“"Slice of Heaven"”

Loveland Heights Cottages
Colorado Springs, Colorado
“"Slice of Heaven"”
Reviewed 6 July 2013

"As we express our gratitude, we must never forget that the highest appreciation is not to utter words, but to live by them."

For the past 18 years, it has been our tradition to travel to Estes, and stay at Loveland Heights. "Our cabin" is a place we call home, and the owner is equivalent to family. The river is peaceful, captivating, and appealing for play and lifelong photo op's. My journals are saturated with an overflow of heart string moments that render emotional ties to all that is offered here.
If you or your family enjoys an embracing, cozy and natural atmosphere to relax and build memories, then make the cottages a part of your ritual. You won't regret it....we haven't:).

• Stayed July 2013, travelled with family
3 Thank SugarBea
lovelandheights, Owner at Loveland Heights Cottages, responded to this review, 20 July 2013
Thank you my friend for a wonderful review. 18 years, just emagine. Are we getting a "little Older" or what. It is very special to have someone love your place so much that they return every year for 18 years. The cottages have been your home away from home for so many years that you are like extended family to us. I miss our evenings sitting out on the swing chatting about everything and anything.

Some of our guests come to the cottages and just want the solitude to sit on their decks and mellow out . You are that way part of the time and then you come up to the office and we hang out on the porch swing.

We have many guests that return year after year. We look forward to seeing each and everone of you each year. You are a special one,

SEE YOU IN 2014

Business
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (70)
guthrie center
Reviewed 6 July 2013

We just returned home after a 3 night stay at Loveland Heights Cottages on June 24-27, 2013.
What my wife and I enjoyed the most with this stay and prior ones is the scenery, the sound of the Big Thompson river and the hospitality extended to us and our grandchildren who where along on this trip. The cabins are rustic but very clean, the appliances worked just fine, and the bedrooms were comfortable for the 4 of us.
We hope to be able to bring the whole family with us to Loveland Heights when we return next June to vacation in the Rockies. We have have stayed in a different cabin each trip and they all been satisfactory for us

• Stayed June 2013, travelled with family
Avondale, Arizona
Reviewed 4 July 2013

We spent the second week of June at the A-frame. Lovely inside and out. Loved sitting on the balcony and watching the river and wildlife. Fell asleep listening to the sound of the river. Nice and close to Rocky Mountain National Park where we went hiking and biking all week. So relaxing. Bev and her family were friendly and attentive to our needs. Would definitely return in the future!

• Stayed June 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank Bev K
Reviewed 1 July 2013 via mobile

I'd come back in a flash. I loved the deck over the water, the quaintness, the quietness. It's close enough to shop or sightsee, but secluded enough to not feel cramped by cars & tourists. If you like to fish, relax, shop, sightsee, enjoy nature, be surrounded by majestic mountains, try Loveland Heights. It's absolutely amazing. I had a wonderful vacation & hope I can come back at some point again.

• Stayed June 2013
1 Thank Bubbleslinger
lovelandheights, Owner at Loveland Heights Cottages, responded to this review, 16 July 2013
Thank You very much. Its visitors like you that make all the hard work worth while. We love this place and are very pleased when our customers feel the same. Please try and come back and see us some day.
Reviewed 28 June 2013

We would like to thank Bev and her family; they have done a wonderful job. The cabin was very clean, homey feel, spacious, relaxing and perfectly accomodated our family. The Big Thompson river is out the back door such a beautiful view and a deck to enjoy it on (chairs and a picnic table provided). They provide blankets, dishes, pots n pans,dish soap, towels, washclothes, dish towels, trash can liners, Wi-Fi, coffee pots, toasters, grills you name it they more than likely have it. The only downfall they do not allow pets but there are kennels in the surrounding area. I have to say there wasnt animal duty to step in and no barking so it was nice.
So for a relaxing get away i would highly recommend staying here.

• Stayed June 2013
lovelandheights, Owner at Loveland Heights Cottages, responded to this review, 29 June 2013
You win the BLUE RIBBON for the NICEST review I have ever had. It is wonderful to know that there are people like you who truly appreciate the hard work, love and care we put into these cottages. When someone says they could use a spring cleaning, I do not understand where they are coming from. The only way we could get them any cleaner is to run them through a car wash. Not Pratical. We are a family that has been here for 32 years and we truly love this place and have a lot of fun and pride in taking care of our cottages. We have had offers to sell over the years but this IS our peaceful little corner of the world, we can't think of a place we would rather be than right here on the river.

