor in the room or on the wall. Very unwelcoming place. Only reason we stayed is because I am a choice Hotel employee and I was able to get a discount on the room. This place wasnt even worth what we paid for it. I Think I have made my point. To sum it all up this place should be shut down.

Room Tip: Sometimes the Extra money is worth it.
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 25 October 2013

As an exchange student, I came to Estes Park to work during the summer 2013. The first place I stopped was Estes Village Inn, used to be called Super 8. First off, the owner (Korean old man) is extremely rude and once acknowledged that he is racist. He also owns Twin Owls Motor lodge. The service is awful, he used to disable keys and demand the payment for the next weeks altogether. Secondly, the conditions of rooms and facilities and totally terrible. So, stay away from both hotels. They may even demand more money to keep your reservation alive the day before your arrival. I couldn't dare when he started to yell at me, and I left the hotel even though I had paid for the next several days. That's the worst experience I have gone through in the US.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled solo
7  Thank Uzlux
Reviewed 14 October 2013

Found this room on Expedia so they charged my credit card. Got to town and couldn't find the hotel because we booked at the Econo Lodge. Couldn't see street numbers on building. I called to see where they were located. They became Econo Lodge 2 weeks but have never put up the new sign that is sitting in front of the hotel. The hotel does not work with Expedia so they charged my card again (at least it was less cost) I then had to call Expedia for them to work out the problem and credit back my card. The room was standard. My husband had to fix the running toilet, the ice machine did not work so had to go to the lobby and use their desk top. 2nd night there was not ice. Bathroom is very outdated - but plenty of hot water. When I first sat on the mattress I thought "wow - a nice soft bed" but later found out it was just worn out. Outside is dirty and needs lots of cleaning. I would not stay here again unless on a VERY strick budget.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple