“Fantastic view, but with limitations” 2 of 5 bubbles
Review of Black Canyon Inn

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Black Canyon Inn
Washington DC, District of Columbia
“Fantastic view, but with limitations”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 August 2013

We stayed in A5 for 3 nights at $169/night. Our room was decorated in wonderful woodland kitsch and had a great view. However, our room was never serviced (no new towels, no bed service, etc), there were no filters for the coffee maker, no iron for the ironing board, and paper thin walls. There is a noise curfew because you can literally hear the person in the next room coughing. In addition, there is a pet ban on the property (we kenneled our dog), but the couple in the room next to us had a golden lab whose nails on the floor you could hear through the walls.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled as a couple
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank miss_wanderluster

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (57)
Milwaukee, Wisconsin
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 August 2013

This resort is located in a beautiful area, but that is about the only good thing about it. When I arrived and check in the staff was not very friendly. When we got to the room, it was clean, but the amenities were non-existent. My family of four stayed in a one bedroom unit. The king size bed had only two standard size pillows on it, and only one pillow (I guess to share?!?) for the two people sleeping on the pull out sofa. When I asked the front desk for extra pillows, they said those are provided by the owners and they had none extra. The windows in the unit did not lock, so you could not lock up valuables, and the screen door was broken. I called, but neither was fixed. The lighting in the unit was horrible, one ceiling light in the center of three rooms! No ceiling fans, and the only electric outlets in the place had the TV, and alarm clock plugged into them. They also advertise wifi, but there was no service in the unit I was in.
I will travel to Estes Park again, but would be better off staying at the Motel 6.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled with family
Wichita, Kansas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 August 2013

We had our wedding at this venue in July 2013. Very pleased with everything. Our cabin was exceptionally clean and spacious (Columbine Cabin). We had our wedding at The Pavilion and it has a backdrop like its out of a photo shopped catalog. Very impressed with everything and very peaceful place to stay/hangout. Is perfect for a wedding, anniversary, or just a relaxing trip away!!

• Stayed July 2013, travelled as a couple
Phoenix, AZ
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 August 2013

We enjoyed our stay in F1, a one-bedroom with a breath-taking view of the meadow and mountains from the living room or front porch. Big bathroom, with two sinks, shower and large tub. The staff was very pleasant through the booking and check-in process. There is construction going on now beside this building. And you can hear footsteps and toilet flushing from the unit above. But the property's location and overall ambiance outweighed the minor noise issues. The Inn is down the road from the Stanley Hotel, where we enjoyed breakfast and drinks on the veranda. A Safeway is just a bit further down the road. And the national park is 15 minutes away. Can't beat that.

Room Tip: Ask for a room with a direct view of the mountains -- not the parking lot.
  • Stayed August 2013, travelled as a couple
Houston, Texas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 August 2013

We stayed here for a week of our vacation to Colorado. The place is very well maintained, clean and the staff is friendly. The views were incredible, the kitchen had most of the basics. (It would be nice if some things like salt/pepper were in the condo.) The beds were soft, but a little small since we are used to a king. I would suggest bringing your own pillows though because the ones in our unit were quite flat. We enjoyed sitting out on the balcony watching the sunset and the wildlife go by. I would love to be back there right now.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled with family
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 August 2013

This was a great place for a family reunion/wedding. Easy access to hiking, shopping, Rocky Mountain NP, but far enough out of town that you don't feel like you're in the middle of a tourist town. The Twin Owls restaurant was very good for the reception, and my kids enjoyed the pool.

• Stayed July 2013
Bryan, Texas, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 July 2013

My husband and I got married here on July 18th 2013 and it was just perfect. Although it rained Rosemary made everything run smoothly and easily. I was really nervous the day before about details (having never have planned and done a wedding before I was concerned on what to do and what to expect) Rosemary took me around the property the morning after I arrived and she was so enthusiastic about my wedding. She was so calm, helpful and reassuring that all my nerves just melted away. It seemed like she was there for whatever I needed and she was only there to serve me and make me and my husband's stay there and our wedding just as perfect as possible. I couldnt have been happier. When the rain started the morning of the wedding I was of course a bit disappointed but Rosemary's confidence and big smile allowed me to stop worrying about the little details, I knew she had it all under control, I just had to think about being a beautiful, blushing bride that was about to marry the man of my dreams. The rooms were exquisite and more comfortable than one could have ever hoped for. We are already planning on going back for our one year anniversary so we can get some pictures around the property that we had to miss out on due to the rain. Our pictures were just breathtaking but there was so much more the property had to offer. Rosemary and Black Canyon, We love you! - Jen & Ryan

Room Tip: All the rooms at this property are just beautiful.
  • Stayed July 2013, travelled as a couple