“AMAZING Staff & FANTASTIC View!”
Review of Black Canyon Inn

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Black Canyon Inn
Reviewed 17 April 2014

We come to Black Canyon 3-4 times a year! The staff is superb and always so kind and attentive. They know the area well and give great ideas and suggestions. The view is simply amazing. There is no other place like it. We have been coming to Estes for years and no other place compares! The grounds are well kept, the place has class (unlike the writer below). Sounds like she didn't understand these are condos and NOT hotels. Seriously, honey, don't try and ruin a good company by attacking someone personally. Perhaps, Florida for Spring Break is more your speed.

Everyone here has always been top notch, professional and very responsive. Lots of wildlife around. There's nothing like waking up to 6-20 elk outside your window to watch as you drink your morning coffee. Highly recommend Black Canyon!

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 14 April 2014

First, I want to say that I never write reviews and I can tell that I am going to enjoy this.

This property is a whole ownership condo association. For the owners of these units I hope you read this and move to make some operational changes at the property level.
The front desk staff.... worst in the hospitality game, EVER. I can not express in words how rude, demanding and just an overall lack of respect that a guest should be given by the front office. I have to say that Sarah is probably either new to the hospitality space or just could really care less about how her sour attitude impacts your life. I would move to removing her as soon as possible.
Long story short... I was there for a wedding in the A section of the "cabins". I think I could hear the people next door having sex and stomping around at 5AM... At this said, wedding we drank beer and ate some chips. When we left there were chips on the ground and beer bottles on the counter... about an hour later one of the people that I was staying with said "I think the Black Canyon is trying to run my card for $100" .

Sure enough my card was then attempted to run a $100 charge (4 times). I personally didn't sign ANYTHING just split the room with my friend. We had to call and ask what was going on... I continued to educate her that running an individuals card without consent is called "fraud" and she knew that this was an illegal act because she verbally confirmed it (and wasn't sorry about it). After some choice words were had she went down to the unit to inspect the condition and said she would call me back once she saw it with her own eyes. She called back, lowered the cleaning fee charge from $100 to $50 and said I need you to pull out your CC and give me one that works right now.

I told her to pound sand... The short of this long story is that this isn't a hotel... no room service (cleaning daily), actual hard keys (unsafe especially for the ladies), no amenities like shampoo for instance. This place is bleeding cash and it shows. It feels like your in the 70's here and each unit is completely different. The is no consistency here and the people in the front "office" are inept to do their job and are milking the actual owners of the Black Canyon "Inn".

Screw this Mickey Mouse operation and go stay in town.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with friends
4  Thank Gunny514
Reviewed 19 March 2014

My daughter was married at The Black Canyon Inn on January 18, 2014. The venue could not have been better. The only negative was a minor mix up with a reservation, but it was taken care of immediately. All of the ladies we worked with were wonderful. It was a gorgeous day for an outdoor wedding in Estes Park and everything was perfect. The Twin Owl Steakhouse, which is located on the property, was fabulous. The food was fantastic, very well presented, and Sandra was wonderful.

Stayed: January 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Judith P
Reviewed 17 March 2014 via mobile

We stayed at the Columbine cabin for our Estes Park fun-filled weekend away. It snowed the evening we got there, and continued through until morning...it was absolutely beautiful. The cabin is such a sweet, romantic cabin....so cozy. Everything was very clean, and the staff was great. The view is spectacular!

Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank JenniferR73
Reviewed 23 February 2014

We stayed for two nights, great views, huge bathroom with jacuzzi.very comfortable but no broil pan or any pyrex dishes or anything to put in oven also no microwave dishes for the microwave.it made it difficult to cook a meal with only pans for the hob.Also crockery was tired. Small things but it took the shine off a great place to stay.the helpful reception said all condos were individualy owned and should have these items they apologised but did not find us anything to put in oven or microwave.

Room Tip: If you are planning to cook, do not have condo A6
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank DesBir
BreeyanBSloan, Manager at Black Canyon Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 25 February 2014

Thank you very much for your candid feedback regarding your recent stay with us. Again, I'm very sorry that you didn't find what you needed for your meals provided in the condo. I didn't have any miscellaneous items available in our office that would have helped, unfortunately. Upon your departure, my staff did find a cookie sheet in the drawer under the oven, which easily could have been overlooked. We are diligently working with our owners this winter on updating and increasing the amenities they are providing for their guests and allowing the guests to have a better expectation of what will be available to them during their stay. I do hope you will consider us again the next time you visit Estes Park!

Reviewed 12 January 2014

Just attended a wedding held at Black Canyon Inn. It was fantastic.

We were an international group, largely from Australia. The accommodation, ceremony, reception all took place here.

The accommodation was very comfortable, warm and spacious.
The pavilion where the ceremony took place has a spectacular view.
Reception food great.

All in all we had a great weekend.

Stayed: January 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank Margo D
Reviewed 5 January 2014

My daughter had never seen the mountains so over Labor Day weekend 2013 we decided to take a father daughter roadtrip. Black Canyon Inn was perfect. It was five minutes from downtown Estes yet far enough away to enjoy the grandure of the mountains. The shopping is Estes was great. My daughter was in absolute heaven. And I survived 4 straight hours enough said. The staff was very friendly, helpful in answering our quesitons and kind. D6 was very clean, just the right size and had all the comforts of home. And my daughter truly enjoyed wakeing up the the mountains each morning. It was one of those trips if we never did it again we have memories that will last a lifetime.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled with family