Wind River Christian Family Dude Ranch
Discovery Lodge(Estes Park)(Great Value!)
US$84
Silver Moon Inn(Estes Park)(Great Value!)
US$170
Murphy's River Lodge(Estes Park)(Great Value!)
US$132
Blue Door Inn(Estes Park)(Great Value!)
US$111
US$106
Official Site
Stanley Hotel(Estes Park)(Great Value!)
US$253
US$208
Groupon.com
  • Restaurant
The Haber Motel(Estes Park)(Great Value!)
US$129
Murphy's Resort at Estes Park(Estes Park)(Great Value!)
US$104
StoneBrook Resort(Estes Park)(Great Value!)
US$149
Deer Crest Resort(Estes Park)(Great Value!)
US$109
Official Site
The Maxwell Inn(Estes Park)(Great Value!)
US$99
All reviewszip linefamily vacationhorseback ridinglong's peakgod's creationheaven and earthfaith basedhead wranglerheated pool and hot tubcouples retreatviews are breathtakinga wonderful vacationwranglersservantsministryfiresideaccommodations
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 3 July 2012

I just spend my first week ever at Wind River, and I'm completely in love with the place. The cabins are quaint, comfortable, and clean. The food is ridiculously delicious - like, 'how is this so good?' delicious. The staff is incredible - absolutely welcoming and inspiring and encouraging. The atmosphere is so peaceful, but all you have to do is walk to the barn or ropes course or nearby trailheads for a little adventure.

I'm so thankful that I got to spend a week at WWR to realign my heart with God and spend some time with absolutely wonderful people. I encourage you to give it a try! You won't be sorry!

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank Emily D
Reviewed 9 January 2012

I just finished booking what will be our 7th summer at Wind River Ranch. We start planning our annual trip to the ranch the day we get home! The staff are wonderful and the cabins are great. Their chef is amazing - I have never eaten that well at sea level - let alone 9,000 feet!

Don, Nick, and Rob make sure that everyone feels like the ranch is there just for them. We have a special needs son and this is the one week of the year that from the second we get out of the car Sunday afternoon to when we get in Saturday morning to go home we don't have to spend one second worrying about him. Somebody either has him down at the barn, brushing a horse, or playing basketball. Cowboy Nick (the head wrangler) pays special attention to Hunter every year and makes sure that he has just the perfect horse for him!

Wind River is different than other guest ranches you may have gone to. The horses are all owned by WWR and as such the quality of the animals is much higher than a place that may just rent horses for the season. Also, there is a consistency between the horses and the guests - e.g. I have had the same horse for the last 4 years. The ranch is historic and the staff does everything they can to maintain that history while adding all the comforts you want inside the cabins. Recently they have added a heated pool with a hot tub that gets a lot of use after a long ride or hike!!

This is our favorite week of the year - I can't wait to get back up there!

Room Tip: Every cabin is unique - you just need to come enough times to try them all!
  • Stayed: July 2011, travelled with family
3  Thank Darrell H
Reviewed 6 January 2012

Our family has vacationed at Wind River Ranch the last two summers and it was amazing! We are former dude ranch managers and Wind River Ranch is truly a special place. We probably have a more critical eye than the average guest and we feel Wind River Ranch is a top-notch ranch with a top-notch program. Both years, we experienced an amazing staff! It was a pleasure getting to know these young people with such amazing hearts to serve the Lord. The children's programs are wonderful and the Adult bible studies and fellowship are equally spectacular! One of our family members is terminally ill and Wind River's love for our family was amazing! The Ranch holds a very special place in our families heart. If you are going through touch times or just need to reconnect to family, nature or God, Wind River is the answer!

• Stayed: June 2011, travelled with family
2  Thank CCowgirl G
Reviewed 21 September 2011

Exquisite service; incredible vistas; pampered; great food. But don't come for all of those. Come for the peace that will settle into the depths of your soul. Burn-out is how almost all of us live all the time. Then the REAL stress times come: divorce; death of a close family member or friend; that over-the-top project we had to deliver; loss of job. Few places truly exist to rekindle; recharge; refurbish; relax. I just returned from my fifth visit in 13 years to Wind River. Sadly, I did return with one major regret: I wish it had been from my 13th visit in 13 years. Don and his crew are solely there for you ( and me ) in a place so beautiful, only God could create it. by Lobo, MS, CPA; AUG 2011

Room Tip: Cabins vary -- and can be matched to your need. Call WELL ahead if dates are important; but, because many do, very last minute emergency cancellations are part of life, so may get you in. We got in literally the day the week started -- to a fully booked week -- because of a last second cancellation. I could add photos; my wife did an incredible job documenting -- but web site has plenty to tease and tempt.
  • Stayed: August 2011, travelled as a couple
2  Thank LoboCPA1
Reviewed 1 September 2011

We took a family vacation at the Wind River Dude Ranch and had a wonderful time. The location was breathtaking and it helped us take a step back from the rat race of life. The staff loved to serve and I have never seen such a hard working group. They worked so hard but did it with a smile and a positive attitude. This was our first visit to the ranch but it won't be our last. After the 2nd day on the ranch we signed up for next year. This is the first vacation we have ever taken where we did not want to return home. The was the best vacation we have ever had and we have had some good one. This was an "Awesome Experience".

Room Tip: Book Early
  • Stayed: August 2011, travelled with family