Thanks Again.
Lincoln, Nebraska, United States
Reviewed 26 June 2013

People need to understand that cabins are just that, cabins. I've stayed in 5 star hotels expecting the best and I've been tent camping numerous times, expecting lots of dirt. I loved my cabin, #5, because it was just as I had anticipated, a 1920's style cabin (I checked out the photos on line before I booked). I loved the knotty pine cabinets, drawers and furniture and of course, the great view from the deck. Much nicer than expected. There is basic cooking equipment but if you ask Beverly she would give you what you need, even from her own personal kitchen! Yes, outdated but that's what makes them charming. Bathroom was newly remodeled. Shower big enough for one large person. Very clean and family run. The owner is a "hoot" and I enjoyed her company immensely. If I wanted The Stanley Hotel, I would have stayed there! I wanted to cook since I was going to be there for 16 days. The only thing I would change is to create a better view from the decks by cutting back some of the foliage. I'll be back!!

• Stayed June 2013, travelled solo
lovelandheights, Owner at Loveland Heights Cottages, responded to this review, 28 June 2013
Thank You so much for your review. 'You too were a hoot and a half'. I enjoyed sitting out on the porch swing with you in the evenings , I don't know if we got any of the worlds problems solved but it was fun trying. Thank your beautiful daughter again for the wonderful private concerts she gave the first night you were here and the last. The customers enjoyed it so much and so did I.
I thought it was so beautiful to sit out on the swing on a cool night and listen to her violin music kind of floating through the mountain air. What a talented young lady she is.

I have taken note of your idea to cut down some of the bushes between "YOUR CABIN" Well, thats what you called it and the river. It always pleases me when guests stay and then call back the next year and ask "Is MY cabin open".

You guys take care and I hope to see you again.
Aurora, Colorado
Reviewed 24 June 2013

This was a quaint cabin setting on the river. The location was great and only takes 5 minutes to get to downtown. The place could use some spring cleaning, updating, and landscaping clearing. We were in cabin 6, a studio unit. It was decent, very small bathroom and shower. The linens could use a new set and the unit has old cabinets etc... it's rustic. However, the service is great and all are happy to help. The deck was hard to view the river because the trees and foliage need cutting back. There are spider webs everywhere, I used the broom to get them off our deck.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled as a couple
I am happy you rated the cabin with a 4 out of 5. There are a few things you mentioned that I have concerns about.

You stated that it could use some spring cleaning. During the month of may all the walls were wahed,carpet shampooed curtains washed and ironed, all NEW BEDDING and the floors cleaned with an sos pad. As was every cabin. The walls were ALL freshly painted in 2012. I truly wish I could understand. The review above you stayed in the studio next to yours while you were here, they were here 16 days and raved about how clean the cabins are.

We are going to put in all new counter tops and kitchen sinks in 2014 and new screens. BUT the cabinets and updating will NEVER happen. It is a very delicate balance to make the cabins modernized with out loosing that "Step Back In Time" feeling. AS LONG AS I OWN THEM THEY WILL ALWAYS BE THAT "BRING BACK A MEMORY" type of cottage. If it does not bring back a memory that you are just to young, BUT some day you will look at your loved one and say "do you remember that cute little cabin we stayed in 10 years ago?" It will then be your memory as well.

I addressed the landscaping in the review above yours. Again this is hard because most of our old timers prefer the natural look of mountain living, they do not want a well manacured place to visit. They want the MOUNTAINS as they know them. This is why we try to leave the river
side of the property pretty much alone and have the nice manacured lawn in the front, that way we can perhaps try to please everyone. What looks like spider webs are a downfall of river living. I don't even know what they are, I have never seen a spider out there and they are only on the outside of the cabins, on the river side. Been a mystery to me for 32 years, as I also have them on the river side of my house. We kind of leave them alone as the humming birds use them to take and make their nests. We take a hose and hose them down after nesting season is over.