“perfect!”
Review of Colorado Cottages

Colorado Cottages
Reviewed 23 August 2014

Cottages are located in the perfect place...close to the entrance of RMNP, walking distance to several restaurants, laundry mat, and grocery store. Wildlife EVERYWHERE! The owners could NOT have been any nicer or accommodating! If the cottage didn't have it (which it had everything) they offered to get it! Every evening they would make a fire and have smores for all of the guests to come and visit. That was very nice...in most hotels/lodging everyone stays to themselves...this had a completely different atmosphere. I would not hesitate returning or recommending this place. We stayed for 5 nights...very nice and relaxing!

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank s1williams

Reviewed 16 August 2014

As I was traveling alone to Estes Park I did not want to stay in a hotel. And by chance I could make reservations at the Collorado Cottages.
The location is on the right sight of Estes Park. So when you come back from RMNP you don t have to go through the traffic during the Summer. The second night I had to change cottage. When I came back from a hike the owners had moved all my luggage. Very good service.
I immediately felt at home! I really recommend Collorado Cottages to the people who like to be in a quiet surrounding and not in the middle of Estes Park.
Jared and Kim are very friendly and service minded.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled solo
livinginestes, Owner at Colorado Cottages, responded to this reviewResponded 5 October 2014

Thank you so much for your positive feedback - we are so happy to read that you enjoyed your stay with us and found your cottage clean and comfortable! We truly enjoyed meeting you and hope you can visit again!

Reviewed 11 August 2014

I was very ecstatic to see reasonable pricing at Colorado Cottages. When I saw what I got for my money, my jaw hit the floor. Owners, Jared & Kim, have created a charming and comfortable retreat! The cottages are adorable, cleaner than any mountain hotel, and have more amenities than I could use in a weekend! It is a home away from home! Stocked with a fireplace, fridge, microwave, stove, tv, DVD player, fans, extra blankets, extra pillows, coffee maker, books, movies, dishes... it was more than anticipated!!! That is just the interior of the cabin. Each cabin had private seating outside and both a gas and charcoal grill. There is a nice playground with a sandbox for children, hot tub for relaxing after long hikes in the Park, a horseshoe pit, a bonfire every night for making s'mores, and a serene water feature in the garden. I fell in love with the cabins, had great conversations with the friendly owners, and (as I mentioned earlier) was thrilled with the price! I can't wait to go back; thanks Jared & Kim!

• Stayed: August 2014
1  Thank Randynshellmack

We are so happy to read that you enjoyed your stay at Colorado Cottages and you found cottage to be so clean and well appointed! We really enjoyed meeting you and chatting during our campfire! We hope you have an opportunity to visit Estes Park and our cottages again soon!

Reviewed 3 August 2014

Our 1st visit to RMNP and we found colorado cottages on trip adivisor. The cottages are very clean and we enjoyed the flexiblity of cooking our own meals. Jared and Kim, the new owners, are very gracious and tend to every need. Location was excellent, easy access to laundry, market, and RMNP, yet removed from downtown Estes Park. My family enjoyed the hot tob, smores, horse shoes, and the free movie slection. We stayed in the Hummingbird, and "hopped" to one of the other cabins due to availabilty. Dollar for Dollar, you cannot go wrong with Colorado cottages! A true gem, with great accessibitly! One note, bring your own pillow if you are picky and extra blankets due to cool evenings.(no a/c, not an issue in july) Great Stay!

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
3  Thank Kathy M
Reviewed 31 July 2014

I was extremely satisfied with my 2 nights stay at this place. Wood lily or blue bird would be perfect for 2 people. They have a BBQ grill for each cottages, and they have a common jacuzzi in the middle of the property, I saw some people enjoying in it :)
Also, they have a little bonfire in the evenings for people to come and gather, like a small socializing event. The staff/owners were very very nice people, and I would definitely recommend this place to anyone who wants to visit the Rocky mountains.

Also, Estes park downtown is a few miles away and it's a very interesting place to go for shopping/dining/etc.

1  Thank Nirvani_9
Reviewed 23 July 2014

We visited Rocky Mountain National Park and this was our base camp. We had a great experience here. We stayed in cottage #11 chickadee. This was a cute and cozy cottage with everything we possibly needed. There was a room with a queen size bed in the front and then the living room with dining table and kitchen area. The bathroom was off the kitchen. This cottage feels very spacious and bright, and is very comfortable. There was a futon and a t.v., and a full kitchen which was great for cooking our own meals. Everything was decorated in a moose theme which fit perfectly with the surroundings. The bathroom was small but very functional. I never felt there was anything missing in the bathroom as well as in the rest of the cottage. The owners are very nice and plan on making renovations and improvements which will make this place even better. There is a picnic table and a charcoal grill outside. We saw elk and hummingbirds around our cabin every morning which made the experience feel like we were in a fairy tale. I highly recommend these cottages to couples and families visiting the area. We plan on coming back to this place some time soon.

Room Tip: all rooms have kitchens