“New management as of Jan. 2008”

Misty Mountain Lodge
Reviewed 5 March 2008

I wanted to let everyone know how great the management at Misty Mountain Lodge is. Peter SO went the extra mile for us. E-mailing me back several times, answering all my qestions, making suggestions and giving advice about the area. He could not possibly have been more accomadating. I had originally planned our stay for July, but due to health had to cancel.
However, we will DEFINATELY be going there during the fall season.

Stayed: March 2008

Reviewed 31 October 2007

Our time at Misty Mountain has been precious to us, it's just so restful and restorative. We had a very special visitor as we prepared to leave at 5:00 on Monday morning. As Marty got ready to go out the door with yet another load of stuff, he looked down and here was a half-grown raccoon, on her/his back legs, peaking in through the screen door. I'm sure if we'd opened it, we would have had company. . Since one of our true joys of being at Estes Park is the animal viewing, we felt very honored to have a farewell from a raccoon!

• Stayed: October 2007, travelled with family
1  Thank martyjan
Reviewed 11 June 2007

My husband, son and I just got back from 3 wonderful, relaxing nights at the Misty. We were celebrating our 10th anniversary and couldn't think of a nicer place to be. The property was beautiful, along with the wildlife! The cabin was adorable and very comfortable.

After exploring Estes during the day, the hot tub and fireplace was a perfect way to end the evening. Wish we had those luxuries at home! We even stayed in one night and barbecued on one of their many barbecues. Our porch was the perfect place to watch the wildlife.

The owners were so friendly and accommodating. We feel that is really what makes a place special. THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR MAKING OUR ANNIVERSARY SPECIAL!!

• Stayed: June 2007, travelled with family
2  Thank 10yrsago
Reviewed 24 October 2006

We recently stayed at the Misty Mountain Lodge for a family reunion. We had some confusion over our rate, it was not the same as listed online. (The rate online now is what we were charged. I checked to see if it had been changed and it has.)
When we checked in we were given 2 keys. Sometime later we left the room and took one of them with us, when we tried to get back in the room it didn't work. Wrong room key! My husband went to the office so we could get into the room and was told he needed ID to get a key. That presented a problem since our ID was in the room. He asked the man in the office to go to the room and let us in so we could show himidentification. He didn't want to stop watching his football game to do that. My husband explained that our ID was in the room ( and the car, which was locked.) He tossed the key at my husband and told him he was breaking policy giving him the key and he, my husband, should bring him the ID right away, which he did.
It would have been so simple for the management to go to the room and unlock the door so we could then show them identification. They were the ones who gave us the wrong key in the first place!
I would not recommend this lodge to anyone!

• Stayed: October 2006, travelled with family
2  Thank crhome
Reviewed 13 August 2006

You would think that if you had 3/4 of the cabins rented to one group that they would treat you nice. I travel extensively around the world and this was by far one of the worst managed places I have been too.

The trash bin was full when we got there on Friday and then they management had the nerve to tell us that we had too much trash. I have a family of four and we fill up 4 trash barrels a week. They need a bigger trash dumpster and they need to have there trash picked up more than twice a week. They told us we had to keep the trash in our rooms since the dumpster was full so the Raccoons wouldn’t get in to it. How professional is that.

When we got there one of the hot tubs was broke. They claim that it broke a couple of days earlier and it was going to be replaced soon. Don’t lie to me, that thing had been broke all summer. The water in the bottom of it was so green and disgusting, I have seen cleaner backyard ponds.

We were out in the yard having a get together and they rudely told us to be quiet because we were disturbing the other guest. We said ok and packed up and went inside. I asked them though who we disturbed and they said the room over there. I asked did they complain to you about our noise and she said no, then I said how do you know we bothered them since they didn’t complain. Again another lie.

The manger was extremely rude; he was in his late 40's and acted like a kid. Very childish standing guard by the dumpster and confronting guest rudely. It seemed like he wanted to get in a fight with some of my family members instead of trying to make the situation right.

Parking was horrible; they said we had too many cars. They only had around 17 parking spaces and there were around 23 cabins. I think we have a problem with camping. I guess they want some of there guests to walk there. I believe parking is a first come first serve basis, and sorry if some of the guests that were there besides us had to park off site, so did we.

The cabins were outdated and they were decorated very tacky. The fountains were a joke and the grass looked like crap. My friends have cabins that are 60 years old in the mountains and they re in better shape than these that we paid 150 bucks a night for.

My point is don’t waste your money we wasted over $8,000.00 here when I just as soon stayed in my car after the way they treated me.

• Stayed: July 2006, travelled on business