“A vacation you will never forget”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Wind River Christian Family Dude Ranch
Ashburn, Virginia
“A vacation you will never forget”
Reviewed 7 July 2014

If you are looking for something different than your average beach vacation or just another hotel, Wind River ranch is an excellent choice. All the reviews before mine are spot on. Kids make instant friends and don't mind that there is no TV or electronics. All they want to do is go outside and play with their new friends, take hikes, ride horses, go to the pool, etc. The wranglers (Nick is exceptional) are excellent and want you to ride as much as you want. My six year old got a couple lessons to augment the 6 individuals lessons I got him at home and he was ready to hit the trails. I also have a nine year old that also had zero issues on the trail rides. All of the horses were great and well mannered.

The scenery was great with incredible views of Longs Peak. The cabins were very nice and comfortable and the food was above our expectations.

The best part of the Wind River is the staff. Everyone is super friendly and made everyone feel like family. While this is a Christian ranch and everyone is of strong faith, if you are a Chreaster, there is no pressure. With that said - I think anyone would get a lot out of all the activities, including the devotionals (which are optional).

The week we stayed, there were quite a few families that has been there before (some up to 5-8 times), a good testament to how much people enjoy coming year after year.

If you want to get a sense of the place, watch the weekly videos on their website.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family

Solo
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (43)
Dawsonville, Georgia
Reviewed 7 July 2014

OUR HOME AWAY FROM HOME!
In 2001, I was trying to find a place that would allow my wife, kids & myself a time to slow down & grow together. We ventured to Wind River Ranch in Estes Park, CO. Now it is 13 years later and life-long friends have been made, Long's Peak has been climbed, great hikes & horseback rides, fantastic kids & teen programs. Also,the staff every year is selfless & driven ... Hard to find a place that you become friends with the guests and staff - we all get replenished while here! What a special place on earth. By far - our favorite place to go every year!

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
Aurora
Reviewed 26 June 2014

Wind river ranch was wonderful! We were overwhelmed ten minutes after pulling onto the property. The staff were absolutely amazing and treated us like royalty. The food was incredible and all the horse back riding and activities were just what we needed! I highly recommend wind river ranch!

• Stayed June 2014
Spring, Texas
Reviewed 20 June 2014

My husband and I are a young couple, and we desperately needed to get away from work and all the demands life brings! I had visited Wind River Ranch about 15 years ago with my family, and had gone back on staff about 10 years ago. It was the first time I had been back in 10 years, and it still felt like home. The ranch is nestled in the mountains, and there were beautiful peaks every direction we looked. It was a much needed time of rest and relaxation as we didn't have to worry about cooking (the food there kept our bellies full all day, every day) or cleaning (our luxurious cabin was cleaned for us every day). We met families from all over and enjoyed relaxing with them. We also took time for ourselves and went golfing and white water rafting in places that weren't too far away. We were able to go on hikes up mountains and around lakes. The staff is incredibly selfless and did everything under the sun to make our trip as enjoyable as possible. It was my husband's first trip to Wind River Ranch, and I know that it more than met his expectations. We can't wait to go back!

Room Tip: Book early! These weeks fill up!!
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
Tyler, Texas
Reviewed 16 June 2014

As you can tell from every other review of Wind River Ranch this is a special place. We just got home from our third third trip to Wind River and it was amazing! Next year is already booked. The location: The ranch sits just outside of Estes Park with awe inspiring unobstructed views of Longs Peak. The ranch is an easy drive from Denver Airport. The accommodation: You stay in cabins that are a cross between vintage log structures and Four Seasons Resort rooms. The log cabins are true to the Rocky Mountain surroundings but with marble and slate bathrooms, luxury bedding, rustic furniture and private decks with willow branch rocking chairs shaded by aspen and spruce trees. The food: You eat in an elegant rustic log dinning hall with stained glass windows. The meals are top notch from big hearty breakfast to steaks, pan seared scallops, stuffed pork chops, etc… The staff: They all have true hearts of service. Tending to your every need to make sure your stay with them is nothing less than wonderful. Daily housekeeping, babysitting if needed, experienced wranglers for horseback lessons and trail rides and the staff has excellent advice on hikes in Rocky Mountain Park, rafting trips, fly fishing, etc… The staff will become like family before your trip is up! Also the climbing wall, zip line and heated swimming pool are a big plus with the kids.
At Wind River Ranch your spirit will be renewed, lifted and overflowing!

Room Tip: Book early cabins go fast because most everyone returns.
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
San Juan Capistrano, California
Reviewed 1 October 2013

My son and i were to have spent a week for the single mom's and children's week but when we flew into Colorado my son just didn't seem right the next day he spent all day in bed so the so we took him to urgent care the following day only to find out he had pneumonia and so bad that he needed to be admitted to the sky ridge hospital. I called Wind River Ranch as soon as I knew how sick he was and that we were in the hospital in CO and wouldn't get to visit them. They were so kind they called me two times while we were in the hospital to check to see if we needed anything and checking on my son's condition. I was so saddened by the storm and what happened at Estes Park pretty much weeks after we left that i returned the favor and called to see how they were. I received my deposit in the mail along with a note asking how were. So, even though we haven't been to WWR as soon as they are up and going we will be there because they showed sincerity, humanity, and christian spirit.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled with family
6 Thank Shannon C
Litchfield Park, Arizona
Reviewed 19 September 2013

Our family has been to Wind River Ranch every summer for the last 8 years and each year we come away saying, "This was the best year ever!" When we started going our five kids were all young. WRR was the first true vacation experience we had had since kids -- we had taken a lot of "trips", but the trips always seemed to be more trouble than just staying at home...always counting heads, making sure all were still with us, trying to prepare meals in a small kitchenette, etc. Wind River Ranch is not just a true vacation -- a place to relax and enjoy amazing meals, fun activities, and an awesome view. The small camp setting offers a great atmosphere to bond with other families and the amazing staff and also to reflect on our spiritual lives and allow the Lord to speak to us. Some of my favorite activities are the hikes and the square dance. My kids also love riding the horses, of course. Come to Wind River Ranch! It will be a decision that will make for a lifetime of wonderful memories.

Room Tip: Book early because the cabins go fast. Explain your family situation to Becky or Molly in the office...
  • Stayed July 2013, travelled with family