“Fantastic”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Black Canyon Inn

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Black Canyon Inn
Austin, Texas
“Fantastic”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 July 2014

My fiancé and I chose this venue for our wedding in June 2014. When we got to the location, and Sara took us to where the ceremony would take place, the smile on my face and my reaction caused my dad to lean over to my husband and say "you know you are getting married here right?". To say the view and the grounds are amazing is an understatement. We had a lot of people traveling in from across the country and being a Colorado native, I wanted to show off what Colorado is all about, and this location does that. The staff at the Black Canyon was helpful and quick to solve any issues that we had, which were very few leading up to the event. There is a lot to do in Estes Park, all year long so our wedding guests never had lack of entertainment. Looking for a beautiful place in the mountains to have a wedding, take the family or escape solo to? This is your place.

Room Tip: Columbine Cabin next to the pool for a wedding, its prefect for the bride to get ready in
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (59)
Shutesbury
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 July 2014

This was a destination wedding site for a relative and ended up being an amazing vacation for the entire family. We all rented different condos on the site, and each place was clean, comfortable and offered everyone wonderful views of the Twin Owls and mountains beyond.
Staff were helpful and attentive. They are very skilled in putting on weddings. The ceremony was in a comfortable, covered, outdoor venue with the Rocky Mountains as a back drop. The restaurant on site is large enough for a wedding of around 100 people, with good food and service.
I would recommend the Inn for a vacation spot or as a destination wedding!

Room Tip: Upper floor condos had a better deck than the ones on the ground floor.
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
Evergreen, Colorado
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 May 2014

We rented out the entire property for guests at my daughter's wedding that was held on the premises in April 2014. We couldn't be happier with the beautiful condos and management making sure everything went perfect. We had the 2 bdrm, 2 ba with loft and staircase unit. Everyone ooo'd and ahhh'd at the beautiful condo and setting. I received nothing but positive feedback from all the guests for their condos as well.
This is an immaculately kept property with fabulous views of Rocky Mountain National Park nearby. It is not uncommon to see large elk and other wildlife on the grounds. If you want to get a real feel for what Colorado is all about, this is the place for you. And I should know, since I live in Colorado!

Room Tip: There is a cute rustic log cabin that can be rented on the premises. It has a 2 fireplaces! One in t...
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank MountainGurlCO
Lincoln, Nebraska
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 April 2014

We come to Black Canyon 3-4 times a year! The staff is superb and always so kind and attentive. They know the area well and give great ideas and suggestions. The view is simply amazing. There is no other place like it. We have been coming to Estes for years and no other place compares! The grounds are well kept, the place has class (unlike the writer below). Sounds like she didn't understand these are condos and NOT hotels. Seriously, honey, don't try and ruin a good company by attacking someone personally. Perhaps, Florida for Spring Break is more your speed.

Everyone here has always been top notch, professional and very responsive. Lots of wildlife around. There's nothing like waking up to 6-20 elk outside your window to watch as you drink your morning coffee. Highly recommend Black Canyon!

• Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
Atlanta, Georgia
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 April 2014

First, I want to say that I never write reviews and I can tell that I am going to enjoy this.

This property is a whole ownership condo association. For the owners of these units I hope you read this and move to make some operational changes at the property level.
The front desk staff.... worst in the hospitality game, EVER. I can not express in words how rude, demanding and just an overall lack of respect that a guest should be given by the front office. I have to say that Sarah is probably either new to the hospitality space or just could really care less about how her sour attitude impacts your life. I would move to removing her as soon as possible.
Long story short... I was there for a wedding in the A section of the "cabins". I think I could hear the people next door having sex and stomping around at 5AM... At this said, wedding we drank beer and ate some chips. When we left there were chips on the ground and beer bottles on the counter... about an hour later one of the people that I was staying with said "I think the Black Canyon is trying to run my card for $100" .

Sure enough my card was then attempted to run a $100 charge (4 times). I personally didn't sign ANYTHING just split the room with my friend. We had to call and ask what was going on... I continued to educate her that running an individuals card without consent is called "fraud" and she knew that this was an illegal act because she verbally confirmed it (and wasn't sorry about it). After some choice words were had she went down to the unit to inspect the condition and said she would call me back once she saw it with her own eyes. She called back, lowered the cleaning fee charge from $100 to $50 and said I need you to pull out your CC and give me one that works right now.

I told her to pound sand... The short of this long story is that this isn't a hotel... no room service (cleaning daily), actual hard keys (unsafe especially for the ladies), no amenities like shampoo for instance. This place is bleeding cash and it shows. It feels like your in the 70's here and each unit is completely different. The is no consistency here and the people in the front "office" are inept to do their job and are milking the actual owners of the Black Canyon "Inn".

Screw this Mickey Mouse operation and go stay in town.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with friends
3 Thank Gunny514
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 March 2014 via mobile

My daughter was married at The Black Canyon Inn on January 18, 2014. The venue could not have been better. The only negative was a minor mix up with a reservation, but it was taken care of immediately. All of the ladies we worked with were wonderful. It was a gorgeous day for an outdoor wedding in Estes Park and everything was perfect. The Twin Owl Steakhouse, which is located on the property, was fabulous. The food was fantastic, very well presented, and Sandra was wonderful.

Stayed January 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Judith P
Anthony, Kansas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 March 2014 via mobile

We stayed at the Columbine cabin for our Estes Park fun-filled weekend away. It snowed the evening we got there, and continued through until morning...it was absolutely beautiful. The cabin is such a sweet, romantic cabin....so cozy. Everything was very clean, and the staff was great. The view is spectacular!

Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple