“Wonderful stay”

Coyote Mountain Lodge
Ranked #17 of 29 Hotels in Estes Park
Reviewed 25 February 2014

I love this hotel. The rooms are small but I don't go to Estes to sit in a hotel. The staff is friendly and go out of their way to make sure your comfortable!! Only place I'll stay when in Estes Park!

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple
Discovery_Staff, Guest Relations Manager at Coyote Mountain Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded 26 February 2014

Thank you for your great review! Our staff is happy to help in anyway they can and appreciate your complements. We hope to see you again soon!

Reviewed 17 February 2014

The staff was very friendly and helpful. The room was clean and comfortable. Having a microwave and refrigerator allowed us to cook and eat our meals in the room instead of going out. We were very happy with the new decor throughout the room.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
4  Thank Ann K
Discovery_Staff, Guest Relations Manager at Coyote Mountain Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded 19 February 2014

Thank you for your great review! Our friendly staff is happy to help in anyway they can and appreciate your complements. We hope you stay with us again soon!

Reviewed 13 February 2014

What a great place !!! Dog friendly, nice people at the front desk. The room was clean & very quaint!!! Parking right in front of your room. Super easy access to RMNP & Estes Park. Will stay again in the near future !!!

Room Tip: I had a room at the end away from the road, was super quiet!! Could see a herd of Elk from my windo...
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled solo
2  Thank judadams7
Discovery_Staff, Manager at Coyote Mountain Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded 17 February 2014

Thank you for submitting your review. It means a lot to us that you found the time out of your busy day to write it and we truly appreciate it. We are glad that you had the chance to see a herd of elk out of your room. That is a very memorable experience, especially in February. Normally they come around September and then you can see them every day, I dare to say, it is guaranteed. But in the winter time...well,not so often:)
Once again, thank you and we look forward to serving you in the future.

Reviewed 26 January 2014

The people who work at this hotel are saints! I rolled in to town and had car trouble. It was a special trip with my teenage daughter who is going off to college soon... one of our last adventures before college.

The employees did everything and more to help me with transportation. I am still paying forward what they did for us. I will never stay another place in Estes Park. Hotel was great, very clean, great heat in rooms... very warm on below zero days.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled with family
Discovery_Staff, Public Relations Manager at Coyote Mountain Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded 31 January 2014

Thank you so much for your awesome review!

We try our hardest to help our guests in any way we possibly can and are glad we could help you out! We hope you had a wonderful time with your daughter and come back soon!

Reviewed 25 January 2014 via mobile

This place is a great value. We stayed in an updated king room with fridge and a microwave. We have two Siberian huskies who enjoy traveling with us and this motel caters to pets. The only reason for 4 stars is the bed and pillows were too firm for me. I had a hard time sleeping (and, I rarely have a problem sleeping). My husband was fine with the bed and pillows, and he is usually picky about such things. Go figure. Safeway is about a mile down the road.

Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank EnvChemFroggie
Discovery_Staff, Guest Relations Manager at Coyote Mountain Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded 31 January 2014

Thank you for your great review!

We love dogs and encourage our guests to bring them along! We're glad they had a great time too!
I'm sorry the bed was too firm for you, we have may different guests with many different preferences and it's hard to choose beds that please everyone. We hope you come stay with us again and we will do our best to give you a room more to your comfort.

Reviewed 21 January 2014

I held the reception for my wedding at the Coyote Mountain Lodge. The people we met initially were friendly and accommodating. Their only requirements were that we had no loud music playing after 10 pm, and that the reception was cleaned up by the next day.

After we booked it became a nightmare. Management switched multiple times. Guests were booked in the rooms above the reception hall. Staff yelled at my family in front of our guests and made us start cleaning up our wedding by 9 pm so that we would be out of the reception hall by 10. It was really fun making everyone leave and cleaning up in my wedding dress after only a few dances. But, as my family accidentally left my dress in the closet of their hotel room after my new husband and I left and we returned to find staff TRYING IT ON and switching it around so they could all wear it, I suppose it would have been ruined anyway.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
2  Thank Anacd0
Discovery_Staff, Owner at Coyote Mountain Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded 24 January 2014

Hello! Thank you for your valued feedback. We are careful to read every review and take all input very seriously. We are sorry that you didn't have the best experience holding your event here at the Coyote!

At first I thought your event was held recently but I see now that it was in August. We have since replaced the staff you encountered with friendly, proactive, well trained conscientious professionals. As soon as we realized that the manager and housekeepers who worked in the summer were not up to our standards, they were let go.

We absolutely value customer service as our number one priority and strive to have the best, friendliest staff in Estes Park. I will share your review with our current staff to see how we can improve our performance in the future!

Thank you.

Reviewed 6 January 2014

We had a group of four stay in the 2 bedroom, 2 bath condo. It was very spacious, updated and comfortable space. The kitchen had modern appliances and we cooked every meal while we were there. There is a Safeway about a mile down the road. The hot tub was nice and hot and felt amazing after a day of snowshoeing. the only thing that would improve our experience would be a better equipped kitchen. There were no dish towels, only one frying pan, no can opener and minimal glassware. Everything else was great. I would definitely stay here again, especially for the price and the close proximity to Denver.

Room Tip: The JAC1 condo was very spacious and great for couples. 2 beds, 2 bath.
  • Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Terry D

Thank you for your nice informative review!

We appreciate any information we can use to improve our Lodge. After reading your review we immediately remedied the issues you mentioned. If we would of known of these issues during your stay we would of been happy to provide you with the items mentioned!

We hope to have you stay with us again soon!