We spent the weekend up in Estes Park for my sister's 40th birthday and the town is EXPENSIVE! We stopped at two other motels that were both charging around $100 / night which was above our budget. The Coyote had a sign that read $59 so we stopped.
This property is a total throwback to the good ol' days of road tripping in the station wagon and it's great! The staff was really friendly, unlike the other two places we checked, the lobby and office are newly remodeled. They explained that there are new owners and that they are remodeling the the motel rooms as well.
We checked a few rooms and they were all very quaint and clean. The two rooms we rented were great, very comfortable mattresses, very clean. Sure, it's nostalgic but both of our rooms had new bathrooms, pretty much everything was new. My understanding is that there were even cheaper rooms that were not remodeled but they were all taken.
I read some of the other reviews before writing this and all I can say is that if you're on a budget and are not willing to spend $100 per night you should be happy that there's an alternative in Estes Park.
Oh and they have a great hot tub that was perfect after our cold hike.
I really think that the best park was the friendly staff. Believe it or not, the other front desk people at the other more expensive motels were rude and unfriendly. The Coyote was down to earth, cozy, real and homey as was the price. We'll stay there again for sure.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- UPDATE: Thank you all for your feedback! We have recently completely overhauled and replaced our WiFi system with institutional-grade WiFi. It works amazing - come check it out! --------------------------------------- VOTED BEST BUDGET MOTEL IN ESTES PARK! If you're looking for the right place to stay in Estes Park that offers clean and comfortable rooms while not breaking the bank, then you've come to the right place. We are quite often priced at 50% below the price of our neighboring motels while still offering air conditioning, heated pool, hot tub and free Wi-Fi. If you're looking for the best lodging value in Estes Park then look no further and book early. We keep our prices low by selling-out quickly. We hope to see you soon and have you as our guest! --------------------------------------- Imagine resting and relaxing on your special vacation, enjoying the majestic peaks of Rocky Mountain National Park in the background. Coyote Mountain Lodge is the place to be enjoying the cool mountain breeze as you unwind from that day of hiking in the park. We are located on the north side of Lake Estes. We have 39 hotel rooms, hot tub, heated swimming pool, playground, grills, picnic tables, free wireless internet access and we offer complimentary coffee and other hot beverages in the morning for our guests. Coyote Mountain Lodge accepts pets and is a non-smoking facility. Upgraded rooms have microwaves and refrigerators. We have a banquet/reunion room that can hold up to 120 people. There is a large deck that overlooks the peaks of the National Park. Catering is available. Coyote Mountain Lodge is surrounded by activities for our guests to enjoy. Activities include boating and fishing on Lake Estes, golf, horseback riding, hiking, shopping, dining, putt putt golf, go carts, rafting, and visiting Rocky Mountain National Park with its 400 miles of hiking trails and awesome drives to the tundra on the top of the continental divide. When visiting Estes Park you will find that your visit is never long enough. We would love to have you stay with us. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, TripOnline SA, Evoline ltd and Ebookers so you can book your Coyote Mountain Lodge reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Bighorn Mountain Hotel Estes Park
- Bighorn Mountain Motel
- Coyote Mountain Lodge Estes Park, CO