Misty Mountain Lodge
Coyote Mountain Lodge(Estes Park)(Great Value!)
US$65
Very Good 4/5
Discovery Lodge(Estes Park)(Great Value!)
US$65
Very Good 4/5
Alpine Trail Ridge Inn(Estes Park)(Great Value!)
US$107
Great 4.5/5
Quality Inn Estes Park(Estes Park)(Great Value!)
US$127
Great 4.5/5
Stanley Hotel(Estes Park)(Great Value!)
US$220
US$174
Groupon.com
  • Restaurant
Hotel Estes(Estes Park)(Great Value!)
US$109
Great 4.5/5
The Haber Motel(Estes Park)(Great Value!)
US$105
Great 4.5/5
Nicky's Resort(Estes Park)(Great Value!)
US$79
Hotels.com
Very Good 4/5
Deer Crest Resort(Estes Park)(Great Value!)
US$87
Official Site
Great 4.5/5
The Maxwell Inn(Estes Park)(Great Value!)
US$110
Great 4.5/5
All reviewsgreat locationfire pitowners peterwalked everywherefull kitchenwithin walking distancethe river walkhot tubcan't beat the locationtwo blocksgreat hostsplace to stayshort walkother guestsclose to townliving roomrestaurants and shops
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 24 October 2006

We recently stayed at the Misty Mountain Lodge for a family reunion. We had some confusion over our rate, it was not the same as listed online. (The rate online now is what we were charged. I checked to see if it had been changed and it has.)
When we checked in we were given 2 keys. Sometime later we left the room and took one of them with us, when we tried to get back in the room it didn't work. Wrong room key! My husband went to the office so we could get into the room and was told he needed ID to get a key. That presented a problem since our ID was in the room. He asked the man in the office to go to the room and let us in so we could show himidentification. He didn't want to stop watching his football game to do that. My husband explained that our ID was in the room ( and the car, which was locked.) He tossed the key at my husband and told him he was breaking policy giving him the key and he, my husband, should bring him the ID right away, which he did.
It would have been so simple for the management to go to the room and unlock the door so we could then show them identification. They were the ones who gave us the wrong key in the first place!
I would not recommend this lodge to anyone!

• Stayed: October 2006, travelled with family
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
2  Thank crhome
Reviewed 13 August 2006

You would think that if you had 3/4 of the cabins rented to one group that they would treat you nice. I travel extensively around the world and this was by far one of the worst managed places I have been too.

The trash bin was full when we got there on Friday and then they management had the nerve to tell us that we had too much trash. I have a family of four and we fill up 4 trash barrels a week. They need a bigger trash dumpster and they need to have there trash picked up more than twice a week. They told us we had to keep the trash in our rooms since the dumpster was full so the Raccoons wouldn’t get in to it. How professional is that.

When we got there one of the hot tubs was broke. They claim that it broke a couple of days earlier and it was going to be replaced soon. Don’t lie to me, that thing had been broke all summer. The water in the bottom of it was so green and disgusting, I have seen cleaner backyard ponds.

We were out in the yard having a get together and they rudely told us to be quiet because we were disturbing the other guest. We said ok and packed up and went inside. I asked them though who we disturbed and they said the room over there. I asked did they complain to you about our noise and she said no, then I said how do you know we bothered them since they didn’t complain. Again another lie.

The manger was extremely rude; he was in his late 40's and acted like a kid. Very childish standing guard by the dumpster and confronting guest rudely. It seemed like he wanted to get in a fight with some of my family members instead of trying to make the situation right.

Parking was horrible; they said we had too many cars. They only had around 17 parking spaces and there were around 23 cabins. I think we have a problem with camping. I guess they want some of there guests to walk there. I believe parking is a first come first serve basis, and sorry if some of the guests that were there besides us had to park off site, so did we.

The cabins were outdated and they were decorated very tacky. The fountains were a joke and the grass looked like crap. My friends have cabins that are 60 years old in the mountains and they re in better shape than these that we paid 150 bucks a night for.

My point is don’t waste your money we wasted over $8,000.00 here when I just as soon stayed in my car after the way they treated me.

• Stayed: July 2006, travelled on business
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
11  Thank riowuf