“Great for people with Pets!”

Sunnyside Knoll Resort
Pueblo, CO
“Great for people with Pets!”
Reviewed 10 November 2012

We stayed in Cabin #6 with our two dogs. The cabin was very clean, roomy and made us feel at home. We had a private outside hot tub that was perfect when it was snowing. The staff was very friendly. We highly recommend!

• Stayed October 2012, travelled as a couple

Business
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (23)
Greeley, Colorado
Reviewed 29 October 2012

we had suite 15. was suppose to be hot tub suite the tub was cold, jets didn't work, knobs were broke off after this was discovered we got to looking arond and the place was truey filthy dust every where, stained carpet, dirty dishes.............. it could go on and on.

• Stayed October 2012, travelled as a couple
6 Thank doofnbunky
richmond
Reviewed 17 October 2012

Really nice place, and really nice area to stay in. Room was clean, but needed some long overdo maintenance- the screen door stuck, the faucet on the Jacuzzi was messed up. There was no AC, which was fine, except for the first night which was really hot. Other than that, it is quaint, romantic, and the staff was very friendly.

• Stayed June 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Robert R
Topeka, Kansas
Reviewed 27 September 2012

My husband and I recently stayed for 6 nights in the Deluxe Spa Suite 18. Overall we thought the suite was nice and enjoyed our stay. The furnishings are very updated, it was decorated very nicely and the jetted tub is very nice! On their website it says the tub is for two but it is a lot more spacious than that. It is huge! It also has a nice light fixture above it that is on a dimmer so you can adjust the lighting. The bathroom is really nice, it was clean and the towels they provide are very soft. The bathroom vanity is really big and has a lot of drawers you can put your items in. Also, the bathroom has a control on the wall that you can set to make it warmer in there for when you get out of the shower. The gas fireplace was nice to have on chilly mornings and worked well. The ceiling fan in the room was stuck on the high setting when we got there but after we brought the problem to the owner's attention they fixed it immediately and it was really nice to have, especially since the room does not have air conditioning. They also have a box fan in the room which came in handy for cooling the room off in the evenings before we went to bed. I also enjoyed that there are a lot of large windows in the room. The deck was nice as well. It was pretty well secluded to where hardly anyone else could see you from their cabins. It had a small table with two chairs so my husband and I sat out there on several occassions. It also had a gas grill but we did not use it so I can't comment on it. The surroundings are beautiful- there are a lot of trees, rocky hills, etc. We saw some very pretty birds and one day we saw a group of turkeys walking around behind our deck in the rocky area. There were some things we were disappointed about in the room that I thought I'd mention. This included the bed, the window coverings, the WiFi and that we could sometimes hear our neighbors in Suite 19. I really liked that the bed was king sized but it was a lot more firm than I prefer. To me it was hard and it was difficult for me to get comfortable. I am used to sleeping on a mattress that is soft to begin with and then it also has a 1 1/2 inch memory foam topper on it so that might be why though. The window coverings were vertical blinds (as you can see in the pictures on their website) and they are worn out. They didn't close all of the way very well without hassling a lot with them. We brought this to the owner's attention and he mentioned that they got pretty beat up this summer and it sounded like he was going to be attending to the matter soon. Also, as much as I loved the big windows, the ones at the very top on the front side of the suite did not have any coverings. To many people that probably isn't a big deal, however, I usually sleep with black out blinds so it was bothersome to me to not be able to cover them up at night. Regarding the WiFi--the resort offers free WiFi, however, it did not work very well in suite 18 and sometimes not at all if we were inside the suite. If we were setting out on the deck it seemed to work pretty well though. The walls that seperate the bathrooms in suite 18 and 19 are pretty thin also. When I was in the bathroom I could hear the people in their suite talking and making noise if they were in their bathroom at the same time. It was awkward but only happened a couple of times.
Overall we enjoyed the room, I feel the pros outweigh the cons, and would recommend it as long as the things I mentioned above would not be bothersome to you.

• Stayed September 2012, travelled as a couple
Reedsburg, Wisconsin
Reviewed 15 July 2012

Pet friendly with amazing views. We stayed in the 2 bedroom cabin (#17) and had my wife's parents with us along with my 2 boys and our dog. The cabin is a bit worn but is easy to relax in. Full kitchen so you don't have to order off a menu the whole time you're in Estes. Private hot tub was really really cool as well. Got up close and personnal to some Elk on Marmont Ridge. The cost shouldn't surprise you, it's a resort town.

All that being said, the best part of this property is the customer service. The people that run this place are as nice and accomodating as it gets. We would definitly recommend this place to anyone wanting an excellent escape to Estes Park.

• Stayed July 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank Clark_W_Grisswold
Colorado Springs, Colorado
Reviewed 24 June 2012

My husband and I stayed here for our anniversary. Overall, we loved the place. We did find a rose petal behind the nightstand ( as we were plugging in our cell phone charger) and there was a slight ring around the jacuzzi hot tub (which I wish hadn't been there). The sheets were clean. Room had a color tv and DVD player. Wifi connection was almost nonexistent though. Great scenery...good location. Very peaceful.

Room Tip: Cabin 15 is really nice and spacious
  • Stayed May 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Kim D
St. Louis, MO
Reviewed 11 May 2012

We stayed here for a long weekend getaway and absolutely loved it! The pictures do not even do this justice. It was a wonderful and romantic getaway for my boyfriend and me. The views from the cabin was excellent. There was snow throughout the first night there and the roads were well maintained and we never had an issue. We stayed in cabin 15 and loved it. We were worried at first that it being attached to another cabin, we would hear them but we didn't hear a thing, it's very quiet! We both maintained excellent cell phone service anywhere in the cabin! It was a great choice! Highly recommended. The owners were a joy as well! We will be back!

• Stayed November 2011, travelled as a couple