“Clean and Comfortable”

Misty Mountain Lodge
Farmington, Michigan
“Clean and Comfortable”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 July 2014 via mobile

Three of us travelled to Estes Park for a friends wedding. We stayed in Room #6 and enjoyed our stay. The owners were very helpful with anything we needed. The room looked bigger in the pictures but Estes has so much to offer we spent little time in our room. The hot tub has a great night view of the mountains. The resort property was very family friendly.

Stayed July 2014
1 Thank KatieHer

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (48)
Buenos Aires, Distrito Federal, Argentina
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 July 2014 via mobile

Me and my sister stayed here for two nights and we absolutely loved it! The staff was great, the rooms were clean, great location. I definitely would recommend this place for anyone looking to have a great adventure in the rockies

• Stayed July 2014
Broomfield, Colorado
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 July 2014

This is the second time in 2 years that we have held our family reunion at Misty Mountain Lodge. Peter and his family are the ultimate hosts with smore's over the fire and beautiful cabins and rooms. This year we even got to experience a beautiful 7 point bull elk wandering through the grounds.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
Austin, Texas
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 July 2014

This lodging had everything we could possibly want: location, amenities, and owners who are welcoming, friendly and helpful. We found that we could easily walk to town or get on the road to
Rocky Mountain National Park quickly. The bed was very comfy and we enjoyed sitting on the front porch in the evening's coolness to listen to the river rushing close by. We were invited to a special treat of s'mores especially made by Peter by the outdoor fire. Very special memory indeed. I would love to see more of Peter and Ellen. We had a great time staying with them.

Room Tip: I understand that there are properties available at Misty Mountain to suit various needs and numbers...
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
Lamar, Missouri
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 July 2014

I just returned home from staying at Misty Mountain Lodge for four nights. I have been traveling to Estes Park to hike in RMNP for many years now. Every time I return, I always stay at Misty Mountain Lodge. There are many reasons for this. Firstly, I love the location, just two blocks from all the shops and restaurants downtown on Elkhorn (the Main Street area). I don't have to drive and find parking when so much is within walking distance. Although it is very close to downtown, it is a very quite and relaxing location, just across the street from the Big Thompson River. You can sit outside at night in one of the many available seating areas on the lawn or in front of your room and listen to the river, or gather around the fire pit and enjoy the company of the very friendly and helpful owners of the lodge while enjoying a s'more. This brings me to my second reason for staying here, the owners are truly wonderful, friendly people who will do all they can to make sure you enjoy your stay. Want a recommendation on a great place to eat? They are happy to share some of their favorites. Going hiking in RMNP during the day? Just let them know what trails you are planning on taking, what trail head you will be using and what time you plan to return. If you aren't back within a reasonable amount of time from the time you said you would return, they will call the park and ask them to check on you. Just let them know when you return. This is wonderful for someone like me that makes the trip to Estes Park alone as a personal retreat. Third, and last, the rooms are clean and comfortable. I have stayed in a couple of different rooms over the years I have been staying here, and both have been great. I most recently stayed in Room 3, which I like because it has a kitchen as well as a fireplace. The bed is very comfortable! I can't wait to return in 2016 (I visit every two years)!

• Stayed July 2014, travelled solo
1 Thank white_chevy
Findlay, Ohio
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 July 2014

Great location......Misty Mt. is just one block from downtown with all the shops and restaurants. Owners are friendly and helpful. Suite was great, had comfortable king size bed, nice kitchen area and comfortable living room. Kids loved the 2 hot tubs. Even though it is close to the shopping area, Misty Mt. is located on a quiet street.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
Denver, Colorado
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 June 2014

Misty Mountain Lodge is great. My wife and I stayed in Unit 8. What a great bed...King Sized and so comfy. What a great location. 5 minute walk from the heart of downtown Estes. The owners are so kind !! We will be back soon...

• Stayed June 2014