“Heaven on Earth”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Wind River Christian Family Dude Ranch
White Bear Lake, Minnesota
“Heaven on Earth”
Reviewed 19 September 2012

Wind River Ranch is one of the most beautiful places that I have ever seen. It is nestled between Long's Peak and Twin Sisters, in a beautiful Valley. My Husband and I were amazed by the incredible staff, great food, our lovely cabin and the best horses! Our cabin was a deluxe, 2 bedroom cabin that was very clean and surpassed our expectations. The food was exceptional, with desert offered at every meal!My favorite meal was the steak dinner on our last night. The horses are very gentle and well trained. They are not your typical trail horses, they are very responsive to commands.The wranglers allowed me to help brush and unsaddle the horses. The trail rides were awesome, but my favorite activity was team -penning! God is evident everywhere, and the staff are truly servants. We enjoyed the daily worship and especially the devotional time on our lunch ride. DO NOT miss Cowboy Nicks testimony, it is incredible!! There are no TV's and limited cell phones, so I really felt that I was in another time. This was my dream vacation that I have been researching and planning for many years. I am so glad that the Lord led me to Wind River, I was not disappointed! The only problem is that I now am addicted, and feel pulled to return next year!

• Stayed September 2012, travelled as a couple
3 Thank tupperconnie

Solo
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (41)
Mequon, Wisconsin
Reviewed 12 September 2012

This was our 3rd trip to Wind River Ranch. The best family experience ever! Great staff who really loved the kids, terrific food, awesome location, and a fun time getting to know the other families. The management is always available and looking to serve. To top it off, the horse program is second to none! Absolutely the best wranglers anywhere! We are just now healed from the bruises of riding so much! We are already booked for next summer.

1 Thank Tim4cpc
So. California
Reviewed 6 September 2012

We keep coming back every summer because we all love it! My kids love the horses. My husband loves the food, fun, and atmosphere. I love the horses, scenery, and not having to cook or clean for a week! The ranch is so safe and my kids are so familiar with the property now that we don't worry about where they are or who they are with. The staff is top-notch and super friendly and helpful. These are all benefits to staying at a Christian ranch. Everyone is like family.

Room Tip: With small kids, lower cabins nearer to pool main ranch buildings would be best.
Houston, TX
Reviewed 29 August 2012

We've had 2 vacations at WRR (summer of 2008, when kids were 3 & 1, and summer of 2012, when kids are 7 & 5). Both times were truly wonderful family vacations! The folks at Wind River Ranch could not be more accommodating, gracious, Christ-centered, and welcoming. Especially with young kids, this is a great family experience because there are loving, responsible, fun young adults that take care of your kids during the mornings, and are available just about every afternoon to do activities on an ad-hoc basis with your kids. We really value the balance between family time and couple time that you get on a vacation like this. The trail rides are so much fun (even if you aren't an expert horse rider --- we certainly aren't).

Room Tip: All the rooms are great
Northbrook, Illinois
Reviewed 11 August 2012

This was our sixth year at Wind River Ranch (WWR). I love this place! There is something special about a staff (that is mostly volunteers) who care for guests and their children. While each year I continue to see improvements in the accommodations as the stewards spend the winters updating bathrooms and other cabin amenities, the biggest changes I have seen are in my family. I have seen my children growing in their faith in God and growing in boldness for the beautiful people that they are. They have gained confidence from climbing rockwalls and riding horses, and they have grown closer to their Creator. With my highest endorsement, I recommend this place of peace.

Room Tip: The elevation of the ranch is over 9000 feet, and altitude sickness can affect many in your party...
1 Thank DeaOnVacation
Dallas, Texas
Reviewed 10 August 2012

Our week at Wind River could not have been better. Every moment from arrival until departure was filled with friends, joy, fellowship and laughter. The kids had a great time with the horses and new friends. The kids activities were fun and the activities for the adults were a wonderful mix of family group activities with time for relaxation and reflection. Our kids are excited about next year and we plan to bring friends. It was truly a fantastic family vacation.

Room Tip: Visit the website to rre-select that cabin that is perfect for your family
Denver, Colorado
Reviewed 7 August 2012

As a single mom, WRR provided a restful and rejuvenating vaction for me and an unforgettable adventure for my 11 year old son. I was welcomed, included and never alienated because I was there without a spouse. Having a break from cooking for a week also proved to be a real joy for me!

My son is a typical city kid that is growing up with a constant wariness about his surroundings. At WRR, he had the freedom and autonomy he craves to explore, run, and experience independence and freedom that he doesn't have at home. He lived the live of Huckleberry Finn for a week and could not have been happier.

The staff was outstanding and took the time to listen and engage with the guests in a manner that is unusual in today's lifestyles. This was immensely encouraging to me. Thank you for an restful and regenerating vacation WRR!

• Stayed June 2012, travelled with family